Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

As Antibody said, if you want it to stay, put it in autoexec.cfg (create the file if it doesn't exist yet - same dir as config.cfg). It's usually not a good idea to edit config.cfg manually. The stuff will get overwritten because xon's config system is dumb and doesn't handle defaults properly in many cases.
[Image: 30381.png]

I'm trying to setup a Minsta server for lan. However it seems like the hook is slower than it is on most online servers. Something  just feels "off".
Also how do i setup my Server so that playermodels and glowcolors for everyone?  I know that you can force it via playersettings but i want the server to force it to everyone playing on the server.

I have discussed default hook speed with another developers and Mario said that there is a strong opposition on the forums for any default speed change. I'd love for that opposition to materialize and provide arguments.

I think there is consensus that Instagib should become a ruleset. That would allow it not to share hook speed with vanilla.

Hi. I just downloaded this game and played the bot match a bit. Im really liking the movement system here.

But is there anyway to fine tune the sensitivity?

1.2 is a bit low for me and 1.4 is a bit high . I cant seem to set it to 1.3 which would be probably my perfect sens. I know im a bit picky but ive been playin with the same sense in every game for the last year or so. So i really need the sens to be perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Open the console (SHIFT+ESC) and type `sensitivity 1.3`, then ENTER and ESC to close it.
[Image: 30381.png]

I have a question for you guys...
Is there any way (e.g., a command line parameter) which allows me to change the default configuration folder location from ~/.xonotic on Linux or "C:\Users\<your_user_name>\Saved Games\xonotic" to any other location of my choosing?

(09-07-2018, 06:14 PM)petersaints Wrote: I have a question for you guys...
Is there any way (e.g., a command line parameter) which allows me to change the default configuration folder location from ~/.xonotic on Linux or "C:\Users\<your_user_name>\Saved Games\xonotic" to any other location of my choosing?

-userdir

I use it to have a different directory for dedicated server.

So I was playing around with the themes and stumbled across the "noval" theme. I look near the bottom of the main page to change it, but the "change theme" list isn't there. So.... how do I change the theme?

It should be possible to change the forum theme in your user control panel:

User CP (top right) -> Your Profile (left) -> Edit Options -> Other Options

It worked for me, thanks!

I have several questions:

1) Is there a way to create a message with last killer/victim name (Something like "Nice shot, <lastkillername>")?
2) I can't brag about quality of my connection most of the time, so lags/warping on my side are quite common. In other games (e.x. warsow) I can notice them on environment events (like other players movement) or from other players complaints, but here even my movement visual representation suffers from this lags, similar to low and changeable framerate. Can I change this behavior?
3) I want to increase vortex beam trail time, but afaik it can't be done via editing config. Is there another way to change it?
[Image: 101513.png]

I can only answer to your first question:
I wrote a console message interactive script which you can modify to react to the console messages.
https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.ph...2#pid83692
You can write it so it watches kill messages, and issues say commands.
However, when it's all automatic, it isn't very interesting. (Says the guy who automatically says GG at the end of each game.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Xonotic - a few questions Soniee 10 5,616 02-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Antibody