Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

It should be possible to change the forum theme in your user control panel:

User CP (top right) -> Your Profile (left) -> Edit Options -> Other Options

It worked for me, thanks!

I have several questions:

1) Is there a way to create a message with last killer/victim name (Something like "Nice shot, <lastkillername>")?
2) I can't brag about quality of my connection most of the time, so lags/warping on my side are quite common. In other games (e.x. warsow) I can notice them on environment events (like other players movement) or from other players complaints, but here even my movement visual representation suffers from this lags, similar to low and changeable framerate. Can I change this behavior?
3) I want to increase vortex beam trail time, but afaik it can't be done via editing config. Is there another way to change it?
[Image: 101513.jpg]

I can only answer to your first question:
I wrote a console message interactive script which you can modify to react to the console messages.
https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.ph...2#pid83692
You can write it so it watches kill messages, and issues say commands.
However, when it's all automatic, it isn't very interesting. (Says the guy who automatically says GG at the end of each game.)

@Edgray

I got some movie configs from Kojn couple years ago and he gave me an effectinfo.txt file in where you can supposedly change bunch of visual stuff, like a clearer mortar trail, thicker and longer vortex trail and so on. Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk5phob5e83b5c...o.txt?dl=0

I don't know if it's become obsolete and I haven't bothered to learn how all the variables work there, but take a look if you wanna try cracking it yourself. It should work if you put the .txt file in same folder as your config. If not, then something has changed.

That effectinfo file looks outdated. If you wanna make changes, you can start from this one but again, if you don't update it regularly, it will get outdated eventually. Not sure if there's a way to override only specific effects (so others would get updated with the game). In general you can override any file from the game data by putting a modified version into your config directory under the same path (usually under data and sometimes more subdirs).

It would be great if players who enhance their effects contributed their changes back into the game. Otherwise we have players who have a big advantage compared to others. For a long time, MG bullet trails were invisible because of a bug (the effect was replaced in latest master). Players will think they're hard to find if they use it from distance but if you change the effect, it's trivial to see them.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

(09-20-2018, 02:48 PM)MarisaG Wrote: Hi, I would like to add a donation link for Xonotic to my websites so people who like to can help the project out. Does Xonotic have a paypal address? You never know when someone has a beer to spare Smile

Marisa

Don't think there is one. When we did the monster models donation I used my own paypal as donation and transferred the money to Morpheus and later when I got busy and had to step back from xon I moved the fund to one of the main devs.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Nice talking to you this morning. My servers all start with "GamePlayer Club" other than my clan server...
--- https://BattleGrrls.GamePlayer.club - All-female Xonotic clan
--- https://sourceforge.net/projects/xonotic-utilities/ - My suite of utilities for Linux server operators

(11-01-2018, 04:35 AM)MarisaG Wrote: Nice talking to you this morning. My servers all start with "GamePlayer Club" other than my clan server...

Same here well not the server names.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Thanks for your replies, but now i have a second pack of questions:
  1. Where can I found detailed information about weapons stats like damage/reload time/projectile speed/splash radius/etc?
  2. I saw some new weapon models (crylink/electro/shotgun/vortex) on jeff servers and i really like them. How can i use this models on other servers/localhost too?
  3. Is it possible to run xonotic and jump to specific server via some commandline option like ./xonotic -connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx?
[Image: 101513.jpg]

1. Cvar values are listed in CACS - you can refine the search to find only the weaps you care about (CACS shows 0.8.2 values, if you're on git, you might wanna use `apropos g_balance` in console, the `search` command works too). Most of the cvars don't have descriptions though, hopefully the names are descriptive enough. If not, test what they do (but keep in mind they take up to 5 s to take effect.
  2. Some of the new models are in git/autobuilds, for the others you have to find which pk3 they come from and copy it from your dlcache one directory up (into ~/.xonotic/data or equivalent)
  3. Yes, xonotic has a `connect` command usable in console, it takes IP and port as you specified. To launch xon with such cvars/aliases/commands, prefix them with `+` (stuff prefixed with `-` is treated as parameters to the engine) - e.g. `./xonotic +connect IP:port`
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

Is there a way to have "colored" weapon models? Basically i wanna picmip only the weapons like similar to Quake Champions. I still have trouble to sometimes tell the difference by the looks and personally i'm no fan of the simple symbols neither.

Afaik the weapons inherit the colors that you set to your player model, so that they match. That's why they're gray/colorless by default. In team games also, the weapons inherit the team color of the holder.

Thank you but that isn't what i meant. Take a look at that image. You see the Rocketlauncher colored in red before pickup (other weapons have different colors). I think that's a nice feature to to distinguish weapons. I know that there is an option for "simple items" and that's nice but i really like the way it is handled in Quake Champions. Would be nice to have smth similar in Xon. Maybe there is a way to edit those textures myself and just color them differently? It also would help recognizing the Weapon of an Opponent.
[Image: Quake-Champions-Beta-Shot-(5).jpg]

The game certainly supports models like that from a technical perspective, but we don't have any. Feel free to create a feature request for this on GitLab, but I have no idea who can do that work besides Morphed, who is already incredibly busy.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

That would not necessarily require Morphed's help, because you can already change the weapon colors right? It's just bound to your player model color for whatever reason and you don't have the faculties to change the colors of individual weapons. There should perhaps be more customization options for player/weapon models in general. Fullbright needs to be done properly, for instance. Both for weapons and models:

[Image: 7_fbfbw.png]

I don't personally like the way Quake color codes the weapons, because I don't like there being that many different colors on the hud/map - but I can see why some might like the option for it.

@Smile - sure, we could do something to give rough-grained colors to the weapons using the knobs we already have. I was referring more to the overall high quality of the ones in the screenshot, which seem to require more modeling work.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Hi all! Just wondering what's the best time to log on for multiplayer. So far most my games have been with at most a few people, but would love to get on when there's lots of people playing. Is there a block of time most people seem to play?

(01-15-2019, 07:30 AM)It\sMe Wrote: Checkout this post by Antibody: http://xonotic.org/posts/2018/2017-by-the-numbers/

Awesome! Thanks, this helps a lot!

I introduced some of my friends to Xonotic, and to my surprise, they actually tried it out. I'm wondering, why can't we copy Nexiuz's tutorial? A lot of basics of this game, like strafejumping and rocket curving, that are crucial to the game but there is no way for new players to find it out.
[Image: 5365.png]
[Image: 126092.png]

Hi,

There is a tutorial project discussed on this thread: https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=7506

There haven't been any progress lately but I didn't give up on this, once I have some time I will continue working on this tutorial ^^
Anyone who is willing to contribute is more than welcome, the tutorial branches are hosted on the official Xonotic gitlab repositories Wink

Movement and most of the weapon behaviors are different in Nexuiz, that's why it's not copied over. Movement in Nexuiz was actually closer to QW/source games than Q3 in terms of physics.

How to go to level 15? I play very long 14.

Use Shift+ESC to open console and type
Code:
g_campaignxonoticbeta_index 14
and hit Return.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,626 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,177 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,392 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,001 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,826 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,090 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,455 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,130 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,687 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,671 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin