Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Translators wanted!

Updated french translation, frag messages added. Need divVerent to do some fixes so they work... CSQC fragging messages yeah.

Can help for French translation Wink

It's already good as-is... Check the file, get the Git. Angel

Updated Finnish translation. Fixed some mistranslations, typos and way too long strings.

http://ompldr.org/vN2Y5OA/menu.dat.fi.po

How about a norwegian translate? Smile

P.S: I do not know how to translate in Xonotic...

Multiplayer = Flerspillere / Online

Singleplayer = Enspiller / Offline

Settings = Innstillinger

Effects = Effekter

OMG! = Herregud!

Audio = Lyd

Misc = Diverse

Player Setup = Spiller Innstillinger

Advanced = Avansert

And More... = Og Flere...

(02-15-2011, 09:49 AM)SkyHookers Wrote: How about a norwegian translate? Smile

P.S: I do not know how to translate in Xonotic...

Multiplayer = Flerspillere / Online

Singleplayer = Enspiller / Offline

Settings = Innstillinger

Effects = Effekter

OMG! = Herregud!

Audio = Lyd

Misc = Diverse

Player Setup = Spiller Innstillinger

Advanced = Avansert

And More... = Og Flere...

Check divVerent's post from the page 1.

(01-17-2011, 10:04 AM)divVerent Wrote: For the others: the message file template is available on http://rm.endoftheinternet.org/~xonotic/...nu.dat.pot.

Tasks you have to do:
  • open the file in a UTF-8 capable editor. Best way to check is to find whether you find the text "Piñata" in the file. If you do not see it, try forcing your editor to open it as UTF-8.
  • for every filled out "msgid", fill out the "msgstr" below it with a translation
  • if there are any format string markers like %s or %d, keep them
  • when you have a preliminary version (with at least 20% translated), give it to me so I will do a test run with it

The German and French language files are already in master on git, named menu.dat.de.po and menu.dat.fr.po, respectively.

Edit: OMG! = Herregud!... Sorry dude, but I really laughed out loud (I can speak Swedish, and it's close enough to Norwegian). Big Grin
Finnish v.0.3 is here. Found (again) some odd translations and fixed them.

http://ompldr.org/vN2Zwcw/menu.dat.fi.po

updated french translation, corrected a few typos and grammatical errors
waiting for access to git or some more instruction to send the file were it belongs
The file is waiting on my HDD
also I'm newbie to git uploading so I'll have to read some more doc to feel confident with it I think... Just doesn't want to make anything wrong...
Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...

No, you do not need access and to learn. Just send a PM to divVerent, and upload the file as attachement.
Typos/grammatical? Send me a PM too Smile I wanna see.

Ok, sent PM to divVerent.
Waiting for more stuff to translate.
Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...

Oh dear god this stuff is 38 pages.
Well, I will use some of my spare time to translate it to dutch, I suppose, as I haven't seen any dutch people here yet.

Wish me luck, lol.

Edit: 38 pages, not 89. My pc is crap. lol.

Dutch is already included. Wink

(03-10-2011, 09:47 AM)Mirio Wrote: Dutch is already included. Wink
Oh, okay Sad

(01-23-2011, 02:54 PM)freefang Wrote:
(01-23-2011, 02:44 PM)mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck Wrote: If I have time, I will look if I can make a Dutch translation.

In Nederlands dus.

Actually, a Dutch translation has already been posted. Wink
It does need a few others to read to pick out the inevitable mistakes though.

(01-19-2011, 07:39 PM)freefang Wrote: Dutch/Nederlands translation:
http://ompldr.org/vNzJlaQ

It'd be nice if someone can proofread it, since I'm not fully sure about some of my translation choices.
Also credits to PinkRobot who did part of the translation.

@TheLastProject
Je kan nog wel kijken of je er wat fouten uit kan halen, heb ik al een beetje gedaan, maar het kan veel beter, gewoon in die link kijken en naar fouten zoeken. Al het grote werk is al gedaan.
Moved to Mepper

hi people, I've upload a spanish translation for my first contribution to the project (yes, I have 't got much time, for now)

Here it is http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/272
greetings
ok I realized that it is incomplete, but I will complete
Sorry for my hasty

updated, the translation is finish for the menu, tooltips and keybinds!

Finnish translation updated and sent to divVerent by his request.

i can help with the german translation if its not done
at the moment i have many time because of my clavicular facture

I want to ask one question about translating names (weapons and gamemodes)...

Currently I've translated game modes in Finnish, but added an English abbreviation in brackets after the Finnish name. So "Capture the Flag" is in Finnish "Lipunryöstö (CTF)". In some game modes I had to make up the Finnish name, because for example "Deathmatch" has no actual Finnish translation. Currently it's "Mättö (DM)" (yes, it's more like colloquial language, not linguistical language, but whatever).

However, I DID NOT translate weapon names, so "Shotgun" is still "Shotgun", not "Haulikko" etc. because it could be easier for players to communicate with same weapon names.

I'm just thinking, that should I translate all these names (weapons, game modes etc.) to Finnish or should they be in English as in the original way? Or should them be like they're now?

Please answer asap. Smile

yes i think its better to have the same names in all version or we can translate the names for all into latin

(05-07-2011, 11:08 AM)_para Wrote: yes i think its better to have the same names in all version or we can translate the names for all into latin

What do you mean by translating to latin? To language which isn't actually very known by common people and therefore every weapon could have same names without translation issues?

Hey guys. New to forums. Any way I can help with translation into Russian?

(05-11-2011, 05:16 PM)teh.f4ll3n Wrote: Hey guys. New to forums. Any way I can help with translation into Russian?

I think Russian is taken care of. But I don't know, check who have translated Russian and ask if there are untranslated strings, if any.

(05-12-2011, 04:26 AM)Exitium Wrote: I think Russian is taken care of. But I don't know, check who have translated Russian and ask if there are untranslated strings, if any.

Got in touch with Nikoli. It's not finished yet, so I'll be helping out as much as I can

I'm a spanish native speaker aswell.

Spanish from Spain, not spanish from south-america (we both really "hate" each other's accent. South americans can't stand native spanish accent, and native spanish speakers can't stand native south-american's accent).

I could even make voices for the game Big Grin

Question 
Hello. Smile
Sorry, but how can I download and install the French translation, please? Huh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] [Commission] To update Jeff's Modpack - QuakeC programmer wanted breakfast 4 4,805 07-08-2020, 12:45 PM
Last Post: breakfast
  Changes to weapon settings wanted? FruitieX 51 60,057 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Flying Steel
  In-game physics testers wanted for an actual game (apply within!) kojn^ 29 29,433 07-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Last Post: parasti