Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

You can also check out the per weapon-box and have the same crosshair for every weapon with the custom option.

Lol I thought per weapon were default settings just for every weapon. Good to know, thanks!

(07-06-2018, 05:06 AM)_para Wrote: Lol I thought per weapon were default settings just for every weapon. Good to know, thanks!

That i do know. But sadly there doesn't seem to be a way to edit only one specific weapons crosshair.
I'd like to keep the different crosshairs, i just would like to edit the Instagib Crosshair because thats the only one i have trouble with.

You can override the individual crosshair with a local image file:
<config folder>/data/gfx/crosshairminstanex.tga

Existing crosshairs can be copied from the Git repository.

I used to override the game files directly but then I got an arrow to the knee.
Didn't know the config folder can be used that way so my crosshair would've persisted when 'upgrading' to autobuild.

By the way there's always this annoying watermark for autobuild as if I didn't know what I downloaded. I disabled it once via console but it keeps coming back. Is there a permanent way?

Or is there a noob guide to getting the latest git for windows? I tried compiling it with visual studio but it lacks some linux specific headers and stuff. And I don't know how to make mingw work with VS. Also I got no clue about using gmqcc. I mean I could edit c code but compiling with a ton of dependencies gives me headache.

You can turn off the watermark by adding the following line to <config folder>/data/autoexec.cfg:

Code:
set menu_watermark ""

Simply create a new text file if it doesn't exist yet.

I believe you want to put the watermark config setting into the autoexec.cfg instead of the regular one (config.cfg).
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(07-09-2018, 11:14 AM)Antibody Wrote: I believe you want to put the watermark config setting into the autoexec.cfg instead of the regular one (config.cfg).
You are right. It works fine with the Git version, but the regular release removes the setting from config.cfg again.
Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the update! For now 'seta' works perfectly. Wink

As Antibody said, if you want it to stay, put it in autoexec.cfg (create the file if it doesn't exist yet - same dir as config.cfg). It's usually not a good idea to edit config.cfg manually. The stuff will get overwritten because xon's config system is dumb and doesn't handle defaults properly in many cases.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

I'm trying to setup a Minsta server for lan. However it seems like the hook is slower than it is on most online servers. Something  just feels "off".
Also how do i setup my Server so that playermodels and glowcolors for everyone?  I know that you can force it via playersettings but i want the server to force it to everyone playing on the server.

Hi. I just downloaded this game and played the bot match a bit. Im really liking the movement system here.

But is there anyway to fine tune the sensitivity?

1.2 is a bit low for me and 1.4 is a bit high . I cant seem to set it to 1.3 which would be probably my perfect sens. I know im a bit picky but ive been playin with the same sense in every game for the last year or so. So i really need the sens to be perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Open the console (SHIFT+ESC) and type `sensitivity 1.3`, then ENTER and ESC to close it.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

I have a question for you guys...
Is there any way (e.g., a command line parameter) which allows me to change the default configuration folder location from ~/.xonotic on Linux or "C:\Users\<your_user_name>\Saved Games\xonotic" to any other location of my choosing?

Hi, I would like to add a donation link for Xonotic to my websites so people who like to can help the project out. Does Xonotic have a paypal address? You never know when someone has a beer to spare Smile

Marisa
--- https://BattleGrrls.GamePlayer.club - All-female Xonotic clan
--- https://sourceforge.net/projects/xonotic-utilities/ - My suite of utilities for Linux server operators

Hi everyone..
I started playing xonotic on and off a few years ago but now I'm really getting into it. I beat the bots on unhuman level most of the time. Big Grin
However, I haven't figured out where to check my player stats.. my nickname isn't listed on stats.xonotic.org.

First you need to make sure that you actually enable stats tracking in the client. It's in the profile menu. Maybe you deactivated this on initial start and setup?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Due to the decentralized organization structure of the Xonotic team there is no paypal account associated with Xonotic. We do collect donations occasionally though for payment of professional assets such as models. I am not aware of any current call for donations.

Another way to contribute financially is to donate to tournament prize pools - if there is no ongoing tournament, start one :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Just want to make sure that you actually played against other human players on public (or registered) servers -- that's the only way the stats info is collected.

(09-21-2018, 03:25 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: Just want to make sure that you actually played against other human players on public (or registered) servers -- that's the only way the stats info is collected.

oh... yeah. that must be it. Because there are't any servers in my  part of the world, it's almost impossible to find people to play with.  :Sad
So I've only been playing with the bots. Hopefully, I'll be able to set up my own server and get a few friends playing.

So, just to be sure, there's no way to check how , for example, my accuracy improved over time, how much time I've spend playing etc?

If you've only been playing on local servers versus bots, then no. Generally speaking, statistics are only collected for matches between two or more human players.

(09-24-2018, 08:49 AM)Antibody Wrote: If you've only been playing on local servers versus bots, then no. Generally speaking, statistics are only collected for matches between two or more human players.

Except for CTS games where it's now done for single player games (which some players complained about, cause it allows to farm win/lose rate by playing single player cts games).

@morosophos - another example where you're "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

(09-22-2018, 12:13 PM)ibba3 Wrote: oh... yeah. that must be it. Because there are't any servers in my  part of the world, it's almost impossible to find people to play with.  :Sad
So I've only been playing with the bots. Hopefully, I'll be able to set up my own server and get a few friends playing.

What part of the world are you in? Maybe i could start a server for you...
--- https://BattleGrrls.GamePlayer.club - All-female Xonotic clan
--- https://sourceforge.net/projects/xonotic-utilities/ - My suite of utilities for Linux server operators

So I was playing around with the themes and stumbled across the "noval" theme. I look near the bottom of the main page to change it, but the "change theme" list isn't there. So.... how do I change the theme?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,626 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,175 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,390 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 7,999 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,821 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,088 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,455 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,123 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,686 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,671 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin