Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

You can execute the xonotic executable. The one with "sdl" will use the sdl framework, not sure if that's any benefit under Windows, I didn't even know there was an sdl executable for Windows. The "dedicated" one will obviously start a dedicated server.

Not sure you can enable 2D pickups...
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Viddaric, I pushed a feature request on the tracker: http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/1128

MCG: there's no 2d sprite model replacements, but that's a super cool idea, it could help performance too!

Quote:I get stuck on level 21, and on the menu, it says it's a runematch.

Either edit data/data/campaign.cfg to skip it or download autobuild (which has it removed - downloader is in misc/tools/rsync-updater).

Is there a way to download most of the Xonotic community made maps? I need to redowmload them since my laptop died.

Check your pms, it's quite big (~2.2gb) and posting a public link would probably eat all my servers traffic.

Warsow have their own community map pack. I think Xonotic should have one too. It could have an autobuild updater script with it as well. What do you think?

http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/?n

Won't do?

That would be good if someone is able to host both the bandwidth and CPU time needed to rebuild such a massive ZIP on a weekly basis.

Something that would be a gopod start would be having a script to build nice, clean, compact PK3 files with everything in the right place and warnings given for missing files. This could reduce the size of many standard maps and make things easier for map authors. It would then just be a simple extension of this to make one great big PK3 of everything.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Wait for 1.0 before making a pack, I'd say. The textures, shaders etc are bound to change until then. Compatibility won't last long.

1) What are the official duel maps?
2) Is there a duel game mode or do I just create a dm server with 2 slots?

(03-27-2012, 01:23 AM)Loafers Wrote: 1) What are the official duel maps?
Stormkeep, Darkzone, Xoylent, Drain

(03-27-2012, 01:23 AM)Loafers Wrote: 2) Is there a duel game mode or do I just create a dm server with 2 slots?
If it's gonna be used for competitive play, you should exec balanceXPM.cfg in your server config to load competitive settings.
You can use my config template which includes a couple of useful settings for a duel server: http://88.198.17.137/_files/Config%27s/S...r-duel.cfg
Also, some custom 1v1 maps might be appreciated by your players: http://88.198.17.137/_files/Maps/1v1/

Hi!

I'm looking to play duel with some mates in public servers, is there a way to call a vote to change an empty dm server to duel settings? Thanks.

(03-27-2012, 02:33 AM)asy7um Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 01:23 AM)Loafers Wrote: 1) What are the official duel maps?
..., Xoylent, ...
Heart

(03-27-2012, 02:39 AM)MonoXideAtWork Wrote: Hi!

I'm looking to play duel with some mates in public servers, is there a way to call a vote to change an empty dm server to duel settings? Thanks.

I would recommend you to use any public 1on1 server for this. If you meet someone in dm that you want to duel, you can ask him to connect to a dedicated duel server. I know of a couple of duel servers hosted by asyyy in Europe, not sure about what location you are from.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Thanks asy7um for the script. How does this look for a 3 player duel server with 1 reserved for spectator? The whole bot thing was a bit confusing. I left it as default initially but when I joined nobody else could join, so I think I fixed it, but I'm not sure since I have nobody to test it with me.

You can set
Code:
bot_number 0
minplayers 2
Then bots are added until 2 slots are full.

i was wondering what the cosole commands are for changing resolution. my friend told me the other day but it has slipped my mind. i have another friend who has recently downloaded the game and his resolution is so high that he can not change it in the menu. any help would be greatly appreciated.

vid_width and vid_height
Also change vid_conwidth and vid_conheight to match the width/height ratio, to your liking. This manages the 2d resolution for menus.

(03-29-2012, 12:32 AM)Loafers Wrote: Thanks asy7um for the script. How does this look for a 3 player duel server with 1 reserved for spectator? The whole bot thing was a bit confusing. I left it as default initially but when I joined nobody else could join, so I think I fixed it, but I'm not sure since I have nobody to test it with me.

maxplayers 3 //sets server slots
g_maxplayers 2 //sets allowed amount of players; in duel that's 2

(04-01-2012, 03:33 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: vid_width and vid_height
Also change vid_conwidth and vid_conheight to match the width/height ratio, to your liking. This manages the 2d resolution for menus.

Thanks, now another can enter the fray! lol

(04-01-2012, 11:13 AM)Triaxen Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 03:33 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: vid_width and vid_height

Thanks, now another can enter the fray! lol

Actually, he was just on and we tried to get his settings right. no matter what resolution he went to, it was not showing the full screen. Kinda makes me think his TV was set to zoom in. I don't know, I told him to make a thread but he said he was just goindg to stick to UT99 and Quake. Too bad.

How does it look when windowed?

Haven't played with sound in a long time so I can't remember if there is a quake announcer pack. If no, why not?

Because legally you can't just rip media from another game and use it in your own, unless the license allows it.

(04-05-2012, 06:36 AM)asy7um Wrote: Because legally you can't just rip media from another game and use it in your own, unless the license allows it.

Ah I see. I always imagined the perennial "MONSTERKILL" and similar sound bytes were in the public domain by now since so many people use it. Too bad Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,626 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,176 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,390 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 7,999 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,821 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,090 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,455 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,127 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,686 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,671 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin