Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DP-Based Zelda-like game...

I think it just might work. It's still just an idea, but I think about...

* Using chasecam for this one
* Incorporating Twig physics
* Enabling support for a controller
* Sword/spin attack charge = modified Nex charge
* Blending styles - some fantasy and some sci-fi elements
* Speedy stuff
* Multiplayer mode
* Life energy measured in HP, overall max. hp = 500, handicap when starting = 50, each "heart container" will increase max. hp by 50 until 500 is reached.
* Blending in some FPS elements
* Dungeons with complex puzzles, often needing a weapon/tool from next one

Current storyline ideas:
1. some tutorial stuff, loads of cutscenes. you start as archeology student
2. you become a proper archeologist. also, get pistol and body armour.
3. while visiting the Ancient Temple of Ba'dram, you get transported to another dimension
4. you have to convince people who rule the place you came to that you're a mighty warrior - ridiculously easy boss fight (hit a monster three times with a pistol when its mouth is open)
5. the king reveals that someone is using magic of Ba'dram, a multi-dimensional semi-divine being, to try to conquer successive dimensions.
6. go to their temple, the Green Temple of Ba'dram. [temple treasure = dimension hopper, boss = medium difficulty, temple weapon = lightning gun (based off Electro)]
*. Defeating boss will drop Life Energizer (increase max hp by 50pts) and a Dimension Address for the Dimension Hopper.
7. Use Dimension Hopper to go to the next dimension.
8. You land in a steampunk environment. In this world, there's your first sidequest - collect 20 Ancient Techs in order to receive an armour upgrade (which will now be twice as strong)
9. Go to the Metal Temple of Ba'drum. [temple treasure = steam flypack (XON.jetpack/SMS.fludd hybrid), boss = medium difficulty, needs flypack, temple weapon = bomb launcher (requires wormhole lockpick from next dimension)]
10. Go to the next dimension (science-fiction themed)

Many more ideas will go here.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

...NOO.............
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

Why not? DP has been used for non-fps games.

It sounds like a great, but a hell lot of work. You'll demonstrate a huge amount of initiative if you can pull this off.
bye / bad luck and have boredom

This line made me giggle
"2. you become a proper archeologist. also, get pistol and body armour."
Thats quite an interesting way to describe a "proper archeologist" Big Grin

from the line
"* Sword/spin attack charge = modified Nex charge"
i guess you plan/suggest using Xonotic as base-code for this. I would say thats a bad call, as there is so much "dead weight" in this game-code for the project you propose. Instead i would suggest starting a from scratch (not as bad as it sounds) with the code and copy over / adapt the relevant parts form Xonotic.

(05-18-2011, 05:26 PM)tZork Wrote: This line made me giggle
"2. you become a proper archeologist. also, get pistol and body armour."
Thats quite an interesting way to describe a "proper archeologist" Big Grin

Because REAL archaeologists use FIREARMS!

Quote:from the line
"* Sword/spin attack charge = modified Nex charge"
i guess you plan/suggest using Xonotic as base-code for this. I would say thats a bad call, as there is so much "dead weight" in this game-code for the project you propose. Instead i would suggest starting a from scratch (not as bad as it sounds) with the code and copy over / adapt the relevant parts form Xonotic.

I intended to take the new project way, but try to rip off as much clean code as I can from Xonotic (it's there, may as well use it). Still, this is a project for later (I'll probably spend a year learning QC and then another half contributing to Xonotic), but when I start, I'll probably look for collaborators (and you know where Angel ).
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Underwear brand that looks like the Xonotic logo MirceaKitsune 25 27,672 02-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Last Post: aa
  What's your rig (gaming machine) like? c00L 8 15,177 10-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Halogene
  Do you like TimeSplitters? DW_ 6 5,368 06-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Does playing Arena shooters like Xonotic make you better at slower paced games? Shadowman84 6 8,963 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mepper
  Stumbled upon a cool search engine that I like more than Google Lee_Stricklin 6 10,101 03-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Last Post: mood
  Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game SkyHookers 10 15,721 11-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Last Post: SkyHookers
  I don't like this forum tChr 25 24,469 09-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  d00d! teh alienTRAP forum is like completely abandoned right now. Lee_Stricklin 10 9,615 03-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Will