Create an account

Poll: How do you like this survey?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I love it!
39.22%
20 39.22%
I don't like it at all Sad
3.92%
2 3.92%
I love surveys so much I took this poll (yo dawg)
39.22%
20 39.22%
It was missing a question and I'll reply to this thread to expand
3.92%
2 3.92%
It was too long
7.84%
4 7.84%
It was too short
5.88%
3 5.88%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.38 Average
Help Make Xonotic Better, Take Our Survey

(02-05-2011, 03:23 AM)Celroc Wrote: I didn't fill out the survey... I'm sorry, but the exact age question just bothers me. I agree somewhat with the others: a selection of ranges would be nice.

just insert a rounded age like 20, 25 or 30
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(02-05-2011, 09:45 AM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(02-05-2011, 03:23 AM)Celroc Wrote: I didn't fill out the survey... I'm sorry, but the exact age question just bothers me. I agree somewhat with the others: a selection of ranges would be nice.

just insert a rounded age like 20, 25 or 30

What's the point in that? If the Xonotic team would value input that is not connected to age information or a valid email address, they'd make such information optional. They didn't. So I must assume entering fake data here would do more harm than it would help. I'd like to help and not to do harm, so I won't fill out the survey (which I otherwise would love to do).

Undecided
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

IM 34,

I SCREWED UP THOUGH , COS I PUT <6

IM NOT ASHAMED ABOUT MY AGE.

(probs cos im not a shy nerd)

OLD PEOPLE CAN BE COOL TOO YA KNOW!

ASK STEVE JOBS.

fill the survey out , dont lie , it dont take that long , its shorter than pillow kissing practise.

thi

:^

I think you didn't get my point, chooksta. I am neither worried about my age, nor would I hesitate to take the time to fill out a survey, even if that'd cost me several hours to complete.

I just think information about my person is none of anybody's business unless I decide otherwise. My age is such an information, my email address is, too. I know I disclosed an email address for registering here, but this is buried (though accessible) in the forum system. Having the email address on top of a survey that is handed around, is a totally different thing for me.

I am not shy nor ashamed, I just like my privacy.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

i know mate , me respects u alot , and anyone else,
i guess im more open , but thats because im not really aware to the dangers out there....
trust in the internerd world is a hard thing , some trust (me) , some dont.
(me relies on his antivirus , lol)

but still , is it really that bad the details in the survey?
i forget now what was asked.....
but my faith in the people who work this game for us all is very high.

but yer again with trust.

i hope i wont get spammed or nuttin , but im sure ill be fine.

but who can tell...

maybe im the worlds best hacker and even im lying Smile

maybe im the worlds best player ,but play on an average so im under the radar , lol

:^
btw , i really am a plumber Big Grin

I took the survey, entering in a rounded age (I apologize if that is disruptful to the survey; if it helps, the age I used was close to my real age). I still would like to point out that a range of given ages would be nice. ;-).

Celroc

Just submitted, answered the survey, and when it's my birthday Big Grin

Answering it now, a couple answer boxes are getting so full I'm gonna post them here too Smile

edit:
http://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=20
...with a grenade.

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Agree about the Shotgun, the damage is too low for the range it has and the melee attack is pretty much more useful then shooting someone right in the face.

About the other weapons, they feel nicely balanced to me.

amczombine Wrote:...
I have to say I want to reply to all this and point out a lot of things and make all kinds of arguments and logical progressions, but this is not the place for that kind of wall of text.

So for now I'll keep the conversation as constructive as possible and away from the balance.

The porto it really only used as a fun weapon, even if it is placed on a map it rarely actually provides you with an advantage. Maybe we could add another weapon/mutator instead, which would teleport you to a random spot on the map (using the rune spawnpoint system). Actually I've seen somebody do this on their server, and if we added something like a three second charge, (or other form of pre-fire delay, maybe like the fireball). The porto just takes to long to get in a firing position, and you can't defend yourself while doing this. The random teleporter could be offhand if applied as a mutator.

Some stuff about balance deleted

But on the other hand [deleted] affecting things like [deleted] and [more deleted]. <–– there was actually about a paragraph here before Tongue

How's traffic? Any chance on getting the results out?

(04-04-2011, 05:53 PM)nowego4 Wrote: How's traffic? Any chance on getting the results out?

^
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

(04-04-2011, 06:46 PM)Liquid Sin Wrote:
(04-04-2011, 05:53 PM)nowego4 Wrote: How's traffic? Any chance on getting the results out?

^

^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug SDLv2: We need your help! Antibody 8 9,999 07-13-2015, 06:14 AM
Last Post: It'sMe
  XWIT feedback and survey! Samual 25 28,316 05-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  Heads up for our Mac users Team Xonotic 28 34,033 09-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Xonotic community changes its mind... our bad Dokujisan 23 27,290 04-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Last Post: lopho