Create an account

Poll: To make the masses happy, let's copy physics from:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CS
14.89%
7 14.89%
HALO
21.28%
10 21.28%
CPMA
25.53%
12 25.53%
DUNNO "\_(O.o)_/" LOL, balance threads amuse me!!!elevenone
38.30%
18 38.30%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SUGGESTION] My proposal on weapon and physics balances

Choose one from the above.
And STFU already.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

why not from every mutliplayer fps? so we attract many many people and become the biggest game ever!
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Currently, is it possible to change physics without modifying the source? If it is, no-one has anything to complain about.

(01-03-2011, 02:55 PM)top_cat Wrote: Currently, is it possible to change physics without modifying the source? If it is, no-one has anything to complain about.

open your game console and type "exec foo_balance.cfg" this will load foo_balance, you may need to restart the game for all the changes to work.

If you're using RCON then something like
PHP Code:
rcon_password bar
rcon exec foo_balance
.cfg
rcon restart 

You could add "exec foo_balance.cfg" to your autoexec.cfg or server.cfg and then restart (or fs_rescan ; exec [autoexec|server].cfg).

I shall inflate all results by one as THEY ALL SUCK.

Hehe I've never played any of those except a Halo demo a loonngg time ago.
Where's the "Happy with what we have" option?

(01-03-2011, 02:55 PM)top_cat Wrote: Currently, is it possible to change physics without modifying the source? If it is, no-one has anything to complain about.

Anybody can create their own physics and balance files and execute them in game. You just have to make sure they're in your data directory. Here's mine if you want to toy around with physics/balance, you should be able to find other ones in:

Xonotic/data/xonotic-20101223-data.pk3

.zip   balanceLeeStricklin.zip (Size: 6.17 KB / Downloads: 0)

To use whatever physics/balance you created/tweaked, just copy them to your .xonotic/data folder under Linux or My Games/xonotic/data under Windows. After that exec them in your console before starting a game:

exec balancefilename.cfg
exec physicsfilename.cfg

For example to exec my balance/physics you would type:

exec balanceLeeStricklin.cfg
exec physicsLeeStricklin-ModdedFruit.cfg

Have fun!
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

You clearly didn't get the point of this thread...

just for the record, i voted for all of them
(01-03-2011, 02:52 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: why not from every mutliplayer fps? so we attract many many people and become the biggest game ever!

And each player gets to pick their own settings!
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(01-03-2011, 06:25 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: You clearly didn't get the point of this thread...

Actually I kinda did, but this guy had a question and I answered it. Basically your sick of seeing balance threads pop up and find them annoying and your probably getting annoyed with the balanceFruit thread getting hot. Seeing the problems with balanceFruit, I have no intention of halting development on my configs and have no intention of stopping Samual or pretty much any other person from developing their own either. I can understand if your getting annoyed with a lot of my posts though, as I think it's safe to say most of you have heard of my balance by now. Given the lack of feed back on them, I do wonder if anybody has actually exec'd these files and actually TRIED THEM out though.

Oh wait.

I voted CPMA because that's the only physics that doesn't drive me insane. Halo is far too slow, and in counterstrike you can jump small buildings in a single bound Tongue
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

I voted for halo because it has a chocobo
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I can haz Nexuiz physicz?

(01-03-2011, 07:10 PM)Mirio Wrote: I can haz Nexuiz physicz?

nope.avi

(01-03-2011, 07:10 PM)Mirio Wrote: I can haz Nexuiz physicz?
Big GrinBig Grin

(01-03-2011, 07:11 PM)FruitieX Wrote: nope.avi

booo... jk I know we will have Nexuiz cfg'd xonotic servers for us refugee nex players.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Please make the physics so that the floor is full of bananas, and the guns also shoot bananas exclusively!. So.. basically Bananarama!

Needs slippery banana texture.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Hm... I forgot to mention that those who vote on CS will be banned (and shot) on sight.

DAmn, i have to change my vote to CS now, just to see that..
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Bump for moar votes

* Spaceman hides from Cubey

top_cat,
you can also experiment with the various cvar's ingame. By opening the game console and changing the cvar's, or editing one of the configs with a text editor, saving it and then with the game console "fs_rescan, exec the_config.cfg".

fs_rescan makes DarkPlaces rescan the file system and will load anything suitable it finds in the data dir.

exec ... executes the config.

HTH

PS don't worry somebody will complain about the weapon or physics configuration.

(01-04-2011, 08:05 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Hm... I forgot to mention that those who vote on CS will be banned (and shot) on sight.

Hey there's nothing bad about Counter Strike outside the fact that it sucks due to it being a shallow and boring game that gets old quick since you do exactly the same stuff round after round.

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,808 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,674 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,664 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Yet another physics and balance revamp Lee_Stricklin 3 3,813 04-28-2016, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,561 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,156 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon damage Damasco 17 14,398 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Last Post: ShuffleShot
  [SUGGESTION] In game physics poVoq 14 14,682 04-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Dial Indicator, Threat Detector, Tactile Feedback and Impact Physics MkThUnderwd 18 19,963 04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hutty