Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ladder rules proposal

+1 to that, you can't have everything at the same time Tongue

I would like to have it off too.

Footsteps on, really what is the problem? Every game I have played in FPS have had footsteps on.

IMO it should be client side configurable but no doubt the 'gives you an unfair advantage on player's who don't use them' warriors will complain.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(02-02-2011, 07:25 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Footsteps on, really what is the problem? Every game I have played in FPS have had footsteps on.

Nexuiz? Tongue

footsteps add to the whole experience , sound is very important.

also: who made that xonotic footstep sound? , sounds like some big fat old work boots Smile

:^

As long as you really don't make a sound when just walking slowly (what you refer to as crouching) it's good enough (and g_footsteps should stay on, that's what I mean). However, it'd be good to have a dedicated "walk" button where you actually walk slowly, but don't crouch.

(02-02-2011, 08:29 AM)Mirio Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 07:25 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Footsteps on, really what is the problem? Every game I have played in FPS have had footsteps on.

Nexuiz? Tongue

Well that doesn't mean they should be off, as I remember the reason they were off is because they were bugged, so Nexuiz is actually pro footsteps Big Grin

Footsteps IMO add to the depth of gameplay, you can move at the moment without footsteps by using crouch, having a dedicated walk button that would allow you to move slower without crouching and not emit footsteps would rock.

However footsteps should never be off under any game mode, they are important in finding out where the other player is IF he want's to move fast. You can't have them both, either slow and sneaky or fast and loud.
#deathmatchers

I consider "not bunnyhopping" as moving slowly, I think crouching is just too slow and feels like I'm playing CS. But yeah, I seem to be the minority. A walk button would be nice tho especially if it was a bit faster than crouching. Something like 180qu/s(crouching), 240qu/s(walking), 360qu/s(running)? Otherwise crouching is pretty much the same and there wouldn't be a point. But I guess someone would need to code it.

Or just like Nexuiz that normal walking does not make noise. Crouching is so slow that you get the "Don't camp!" message in LMS if you only use crouching.

(02-03-2011, 03:32 PM)Mirio Wrote: Or just like Nexuiz that normal walking does not make noise. Crouching is so slow that you get the "Don't camp!" message in LMS if you only use crouching.

We're the only ones that want that, that's why I think having a walk button somewhere between crouch and run would make a nice compromise.

That's exactly the problem. I want footsteps on, but crouching is just too slow to move silently. So who will suggest to developers team to code slow walking that would produce less sound than running? Smile

(02-03-2011, 03:23 PM)nifrek Wrote: I consider "not bunnyhopping" as moving slowly, I think crouching is just too slow and feels like I'm playing CS. But yeah, I seem to be the minority. A walk button would be nice tho especially if it was a bit faster than crouching. Something like 180qu/s(crouching), 240qu/s(walking), 360qu/s(running)? Otherwise crouching is pretty much the same and there wouldn't be a point. But I guess someone would need to code it.

Actually that's just what it should be. 180/240/360, the problem is how to implement it and who can do it?
#deathmatchers

Probably anyone familiar with qc, I suppose it's probably a bit more complicated but mostly just copy/paste the crouch code, change the speed percentage, etc.

I don't feel worthy of asking anything to devs tho.