• 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
death51 [ ons | ctf | dm | etc ]

so erm heres me map i made

it does ONSLAUGHT!!! WOOOOO

its not very preaty because i cbf making detail Tongue

oh well

here it is: http://ompldr.org/vNzdoZg
[Image: vNzdsZw]

How about at least one damn screenshit? Isn't too hard, is it?

[Image: death51.jpg]
[Image: 230.png]

Bunch of blocks. Not that I like assaulting other's works, but I don't see much of effort put in this one. Maybe layout is suitable for certain gamemode, but brushwork and texturing are detestable. Even if you're inexperienced mapper, in this case you could at least experiment with buildings' shapes and use appropriate textures on floor, walls and ceilings.

(01-30-2011, 03:40 PM)Lord Canistra Wrote: Bunch of blocks. Not that I like assaulting other's works, but I don't see much of effort put in this one. Maybe layout is suitable for certain gamemode, but brushwork and texturing are detestable. Even if you're inexperienced mapper, in this case you could at least experiment with buildings' shapes and use appropriate textures on floor, walls and ceilings.

Hate to say it but Canistra is correct here.

You should take a look at how other maps are detailed and put together and then try to recplicate similar decor in your own. It can really improve your technical skill as a mapper as well as your eye for style/detail.

Also look at the quality of other maps and compare them to your own. If you don't think its comparable or good enough for release but can't think of anything else to add, go on the mapping IRC channel and get some tips. Theres always someone around to help.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Fuck textures!

An ONS map!!!! Whhhooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moved to Mepper

(01-31-2011, 03:10 PM)mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck] Wrote: Fuck textures!

An ONS map!!!! Whhhooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Grin thankyou
[Image: vNzdsZw]

Quote:Bunch of blocks. Not that I like assaulting other's works, but I don't see much of effort put in this one. Maybe layout is suitable for certain gamemode, but brushwork and texturing are detestable. Even if you're inexperienced mapper, in this case you could at least experiment with buildings' shapes and use appropriate textures on floor, walls and ceilings.
Maybe true, but if the sole purpose of the single screenshot is to burn down the map based on that one screenshot, then don't bother commenting either :-) At least play the map.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Well, in fact I must say that Lord Canistra is right, the map indeed is a bit blocky, an the textures are not really exciting. Maybe there is still some work left.

But I'm just very happy that it is possible to play ONS now. Before if I called a vote for it and it was accepted, the console said: mode doesn't exist.

But we can play it now!

(Is it possible to just copy ONS-reborn from Nexuiz to Xonotic? That is a fantastic ONS map.)
Moved to Mepper

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,668 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [CTF,ONS,CTS] Trident_ctf [FINAL] Kotangens 10 5,248 08-29-2022, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [CTF,ONS,RC] RemixROM Kotangens 4 2,553 01-16-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,150 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,498 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [CTF,ONS] Astralcity kuniu the frogg 28 27,124 01-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Justin