Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

now that we go on about desired average aim.. my avg nex aim is 42. something I consider bad myself... however what would be the desired aim with other weapons?

I seem to consistantly get very bad aim with projectile weapons like the rocket laucher, mortart, electro etc.
Somthing like 20 seems to be the most I ever get
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

(02-21-2013, 04:13 PM)kammy Wrote: now that we go on about desired average aim.. my avg nex aim is 42. something I consider bad myself... however what would be the desired aim with other weapons?

I seem to consistantly get very bad aim with projectile weapons like the rocket laucher, mortart, electro etc.
Somthing like 20 seems to be the most I ever get

I would think that MOST splash damage/projectile weapons by nature have a much bigger damage radius. Therefore, you would have a much higher avg. aim for these weapons, no?
However: we also use many of these weapons for spamming, and blocking hallways/corridors, to prevent a player from going there.

But since you are not actually hitting anything but the ground/wall when you do so, this will drastically lower your aim with these kind of weapons.

And there is no real way for the game to differentiate between when you are aiming at a person and missing, or just spamming - so your accuracy would be lower.

(Or is it that xon only counts direct projectile hits in accuracy ratings?)

edit: spelling

There is no accuracy measurement for splash damage weapons, what is measured is "damage efficiency", of which you would only get 100% if you made maximum damage all the time (i.e. direct hit instead of splash).

Oops... did not phrase my question correctly.
I meant to say:

XonStats says my avg. dam efficiency with rocket launcher is 60%.
However I don't recall ever getting over 20% in game with the rocket. Is this intentional?
Or does XonStats measure damage differently than the game does?
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

Oh. I have no idea. XonStat doesn't measure accuracy per se, though, it gets an accuracy measurement from the server. Maybe that's transformed somewhere, compared to what you see on your HUD?

Accuracy != Damage effeiciency!

(02-22-2013, 08:01 AM)Mirio Wrote: Accuracy != Damage effeiciency!

Who is that addressed to? We understand that. What is the number reported in game for splash damage weapons if it's lower than the damage efficiency in XonStat?

To Kammy.

In game it shows the Damage %.

What does XonStat show if it's not the damage %? Or does "damage %" mean how much of the total damage you dealt was made with the RL?

Alright, in game you see the Damage % (under the scoreboard).

[Image: dmgper.jpg]

But the graph on your profile shows the Damage Efficiency, which is not a percentage number. It's the plain damage you deal.

when will there be a new update to this game?
Don't just live life with work.
Find some time every day to have some fun. Wink

(04-12-2013, 07:08 AM)Chomps123 Wrote: when will there be a new update to this game?

As a team leader for my own game project, questions like these can get annoying.

Minor updates happen all the time if you use the autobuild version (or GIT) but if you want the next release I'd probably wait a few months, good things come to those who wait.

I really love the cartoon effect that appears when the super damage powerup is picked up. Is there any way to permanently enable this, or any other effect that is not listed in the options? Thanks.

The cartoon Strenght effect seems to appear only on some maps, how does that work?
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

I honestly have no idea how the program uses the effects, but I think the map I was playing on when I discovered it was Stormkeep. Does anyone know how this effect (are there more such effects?) could be turned on/off manually?

2 PlakRast: We have got Psyko effects, you know...
... ... ...
...under Video in options...

You mean the quad damage as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nx06ODQo0Q ?

Do you want your enemies or yourself to look like this?
[Image: 11878.png]

I'm afraid I can't find what you mean by Psyko effects. There are options for contrast, saturation, etc. if that's what you mean. However, there's an amazing outlining effect in Stormkeep when I pick up the quad powerup, which seems to include both the effect in the video posted above and a cartoon filter. I'll take a screenshot and post it here, if you want.

Here are some screenshots of the effect I'm talking about.

Before picking up the strength powerup:
http://s4.postimg.org/7o4518kf1/xonotic_...23_182.png

After picking it up, in chronological order:
http://s4.postimg.org/vt4uiy4pp/xonotic_...33_430.png
http://s4.postimg.org/3uaos3331/xonotic_...38_229.png
http://s4.postimg.org/utejn8pjx/xonotic_...44_914.png
http://s4.postimg.org/7zlle00v1/xonotic_...54_294.png

The last image of those is slightly less pronounced because the powerup was wearing off. So, is there a way to permanently enable this awesome effect? Anyone?

(04-13-2013, 05:53 PM)PlakRast Wrote: I'm afraid I can't find what you mean by Psyko effects.

You can activate this on the console with:
Code:
v_psycho 1

It's not useful but is fun perhaps.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

There is also a sister of Psycho namd trippy verticles, And that one actualyis more useful.

PS liike your sig, edh.

Thanks for the command, although insane flashing colors is not what I was looking for, as you probably knew anyway. Is that the only effect? Also, how is the other command mentioned below used?

Hello ! , I'm new here and I have a question , At day i can see servers with people playing but when the night come there is no servers to play ALL server are 0/16 ... why is this happening ?

People sleep.

In which timezone are you located?

America... Yeah, most playerbase is located in Europe, and people play in the evening, 18-21 hours, subtract five - you get 13-16 in your timezone. And at night... people, as Mr. Bougo said, sleep.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,631 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,178 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,394 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,001 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,829 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,090 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,455 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,131 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,687 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,672 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin