Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTION] [Mode] Region Capture

This mode is nearly the same as onslaught, but has one big difference:

You cant normally pickup weapons, you receive weapons from control points. Every control point gives one type of weapons, so you have mortar bases, machinegun bases, hagar bases, and so on.

Bases will provide you weapons when you're really close, for example 5 meters. And they will give you up to 150 lives and 50 armor, but not really much ammo, for example up to 100 machinegun ammo, and the other kinds of ammo 50. Of course only to the team that owns the base. A team wins by just controlling every base.

In this mode players need to be able to handle every kind of weapon. So you need a lot of skills Tongue. If your team doesn't own the base with your favourite weapon, you just cant get it. So its important that dead players don't drop weapons.

That was it!
Moved to Mepper

I got this one too, like assasin, from Sauerbraten (cube 2).

That game sucks and is ugly, but the modes are good.
Moved to Mepper

year the game modes in sauerbraten are really nice
btw. which mode do you mean? the ammo floating around the base ready to pick it up
or the regeneration mode where the base constantly grants ammo health and armor?

we have a Capture/Domination mode
maybe these modes could be put into a nice mutator.

No, it sucks to do redundant game modes like that. (It is WAY TOO SIMILAR TO ONSLAUGHT) -- We CAN make this a gameplay mechanic/mutator for onslaught though, then the game mode isn't redundant+++. Maybe i'll look into it later if I end up doing the remake/fix of the onslaught game code.

Also: It literally is ripping off the idea from sauerbraten even more so than just assassin (as many games have this actually)

I would not mind it, but i would not be interested in coding it either. As it does sounds very similar to ONS already id suggest anyone who is interested to do it as a ons mutator instead of a separate mode.

I agree that making this mutator would be better. I hope then that ONS will be played more. It is with most weapons and jetpack my favourite mode.

And I meant the mode that the bases constantly grant ammo health and armor.
Moved to Mepper

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Payload-like (TF2) Game Mode For Xonotic dumpsterlid 2 72 11 hours ago
Last Post: dumpsterlid
  [SUGGESTION] Sumo game mode BuddyFriendGuy 2 2,007 02-24-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 2,107 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] A NEW GAME MODE - HIDE AND SEEK! Kotangens 5 3,743 07-30-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SUGGESTION] Destroyable Health mode. Magician 11 7,801 03-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Relic Duels (game mode) munyul 5 4,880 02-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Borderless (Fullscreen) Windowed Mode Iokast 0 3,365 07-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Iokast
  [SUGGESTION] Zombie mode verretor 4 5,264 09-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] CTF/FT hybrid game mode end user 9 11,463 08-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Portal-like/Puzzle/Gauntlet game mode? Re.Boot 10 13,139 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo