Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Non-Euclidean Level Design

It took me a while to find this again, but wanted to show this to you all. I thought it was a pretty awesome concept :>

[Image: IUBFH.png]

Contact me on irc channel:
#Dietunichtguten @Quakenet

Like warpzones, right?
Or are they different?

(01-30-2011, 09:00 PM)nowego4 Wrote: Like warpzones, right?
Or are they different?

It's like warpzones except that you don't immediately know that you're going through them.

Fairly certain that div did a proof-of-concept map for non-euclidean design a while back, after first introducing warpzones to DP. It may have been back on the old AT forums, though. I remember him having a staircase that would go infinitely long.

Ever noticed that in Glowplant you have a couple of warpzones that aren't visible as well? May be depending on your graphics settings, I don't know... we already have that :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Yeah I think div did a few of these. There was another one with infinite corridors or something that was kinda neat.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

That makes me want to load up the original Unreal (NOT Tournament) to play on a map called DM Radikus. It did similar stuff to that, except made the warp zones obvious, but still acting like they did in Portal.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Man, It took me 3 months to learn eggandbaccons...
Don't complicate too much please Tongue
Fat.bot.Slim

Shame about the slight graphical glitches that happen as you go through a warpzone!
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(01-31-2011, 05:21 AM)Halogene Wrote: Ever noticed that in Glowplant you have a couple of warpzones that aren't visible as well? May be depending on your graphics settings, I don't know... we already have that :o)

Yes, it freaked me out.
4m038105 - Be the change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPMFOp3YtDI

and yes Glowplant is kinda of non Non-Euclidean too, but its not designed to trow you off as the above clips are, just change the flow.

(01-31-2011, 05:21 AM)Halogene Wrote: Ever noticed that in Glowplant you have a couple of warpzones that aren't visible as well? May be depending on your graphics settings, I don't know... we already have that :o)

This raped my brain with the giant dong of deja vu for a few minutes before I finally twigged.

It is a cool feature though, and everything in the video could be implemented with warpzones?

Very fun. Pretty easy to wrap my mind around, but that is probably 'cause I dabble in the tesseract theory and wormholes to relax my mind. I bump into that kind of stuff all the time. Big Grin
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

(01-31-2011, 03:50 PM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: Man, It took me 3 months to learn eggandbaccons...
Don't complicate too much please Tongue

eggandbacon the level on nexuiz?

Yeah, it takes a while to grasp the concept of four walls slightly slanted. That gradient had me puzzled for days.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=lOrUJsg7DB8

A video I made explaining warpzones and demonstrating them on Glowplant.

Endless staircases FTW!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How much more to Skrillex's level? unfa 9 12,104 12-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  agnostic software design tZork 9 8,420 05-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Last Post: hutty