Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[sh] - the shell clan

Hi,

we never introduced ourself formally: We are a european nexuiz/xonotic clan. We play mostly CTF but also sometimes like to duel, TDM or play CA (or other gamemodes mostly for fun)..

Current members in alphabetical order:

atheros [pl]
lda17h [de]
l29ah [ru]
naryl [ru]
waterlaz [ua]

We are currently looking for new members so we can have nice practice sessions and clan rambles. Our form of organization is democratic. Every important issue gets decided by simple majority vote. It's no coincidence that two of our members are sporting opcodes as their nicknames. We are a programmers only clan. Exceptions are made for mathematicians or theoretical physicists. If you are a generally nice guy and fit the aforementioned criteria, consider joining us. Skill levels can be anything. It's about the good times fragging..

Contact us at #sh.nexuiz on irc.quakenet.net or via this forum

EDIT: contact info
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Shell clan for the win Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

haha XD Sadly programming your own aimbot is frowned upon, so we can't use our programming skills to win in this game ;D

Awww man that sucks Sad
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

hello shell clan!
[Image: vNzdsZw]

Hi ... WTF does your avatar mean?

hahahaha, its impossible to read but my name everywhere else other then the forums is Fishman. and the avatar is a fishman Tongue if i knew how to compress a .gif i would and then make it full size.

also WTF does your avatar mean? it looks like a map in netradient but you have zoomed out heeps far. amirite?
[Image: vNzdsZw]

yeah.. i couldn't think of anything better ;D

I might be interested in joining your clan.

I am a javascript, php, perl, bash programmer (and I also speak html(5), css(3), (my)sql, etc., I am a web developer and designer). I am new to the gaming world in general, but I catch on quick (or I am so far), study the arts of war, strategy, real life combat, and am a fiction writer. (And I love parentheses and big words.)

I am in Ireland as well. Smile
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Hi Emeth, join us on IRC, then Big Grin

I am on! Smile

[geek joke]Programmers make good gamers: they are used to violence. To make a bash script run, we tell it to pound bang slash bin slash bash. No wonder programs run when we execute the script![/geek joke]
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Sounds interesting to me Smile

I'm not an expert programmer by any means (just getting my feet wet with C though I've used VB6 for years), but I'm sure hanging with you guys could help speed up my learning Wink

Come to IRC and idle a bit in our channel to see whether you get along with us Big Grin
Oh did i get the IRC server wrong? Is it irc.quakenet.org or irc.quakenet.net? I don't know Big Grin Just try both..

We shall see. Wink

Hey people! I'm looking around for a new clan to join, as I'm considering to leave nj (nothing's certain yet, though).

So, your clan description sounds nice (especially that "skill levels can be anything" line - no, just kidding!), and I think that I could fit in. I'm fairly new to Xonotic, but have played UT99 and UT2k4 back then... Smile
  • european clan - check (I'm from Germany)
  • programmers - check (see below)
  • ctf + other game modes - check (although I also love minsta and overkill, and want to get better at duels)
  • playing for fun - double check (yeah! that's what this is about!)

Just a couple of days ago I started with some XonStat development (see my sig), and I plan to also get into the game code in the longer term. However Xonotic isn't the only project I've contributed to, and I also like to do small projects of my own that really no one will be using ever Big Grin
Additonally I could benefit from your exception rule. I'm an experimental physicist, not a theoretical one, but that only means I can actually work with hardware instead of the chalkboard Wink

Finally, I hope that this clan will be a bit more active, e.g. with practice matches and the like, since this is one of the things I'm really missing in my current one.
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star New Clan? CISN's New.... [CISN] Neigdoig 0 427 02-07-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Star [NEED HELP] Recruiting Clan Mamber’s (Velocity) Dynamx_FPS 1 1,021 02-07-2024, 08:36 PM
  Anyone interested in me starting a clan? [CISN] Neigdoig 5 2,253 01-12-2023, 10:10 PM
Brick Clan Recruitment - Days of Dour - 2020 Ridgebeam 3 3,119 07-18-2020, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Ridgebeam
  Clan for women? MarisaG 2 3,327 09-16-2018, 09:18 PM
Last Post: MarisaG
  Would like to join a clan and set up a clan server for free... MarisaG 4 3,834 09-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: MarisaG
Rainbow [4-bit]Games community clan. Mysyk 1 2,643 08-25-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Mysyk
  [unconnected] - clan CrrazzyRulezz 28 29,941 02-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post: zykure
  eLeMenT clan is up neXus 15 16,159 10-28-2016, 04:01 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  [AC] Duel Clan Ch4mp 8 10,442 09-11-2016, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Ch4mp