Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

If I try to disable bunny hopping and bind mouse scroll down and up to jump it wouldn't work. (Players who play Steam Games are very use to mouse scroll to bunny hop)

And for Linux OS: ~/.xonotic/data/ or ~/xonotic/data (Depends)

How can you use mouse scroll for bunny hopping? Do you mean pressing the scroll wheel? I can't see how jumping by actually scrolling the wheel could be a playable setup at all.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Even clicking the scroll wheel sounds like a slow way to jump if you're not holding it (which would make things more awkward in a FPS with primary and secondary attack modes).
That said, what you need to do is set the following cvar:
cl_movement_track_canjump 1

Scrolling doesn't actually count as a button like most; there's no release action. To make something like jumping work by scrolling, you would probably need a script to automatically un-press the jump button after half a second or so.
Maybe this would work:
alias touch_jump "+jump; defer 0.2 -jump"
bind MWHEELUP touch_jump
[Image: 230.png]

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive...heel_give/

Read this. Apparently, to some people, jumping isn't important enough if an action to have it on one of most accessible key.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Apparently it is used for easier timing of the jumps. When it depends on when to re-press the jump key so you immediately jump again upon landing, it could sort of make sense as the mouse wheel sends several commands in a row so you are more likely to hit the best spot. With Xonotic, this doesn't really make sense apart from being so terribly used to this that you don't want to change. Firstly, if you keep jump pressed, you will automatically re-jump when you land, and secondly, even if you disable this behavior for whatever reason (artificial handicap?), you will still re-jump at the earliest occasion if you press the jump key before landing again.

So, if you got so used to using the mouse wheel for jumping, sure, try Mario's advice.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

It's only a thing in games like CS 1.6/Source/GO and iirc TF2 too. It's all due to Valve and their efforts to prevent bunnyhopping, which just ended up being pointlessly hard and script/macro tempting.

Question 
Xonotic.org was down for a bit yesterday and the day before.
Checked there Twitter account and couldn't find anything.
What happened?

It was down.

(05-27-2016, 08:17 AM)Mirio Wrote: It was down.
maintenance?
okBig Grin

and then it was up.

[Image: 62200.png]

When Xonotic is finally ported to the Daemon engine, will it retain compatibility with demos from older versions/classic nexuiz? There's a good chance that the darkplaces engine will die out once xonotic switches engines, and in a few years from now, darkplaces might not be able to be compiled on newer systems...

Will Xonotic ever have viewmodel_fov, and x, y, z? Difference between fov and viewmodel_fov, viewmodel_fov is your weapon and not your fov.

Trying to get in contact with a player named zkutch. He was from Georgia and mostly played vehicle servers.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Having now switched from Nexuiz and played Xonotic for a couple weeks I notice the players appear tiny and hard to see.
My accuracy is horrible because I'm having a hard time seeing the players.

Switching back to Nexuiz I can see the players fine and accuracy is great.

Is there settings to adjust player size or brighten the color?

I'm also not liking the chain hook. I much prefer the hook line from Nexuiz. Is that able to be changed?

I think the player models seem smaller before of increased FoV. Anyway, you can go into player model setting settings, set your model to Mega Erebus, and set it to a bright colour. After that, tick the Force platter models and Force Colours to make opponents more visible.

If you go into the old Nexuiz files and find the old hook texture, you can pack it into a zip, with mimicking the file structure. Now name this archive zzzOldHook.pk3 and place it into your personal data directory. Of you did everything right, you will get the old hook texture into xonotic. And make r your first xonotic mod.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Force Mega Erebus and find yourself some of the fullbright skins. That should help a lot.
[Image: 38443.png]

Dunno about Nexiuz, but Xon models do actually appear to be smaller than Quake models. A few of the ported maps (CPM15, Lun3DM4) have a number of impossible jumps because your character is too short and can't jump high enough. Makes me feel like a smurf
I don't have any more trouble hitting people than I do in Q3 though

Try a lower resolution. I play at 800x600
[Image: 38443.png]

So funny to read that ppl who didnt know exactly what they talking about. just for test, unpack any map from pak0.dat(cant remember exact name of q1 file). and try to run it inside xonotic or nexuiz. and, surprize, u`ll find what map about 2 times smaller than you. all these map errors happens after wrong scale parameter using.

(08-31-2016, 07:05 AM)axisar Wrote: So funny to read that ppl who didnt know exactly what they talking about. just for test, unpack any map from pak0.dat(cant remember exact name of q1 file). and try to run it inside xonotic or nexuiz. and, surprize, u`ll find what map about 2 times smaller than you. all these map errors happens after wrong scale parameter using.
I don't see why it's funny when I've been playing for a month tops. Additionally, that honestly means that the porting process for a lot of these maps is worse than I thought, as there are a number of rampjumps that should work in Xon, but don't because of how the map is scaled. Not scaling the map at all would provide a more functional play experience than what currently exists on .co, unless there's some other factor I'm missing
I was referring to Q3 though, not Q1
Additionally, is Xonotic jump height super short then? It doesn't seem to be a jump length/speed thing because I can easily do the RA jump in CPM22, but CPM23's ramp jumps are pretty much the perfect height, which they also obviously are in the game they were designed for. Maybe it has to do with how Xon deals with ramps vs CPM?

q3 to nexuiz|xonotic should be scaled up to ~1.3. its not so hard to port maps from q3. for example Gnom`s q3 server have a lot of q3 maps. and its done with porting scripts.

I want to play Xonotic Invasion mode with my friends, but could not find any decent maps (by level design means). Could someone help me to find ones?

Invasion seems to be unpopular among players nor among mappers. It's hard to find maps and servers. I would run my own server, but first I want to know if there are good maps to put on it.

Invasion is an incomplete and partially hidden (at least, from the menu) mode, that will hopefully receive some larger scale updates when the new monster models from the community fundraiser are included.

There are a few maps available, but their quality varies:
http://dl.xonotic.co/crossfire_02.pk3
http://dl.xonotic.co/themines-v3.pk3
http://dl.xonotic.co/tinyhuge_v1.pk3
http://dl.xonotic.co/miniman_invasion.pk3
http://dl.xonotic.co/rocketarena_xon_v1r2.pk3
http://dl.xonotic.co/dam_a1.pk3
http://dl.xonotic.co/zulula_invasion_fixed.pk3
[Image: 230.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,633 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,182 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,397 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,008 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,835 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,126 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,477 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,135 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,688 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,672 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin