Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is everyone?

Hi. I will make just make this short. I go onto xonotic servers almost every night but they are almost always nearly empty as the eye can see...at least for us server. Where is everyone?

Most people on here are Germans actually. I would play on a USA server if there was a mode-votable one (me American) but right now [NL] has everything--players, mode votable--so everything except ping Smile

Maybe I'll see you around.

Well there's my server which is usually up, but yes it isn't votable. I suppose if you begged I could set up scripts on my server for that Tongue I need to update the maps also, and add some mapinfos for keepaway and freezetag (mappers: Remember to add these now! They work just fine!)

decrux.mcintec.net is the server btw. Note: It uses my balance and generally any kind of patch/updates i'm working on at the moment, so certain things many seem weird.

And well, as for the problem of players directly: I really don't think very many people got to use Xonotic yet as it's still an early preview, and a lot of people still play Nexuiz because they don't even know about Xonotic. (Or they've run into the same problem you did, a lack of consistent amounts of players)

Honestly for now this is okay, I don't WANT a ton of people trying Xonotic yet as it is still way early and far off from what I hope to achieve with the project. Once there is a full release, i'm sure this will all change though.

I think Samuel summed it up quite good. More players and servers will be there when 1.0 will be released.
At the moment there are more European players and not many guys from America. Thats why there is usually only 1 full server - the [NL] balance test server - but obviously not when you want to play, because of the time difference.

I'm still playing Nexuiz KeyHunt with my bots.

I'd play if I had time...
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

As said here, mainly EU server's so mainly only EU player's playing, it's the same in AUstralian community, they haven't transferred there server's to xonotic yet and I think the one they had is currently down still so they are not playing online at the moment.

As for the US, most of the server's haven't been swapped over yet, even in EU we have this problem but we have a few player's atleast set up.

This is the main reason for lack of player's as well as it only been a preview version.

When 1.0 is released, expect a mass migration of server's, more promotion of the game and also a lot more of the nexuiz player's coming over (as server's move, player's will) as they find out more about the game.

So you'll probably need to wait till 1.0 is out, but I hear that US server's should be getting set up in Xonotic soon.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(01-13-2011, 12:47 AM)Samual Wrote: Well there's my server which is usually up, but yes it isn't votable. I suppose if you begged I could set up scripts on my server for that Tongue

This thread has the scripts you should need.

I think voteable servers are the future Smile

(01-13-2011, 12:10 AM)nowego4 Wrote: Most people on here are Germans actually. I would play on a USA server if there was a mode-votable one (me American) but right now [NL] has everything--players, mode votable--so everything except ping Smile

Maybe I'll see you around.

I'm in the same boat, so I set up a server for east coast USA tonight. Let me know how it performs, it's not a super fancy setup. I put in FruityX's mod-vote script too, just for you Wink

Im from the Netherlands, so I live in GM+1. That's the same time as Germany, France, and Italy and much more countries. I think in this timezone are the most players active. But still, when I am playing, I see never more than 10 people online. So I hope much people will be coming over to Xonotic if version 1.0 releases, and when the DieTunichtGuten servers move.
There just are extremely few people playing for how good this game is. I know games which are 2 times as worse but still there are thousands of players online, always. Much people just don't know that this exists. That should change.
Moved to Mepper

Yeah probably this game will need lots of advertisement when the final release will be out. I think 90% of the guys still playing Nexuiz have no clue that the game has been forked for example.
It should be advertised on as many esports website as possible, because its going to take very short time get used to for those who played competitive arcade FPS games (Q3, CPMA, QL, UT) in the years, especially with the new physics and better weapon balance.

Agree.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I think it might be a good idea to go advertising. If everyone should know what Xonotic is thousands of people would be online, every minute of the day.

But I think then you would get some other problems, especially names. I think you should make it necessary to create and login every time you play, because otherwise you can have players who copy names, and say that they are in a good clan while they aren't.

But for now, WE NEED MORE PLAYERS!
Moved to Mepper

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question personal update from everyone (whats going on for game??) chooksta 17 19,768 11-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Last Post: bitbomb
  Where the frick is everyone? NuckChorris 43 43,178 03-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Akari