Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

when it comes to using built-in xonotic tools for recording in-game stuff you may want to read those articles:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=916
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...emo_Camera

oh, you were asking about it generally? Not specifically for xonotic? If so, nevermind me...
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(11-20-2011, 12:00 PM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: when it comes to using built-in xonotic tools for recording in-game stuff you may want to read those articles:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=916
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...emo_Camera

oh, you were asking about it generally? Not specifically for xonotic? If so, nevermind me...

Thx Big Grin they were very helpful!

Hi guys again, I just wonder how I do demos. I also wondering if someone want to share some cool demos with me so I can capture it and train a bit on editing Big Grin, cyu on the public servers Big Grin

Oi,
by typing "record" in the console you start recording your demo (to finish recording, type in: "stop"). You can also go to the Demo menu and check the Autorecord feature. This way Xonotic will automatically record a demo for every game you play.

[Image: recordingdemosjaebf.png]

You might find some intresting demos in the Xonotic Duel Tournament Thread.

thx man, this was the right the stuff i wanted to know, this is soo awsome, im gonna make an awesome frag movie(ok, well, dont expect to much) XONOTIC FTW!

Any idea on when the next official release will be out? Or maybe just a estimate?

Sorry for sounding rude, I'm just curious Rolleyes
[Image: sigdammit2.png]

when it's done Smile
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I expect it in 2-3 weeks, but definately in February!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(02-03-2012, 01:12 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: I expect it in 2-3 weeks, but definately in February!
Good to know, thanks! Smile
[Image: sigdammit2.png]

1) Why does Xonotic have superior graphics than Nexuiz even though they both use Darkplaces?

2) Why doesn't Xonotic have a Link Gun alt fire style weapon?

3) Could we have shock rifle alt ball included in Xonotic Sad?

1) It has more high-res textures, higher definition models, and both of these are of better quality in general.

2) No idea what a link gun is, I'll let others answer that.

3) Same thing. Feel free to post in the suggestions forum, but be aware that there is an ongoing discussion on weapons already and it's kind of difficult to make plans in parallel for the weapon system. One thing at a time Smile

As to 2): there is a weapon that will provide a link gun alt fire style fire mode, it will be called the arc gun and will be available from release of 0.6 (that will happen this month very likely).

As to 3): well, this isn't unreal tournament, so we don't have all the cool stuff that UT has. We also don't have all the cool stuff that quake has. But neither Quake nor UT have all the cool stuff we have Tongue
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(02-09-2012, 04:40 AM)Halogene Wrote: As to 2): there is a weapon that will provide a link gun alt fire style fire mode, it will be called the arc gun and will be available from release of 0.6 (that will happen this month very likely).

The arc gun (or whatever it will be called) is NOT going to be in 0.6, it will be for a later release (read: nobody had time to work on it, but it is still in the plans).

Quote:3) Could we have shock rifle alt ball included in Xonotic Sad?

What exactly do you mean?

If you mean shock combos, you can do them with electro, but it works somewhat different, so you may want to experiment on your own.

If you mean it as standalone weapon, actually electro primary has many properties of this mode (projectile, blast radius, travels straight, moderate ROF)

(02-09-2012, 04:51 AM)nifrek Wrote:
(02-09-2012, 04:40 AM)Halogene Wrote: As to 2): there is a weapon that will provide a link gun alt fire style fire mode, it will be called the arc gun and will be available from release of 0.6 (that will happen this month very likely).

The arc gun (or whatever it will be called) is NOT going to be in 0.6, it will be for a later release (read: nobody had time to work on it, but it is still in the plans).

Oh, I thought Samual wanted to finish that for 0.6 and that was one of the items that delayed the release? Well, I might have missed something, plans might have changed.
My Xonstats Profile

Also I should note too people here not aware, that the linkgun in UT2003/UT2004 does just that, it allows you too link up with team-mate's who also are using the link gun. So your team-mate is using the linkgun beam, you fire your beam at him and it then increases his power output (can't remember by how much), and you could have more then one person, I think 3 or 4 gave the max power output. Was something like upto a max or 2.5 or 3x damage with 2/3 linkers. And yes, it is incredibly fun, had a few times in TDM clan games, where linked up with 2 of my clan-mates + damage amplifier = WIN (instant death virtually!) Big Grin. Also when you link up in those games, the beam get's thicker that the main player is firing, and I also think when guys are linked up the beam colour changes also depending upon how many are linked up.

So if anyone is not aware, that's what the linkgun also allowed, so it had primary, secondary firemodes and then the linking up also, so that basically gave it 3 possible modes and 2 firing modes Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Oh, yes, UT2004 link gun linking was indeed interesting.
My Xonstats Profile

(02-09-2012, 05:05 AM)rafallus Wrote:
Quote:3) Could we have shock rifle alt ball included in Xonotic Sad?

What exactly do you mean?

If you mean shock combos, you can do them with electro, but it works somewhat different, so you may want to experiment on your own.

If you mean it as standalone weapon, actually electro primary has many properties of this mode (projectile, blast radius, travels straight, moderate ROF)

I'm not very good with names, which gun is the electro? But yeah I meant shock combos.

And thanks for replying to the other question guys Big Grin

Hi, my mouse is broken and I've been off nexuiz/xonotic for the past few weeks, are things picking up?
bye / bad luck and have boredom

still too few players Sad

hopefully more now that some major servers are starting to push away from nexuiz and all.

Depends where you live. US servers are usually empty, but if you idle and play against bots while waiting, people tend to join quickly once they see at least 2 people playing.

Euro servers always seem to have someone on, but I don't like playing on there b/c I don't like getting my ass kicked by germans Sad

Lag is to high for me on Europe servers... its even too high on some US servers too. (im in Wisconsin)

as for players ... it really depends on the day... tonight for example was dead... but sometimes there are people...

and what loafers said about idleing is correct

Atm its quite easy to get some duel/dm matches gooing.(EU)I really enjoy playing xonotic atm.

That´s right. On the EU servers are mostly some guys, it´s getting slighty more.
(02-11-2012, 12:43 AM)Loafers Wrote: but I don't like playing on there b/c I don't like getting my ass kicked by germans Sad
What´s wrong with Germans?Dodgy

Germans kick ass, it seems, so I'm not sure there's something wrong with them...
My Xonstats Profile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,597 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,160 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,370 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 7,965 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,709 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 152,808 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,426 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,090 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,648 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,647 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin