Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimmable Water

How does it work? Is it a q3map2 stage keyword, or an entity? Assigning any of the shaders in "water" doesnt seem to do the trick.

Water is a shader, that you have to apply to the faces of a brush.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

"water0" has the water shader parm, but no white line in texture browser. I've applied all the shaders named water or liquid I could find, they arn't swimmable.

Try this :

Code:
textures/liquids/clear_ripple3
{
    qer_editorimage textures/water/pool3d_5e.jpg
    qer_trans 0.5
    surfaceparm trans
    surfaceparm nonsolid
    surfaceparm water
    deformVertexes wave 150.0 sin 2 5 0.25 0.1
    Q3map_TessSize 128
    cull none
    {
        map textures/water/pool3d_5e.jpg
        blendFunc add
        rgbGen vertex
    }
}

This is a default one shader coming from Nexuiz.
Change the keys that you want and remeber if you change the name of the shader to put the name inside shaderlist.txt ( you can find this file inside the scripts folder in your Xonotic/data folder ).
Hope to be usefull Smile
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

Thanks a bunch, problem solved.

NONONONO!!!
AND AGAIN NO!

Don't touch shaders coming from Xonotic/Nexuiz, because if you start distributing pk3 with these shaders, that have the same names as the original ones, it'll cause problems for all those who download it.
If you create your own shaders, feel free to use default ones as examples, but don't overwrite/modify them.
Also, for properly naming and placing your textures/shaders, here's a guideline that I strongly suggest you to follow:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=754
Also, there was a problem that was discovered lately, that the 0.1 version had some odd jpg version, that the engine could handle, but not radiant.

(01-14-2011, 07:19 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: NONONONO!!!
AND AGAIN NO!

Don't touch shaders coming from Xonotic/Nexuiz, because if you start distributing pk3 with these shaders, that have the same names as the original ones, it'll cause problems for all those who download it.
If you create your own shaders, feel free to use default ones as examples, but don't overwrite/modify them.
Also, for properly naming and placing your textures/shaders, here's a guideline that I strongly suggest you to follow:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=754
Also, there was a problem that was discovered lately, that the 0.1 version had some odd jpg version, that the engine could handle, but not radiant.

Yeah man .... 100% right.
Btw usually all mappers use to put inside shader's name his name to prevent overwriting with other shaders.
My quote was only for helping and not for making troubles. ... if i make trouble i'm sorry Sad

This is another example with no problem with overwriting original shader coming from Nexuiz/Xonotic :

Code:
textures/mappername/mappername_water
{
    qer_editorimage textures/mappername/mappername_water_editor
    qer_trans 0.5
    surfaceparm trans
    surfaceparm nonsolid
    surfaceparm water
    deformVertexes wave 150.0 sin 2 5 0.25 0.1
    Q3map_TessSize 128
    cull none
    {
        map textures/mappername/mappername_water
        blendFunc add
        rgbGen vertex
    }
}
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

No problem, this is just for testing and getting back into the groove. (done a fair few q3 engine maps prior.)

(01-14-2011, 09:20 AM)BARTUC Wrote: My quote was only for helping and not for making troubles. ... if i make trouble i'm sorry Sad

No problemo at all, I was just clarifying some things Wink

whitewolfw2, welcome to Xonotic map editing! Generally, mapping for Xonotic is a lot similar to Quake3, with some limitation and a lot more extensions over it.
If you have any questions, feel free to post it on the forum, or join the editing IRC channel on irc.quakenet.org @ #xonotic.editing !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  water world ugluck 10 9,166 01-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Last Post: theShadow