Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTION] Loafer's Suggestions

1) I want to be able to pick up weapons when I bunny hop over them really fast.
2) I'd like to know the weapon damage both out and ingame. For example, display damage whenever I hit someone. Or a chart with some information on weapons would suffice.
3) Please change the menu music to something more ambient.
4) More tournaments!

I *think* no. 1 may just be the fact that you're jumping over the weapon, which can't really be fixed but it might also be a bug where collision detection is not working. I tend to slow down, stop or time my jumps to pick up weapons at speed.

On point #2: f you want to know (or, if you're running a server and wish to change) weapon damage values, just look at the CVars. Most of the weapon related ones are stored in http://git.xonotic.org/?p=xonotic/xonoti...7c;hb=HEAD.

These are a bit tedious to look over, but they all follow a common pattern. For example "g_balance_laser_primary_damage 20" means that the laser's primary damage inflicted on enemies is 20 (for a direct hit), and "g_balance_nex_secondary_force 0" means that the Xon's alt-fire has 0 force.

As for #3 I like the menu music as is, but if you want to change it set the "menu_cdtrack" CVar to your liking

#4 will come with time, but I think we all want more active players and tournaments Big Grin
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

We need Morfar to create a new table for the weapon stats =)

#1: You just have to learn to time it properly, as you're just jumping over the weapon just as clanclanclan said. This is not something which will be changed mostly likely either as the bbox for the pickup model is already large enough. -- you could suggest to mappers that they should position the weapons slightly in the air, though, then even jumping over it wouldn't be possible.

#2: Sorry, but I think this is a bad idea unless you have some sort of debugging mode. I do not want to be spammed with a message every single time I get a hit telling me how much damage i've done. Besides, this would make it too easy to figure out how much health your opponent has. So by default, no.

In line with clanclanclan's suggestion of reading the balance cvars, I actually want to say that i'm making a script which calculates certain information (such as DPS) about weapons in balance configurations. Should be released some time soon if I get the motivation to.

#3: Eh - i'm totally indifferent to this, so if you can find a better track to use then by all means suggest it. (I don't even use music in Xonotic/Nexuiz.)

#4: what clanclanclan said. Big Grin

(12-28-2010, 05:14 AM)Loafers Wrote: 1) I want to be able to pick up weapons when I bunny hop over them really fast.
2) I'd like to know the weapon damage both out and ingame. For example, display damage whenever I hit someone. Or a chart with some information on weapons would suffice.
3) Please change the menu music to something more ambient.
4) More tournaments!

1: Disagree here, because you'd be picking up weapons even though you haven't actually touched them.

2: Weapon info can be found in-game, but getting at it takes a bit of time. I agree that a table would be much more useful.

3: I have music disabled anyway so I can't comment here Tongue

4: Remember that only a preview has been released so far! When a major version is released (though 0.1 is already pretty good) there'll be loads more players, which means there can be more community activities (like tournaments Smile)
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

There'll HOPEFULLY be more players Wink

With the current movement/weapons you can be sure there won't be many Nexuiz players, which if I'm correct is the primary crowd interested in this game.

monad's law proven again Tongue
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

As to #1, you can usually get the weapon by crouching (but still bunnyhopping). You'll lose just a little speed, but not as much as you think.
Smile hope it works for you

(12-29-2010, 08:58 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: With the current movement/weapons you can be sure there won't be many Nexuiz players, which if I'm correct is the primary crowd interested in this game.

TROLL!?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

kojn^ Wrote:TROLL!?

Nobody can defeat the law of monad. It's like phys- oh.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(12-29-2010, 01:36 PM)kojn^ Wrote:
(12-29-2010, 08:58 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: With the current movement/weapons you can be sure there won't be many Nexuiz players, which if I'm correct is the primary crowd interested in this game.

TROLL!?

TROLL!!

Most actually seem to like the settings, otherwise we'd have insane amounts of people complaining. Which we don't.
So you're damn right, "you can be sure there won't be many Nexuiz players" soon. Wink
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,987 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Movement + sound related suggestions Smilecythe 13 9,870 12-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] A couple of suggestions Lee_Stricklin 0 2,327 12-05-2016, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] minstagib mechanics & suggestions lister 10 7,925 12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Last Post: lister
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestions for controls and HUD Denterroquet 15 15,010 01-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Reversion Balance - Feedback / Suggestions asyyy 0 3,248 10-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: asyyy
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] Suggestions and Question GoregeousGuy 7 9,587 09-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] XPM Suggestions machine! 4 5,949 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Last Post: mudkip
  [SUGGESTION] Bot suggestions rocknroll237 39 35,633 10-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  [SUGGESTION] My Xonotic suggestions! rocknroll237 49 62,255 09-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Morphed