Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

If you just want to do a quick test to see if it really works better to host it yourself, you can use the "create" window in the menu, and then type sv_public 1 in the console (which you can open with shift escape). But this will be awful for your other players if your graphics aren't smooth. Then, consider hosting a dedicated server. It's slightly more complicated but it's also more efficient.

Dude... Seriously. I just love pixie dust.

Woa. He's asking about the specific server. Next time he'll know he has to ask for this one server that has this special particularity that nobody shall mention.

EDIT: I just think it's silly to randomly direct unjustified anger at him when all the valid reasons are out there for you to respond to. Not that you should, either.

Pretty obvious it was MikeUSA.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I'm aware of this, and I was aware of this in the previous post as well.

... however the rifle uses mg amo (rare)
the nex uses electric ammo (not rare)

mixing the guns into one (or inducing a fifth ammo type)
would break maps

also also rifle secondary is awesome ... i gives people who cant aim(me) a chance to land shots with it
also the rifle has wall piercing

And another queston Angel

I recorded a demo and xonotic saved it in C:\User\USERNAME\Saved Games\xonotic\data\

I must replay the demo to record it usig fraps (I can't find any softeware than convert .dem in .mp4 or .avi). When i open the "Demo Tap" in Xonotic menu I can't find the file I recorded in the list. Why?

Thanks and sorry for bad english again

The demo tab looks in xonotic\data\demos. Put the demo file in there.

There is also an integrated avi converter in Xonotic. Just start the demo and bind two keys to "cl_capturevideo 1" and "cl_capturevideo 0". You then can record the videos with the two binded keys. The output videofile is located in xonotic/data/videos/. Depending on how you configured the quality (-> Advanced Settings) of the video the file can be very big (some Gb).

(04-20-2012, 10:56 PM)hutty Wrote: (or inducing a fifth ammo type)
would break maps
What? I don't see how. Honestly, that sounds like an easy enough problem to fix, and a terrible reason to not improve upon the game balance. I'm sure it would take all of 2 minutes to add another ammo type to a map. And if adding another ammo type into the game is too much of a chore, then make the shotgun share the rifle/mg ammo, and give the nex ammo that slot.

This is the beta, right? This would be the time to do these things. I don't know anything about map making, but if everyone commits to the idea of giving the nex it's own ammo, I will learn the basics of it and personally go into every official map and every popular unofficial 1v1 map and add the nex ammo.

Samual is working on this, afaik. The nex ammo will be split up, and a lot of other things will change.

But at least for now I'd love to see this models ingame, it's awesome Smile

(04-22-2012, 02:26 PM)Mepper Wrote: Samual is working on this, afaik. The nex ammo will be split up, and a lot of other things will change.

But at least for now I'd love to see this models ingame, it's awesome Smile

Excellent! I was starting to hate the nex sharing cell ammo anyway especially in duels where I'd like to use the electro, but don't for fear of wasting my precious nex ammo.

How come Lee Vermeulen is such an asshole? Serious question. How come?

(04-29-2012, 03:51 PM)nomnomnomeh Wrote: How come Lee Vermeulen is such an asshole? Serious question. How come?

That happens to some people. I have no idea how much of an asshole he is. Why would you care so much?

(04-29-2012, 11:20 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 03:51 PM)nomnomnomeh Wrote: How come Lee Vermeulen is such an asshole? Serious question. How come?

That happens to some people. I have no idea how much of an asshole he is. Why would you care so much?

I just found it sort of silly for him to come back and do all of that so I was just curious why he is such an asshole.

How do you know he's an asshole? Do you know him personally?

I'm always fond of people that make up general opinions that are globally applicable out of isolated information shrapnels. ;o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(04-30-2012, 12:34 AM)Halogene Wrote: How do you know he's an asshole? Do you know him personally?

I'm always fond of people that make up general opinions that are globally applicable out of isolated information shrapnels. ;o)

For what he did, that is all I need to know, to know that he is an asshole. Is that a problem to have one important piece of information about someone to note him as an asshole? Also, does it really matter? lol

I was going to write a lengthy response to this but this would be really off topic and boring. Big Grin
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(04-30-2012, 12:52 AM)nomnomnomeh Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 12:34 AM)Halogene Wrote: How do you know he's an asshole? Do you know him personally?

For what he did, that is all I need to know, to know that he is an asshole. Is that a problem to have one important piece of information about someone to note him as an asshole? Also, does it really matter? lol

Yes, it matters, because you offend him in public, which is VERY unpleasent. If you don't give us a reasonable poof, it stays just a trolling and talking behind someone's back which for me is unacceptable and I find it very unkind. If you have anything against that person, talk to him personally. The way you do it isn't the way you should realy do it.
Reconsider.

@nomnomnomeh: I think you should read the FAQ http://www.xonotic.org/the-game/faq/#Do_...r_Illfonic for the official Xonotic-team stance on this issue.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

To play devil's advocate for a second... What Lee Vermeulen did was fulfill his goals for Nexuiz. He meant for it to become a commercial product, and so it is now. The way it got there is more than questionable, and to qualify him as an asshole because of the handling of the situation is a bit too easy. I don't like what he did to Nexuiz, at all. But he wasn't the only person responsible for this, and he did what he had always meant to do.

EDIT: Sorry about that tZork, I sometimes don't pay much attention to the thread I'm posting in :X

Enough! This is "Ask your questions about Xonotic here", not "Ask your questions about Lee Vermeulen here".

Licensing nexuiz to illfonic was probably the best thing that could have happened. Seriously.

No

Ok, lets stop this discussion. It doesn´t help it.

I´ve got a serious question now:

Xonotic does use both GPL v3 and GPL v2 licenses but technically that doesn´t work because they are incompatible. So... how? How does it work now?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,702 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,228 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,437 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,088 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 35,160 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,908 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,546 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,190 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,746 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,715 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin