Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTION] Getting Xonotic to work with the Steam Community overlay

Any chance of getting Xonotic to work with the Steam Community overlay? I can launch the game through Steam, and can bring up the overlay by pressing Shift+Tab, but my cursor doesn't work on the overlay. I was pretty excited it initially seemed to work, but pretty bummed about the cursor not working...

And for those wondering, no I don't mean we should have Xonotic available for sale in the Steam Store. Just talking about the overlay here.

And for those who don't know what I'm talking about and have Steam...

Add Game > Non-Steam Game > Xonotic. Start it up through Steam and hit Shift+Tab.

(01-07-2011, 09:36 PM)MC SE7EN Wrote: Any chance of getting Xonotic to work with the Steam Community overlay? I can launch the game through Steam, and can bring up the overlay by pressing Shift+Tab, but my cursor doesn't work on the overlay. I was pretty excited it initially seemed to work, but pretty bummed about the cursor not working...

And for those wondering, no I don't mean we should have Xonotic available for sale in the Steam Store. Just talking about the overlay here.

Add Game > Non-Steam Game > Xonotic. Start it up through Steam and hit Shift+Tab.

Very strange cause it works for me. :S
I'm on Windows 7 x64 btw.
[Image: IUBFH.png]

Contact me on irc channel:
#Dietunichtguten @Quakenet

(01-07-2011, 10:46 PM)Nesquick Wrote:
(01-07-2011, 09:36 PM)MC SE7EN Wrote: Any chance of getting Xonotic to work with the Steam Community overlay? I can launch the game through Steam, and can bring up the overlay by pressing Shift+Tab, but my cursor doesn't work on the overlay. I was pretty excited it initially seemed to work, but pretty bummed about the cursor not working...

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.6. Are you able to move around your cursor, see your arrow, and click on things in the overlay?

Perfect example of a commonly bad thread title.

Why didn't you title the thread "Getting Xonotic to work with the Steam Community overlay"?

(01-07-2011, 10:47 PM)MC SE7EN Wrote:
(01-07-2011, 10:46 PM)Nesquick Wrote:

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.6. Are you able to move around your cursor, see your arrow, and click on things in the overlay?

Yes, the big Xonotic cursor turns into a regular Windows cursor and i can click on everything.
[Image: IUBFH.png]

Contact me on irc channel:
#Dietunichtguten @Quakenet

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Difficulty met during Translation work, and suggestion NaitLee 3 1,397 08-08-2022, 08:03 AM
Last Post: NaitLee
  [SUGGESTION] Steam ID in contact information djstrikes3 10 8,562 11-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Steam: why not an independent closed source launcher? Ferk 14 16,510 11-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Last Post: djstrikes3
  [SUGGESTION] Steam and Xon promotion. end user 35 34,805 10-09-2014, 02:51 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot
  [SUGGESTION] [SUGGESTION] Please Release Xonotic On Steam Iconoclast 4 5,871 12-25-2013, 10:11 AM
  [SUGGESTION] Community Design Workshop: singleplayer weapons tutorial s1lence 4 7,598 07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Distribution through Steam VNilla 169 144,063 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM
  [SUGGESTION] TS3/Vent - Community VoiceCom Ilaith 16 14,648 07-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Community organization SinSniper 16 18,558 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  [SUGGESTION] Community Podcast Trev_Nacho 5 4,877 05-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Trev_Nacho