Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dynamic enverionmental lighting/electro issue

Hi.
I don't know if it is a bug, but when I turn it on on my linux pc, everything goes dark. There is light only from lamps on the level. When I turn it on on windows, everything is ok.
Maybe I should look for some option to make it work?
Also, I noticed some strange thing with electro. When I use primary mode fps is around 60, but I move as if I had ping 999(in single player mode). I think it is limited only to geforce 4xx and 5xx on linux, because I dont't remember that happening with gt 220.
In wine it is the same as with native linux app. Everything goes dark. Maybe that is the driver, but i do not know when will be next releaseSad

Installed 270.18 beta - the same, everything is dark. Pretty strange

r_shadow_realtime_world_lightmaps 1
What exactly do you mean by 'ping 999'?

When I move i disappear and appear again in different place twice per second. Don't know any way to describe it betterSad When someone else uses electro i do not have any problems.
r_shadow_realtime_world_lightmaps 1
that has done the trick, thanksSmile

If you're using the 0.1 preview it means the electro will be rather buggy, you can probably fix this by "upgrading" to git (I think connecting to a server running git should work fine, too).
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Maybe that is the case, because on balance testing server it is a rare thing. Maybe it is limited to some maps, I will try to find it out.
With lowest settings it remains laggy in single player. In balance testing server everything is ok. Sometimes frame rate drops to 5 on non standard maps, i am trying figure out what causes that. I don't think that that should happen on gtx 570.

I compiled xonotic from git, now there is no trouble in single player with electro, but fps drops anyway to 10 sometimes. Maybe this has something to do with my pc or nvidia driver O_o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release MirceaKitsune 91 95,177 10-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  Glowmaps on weapons don't work right. Electro glows red! XonoxSeven 1 2,771 09-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Mepper