Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
No Haters Allowed :P

So I've got some problems guys....

No matter how hard I try to like xonotic, I don't. My personal taste goes to "Classic Nexuiz" in almost every difference between the two games.

I don't like how easy it is to get going fast in xonotic, I don't like the new health system, I don't like the change to the nex/xon, I don't like the change to the shotgun.

I'm not saying Xonotic sucks... It's just that, I've always liked Nexuiz, from about 2006? That's five years guys... Am I just some loser nerd that doesn't like change? or are there other people that aren't happy with every change...

I don't want to start a flame war, I just want to bring up some concerns I have with xonotic.

I've got to say I do like the new GUI system though Smile

Apples to Oranges man-live with it!
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

> Am I just some loser nerd that doesn't like change? or are there other people that aren't happy with every change...

Both :P

But Xonotic does have some arguable changes. Hopefully the devs will find the right way to fix them before the release. Reverting to Nexuiz is surely not the right way.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

I feel as though Xonotic should change the electro back and buff the current laser a bit, and then focus on visual polishing and bug fixes. One feature I would love to see is an automatic edge brushing option in settings. That is to say that the edges and hard corners of walls and stuff would look worn and brushed down to a smoother look. I find that that kind of polishing is what makes alot of games truly beautiful, with no real performance hit.

Surely the brushing could be automated rather than having to redo every texture.
[Image: jngsiggy.png]

I honestly think this game is made to look cool rather than to be played, and alot of minsta guys share this opinion.

It defenitely looks great, and the gameplay with weapons is better then with Nexuiz.

But the minsta+hook gameplay, is perfect like it is on DieTunichtGuten ctf server in Nexuiz. Graphics better is a good idea, but let the gameplay with minsta+hook stay exactly the same as there, it is already PERFECT. Longer time to respawn, no shooting trough people, less amo. Don't do that. The graphics in Nexuiz were bad, and it is good that they are better, but let the minsta gameplay the same. (And pleas emake another weapon model Big Grin)
Moved to Mepper

dont forget that when u first found this game , ya had to learn it from scratch,
we all had to , and changes were made on the way no?
give it time , keep chipping at the game , go try other servers that may of tweeked settings and keep on suggesting your ideas.

oh you know what im saying...

im finding it hard too , so your not the only guy out there (girls too?)
( ive got a big issue with proper rocket flying , but i wont give up)

remember that the dev nerds spent alot of time doing this for us all (9000 hours?)

and to simply say it suxs is the shittest way to get your thoughts out (boo!)
(btw im not pointing my wing at anyone so calm down nerd)

glhf

:^

(me plumber , not nerd , so if i can adapt , then :p )

Yes, I agree, making games is extremely hard, I have a great respect for all those who are developing this game and making it better.

I do like this game and just don't play Nexuiz any more. My critism on minsta+hook was meant constructing. (Not like it sucks.)

I do like the gameplay of all other modes and think all the developers have done (and still do) a great job!
Moved to Mepper

(01-23-2011, 04:53 AM)mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck] Wrote: It defenitely looks great, and the gameplay with weapons is better then with Nexuiz.

But the minsta+hook gameplay, is perfect like it is on DieTunichtGuten ctf server in Nexuiz. Graphics better is a good idea, but let the gameplay with minsta+hook stay exactly the same as there, it is already PERFECT. Longer time to respawn, no shooting trough people, less amo. Don't do that. The graphics in Nexuiz were bad, and it is good that they are better, but let the minsta gameplay the same. (And pleas emake another weapon model Big Grin)

Minsta there is not the Nexuiz default balance too (afaik). I don't get the problem to adjust it for Xonotic.

Also, survey: http://www.xonotic.org/survey/

Don't forget: we're in alpha/beta stage, and it's discussions like these we need prior to hitting 1.0 .

Have you taken a look at Nexuiz 1.0? Or earlier stages? Compare them to 1.5 and 2.0 .

Currently, i don't play Xonotic; it's still missing too much. Like trying to use Haiku for daily computer usage.
Also: Something about the survey is fishy:
Quote:Time Playing Nexuiz (GPL within versions 1.0 - 2.5.svn)?
# less than 1 year
# less than 3 years
# less than 5 years
# never played
"Less than 5 years" means 4 or less. Mistake or intensional?
(i started playing actively at the release of the patch to 1.1 in 2005.)
4m038105 - Be the change.

Please fill out the Community Survey to help us help you.

(01-23-2011, 10:54 AM)-z- Wrote: Please fill out the Community Survey to help us help you.

Haha, alright -z-. I'll help you help me!Angel

You see, the problem is, everyone has their own opinion with what a "good game" is. If everyone is using different outlets to try and get their changes applied to the game, only the squeaky wheel will be getting the grease. The survey helps level the playing field and give as a much accurate comparison of how people feel about the game.

Filled out the survey. Holy crap! I have over 760 posts!
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.