Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[DM]Afterslime

I think i can finally make it public.
It's a medium sized indoor map, that supports DM, TDM, LMS, CA, Freezetag, Arena, KH.

It hasn't been tested ingame much, though yesterday i had some games with Mirio on it and it wasn't that bad (except the fact that Mirio quite quickly started to control megas and in our second game he raped me...)

Thanks to Atheros you can test it online on shirkhan.dyndns.org:26520

Download:
http://ompldr.org/vN2Z2cQ/afterslime.pk3

[Image: brsrt2n53rfu3kddiat_thumb.jpg][Image: vrbctzd6fk9xaa76ngrp_thumb.jpg][Image: t6lzewjt19x5f43t1sgu_thumb.jpg][Image: 9jcrudpnybcfzupremg_thumb.jpg][Image: 0y2qyocxdhi4w6nysqz0_thumb.jpg][Image: 0ecblihu4d7lxro9ev_thumb.jpg][Image: 3mvzhht6wc71w323ht2_thumb.jpg][Image: 7vnf3vqoo2d7b4a0176r_thumb.jpg]
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(02-19-2011, 04:19 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: (except the fact that Mirio quite quickly started to control megas and in our second game he raped me...)

Big Grin Big Grin +1

No, I guess its a bit to big for 1v1. I think it should be good for team modes like TDM,CA etc. ! I like it.

Looks like top quality work..AGAIN.

Will check this out when get back later.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

The gameplay and layout is well done. Good work Froggy.

These are your requested suggestions, if you think they are to nit picky feel free to ignore them.

[Image: i9mv5c6lub2owfrgfk8q_thumb.jpg][Image: t7n5xsrmmazqwuygj6c_thumb.jpg][Image: do14b8lplg4uzj6g8l05_thumb.jpg][Image: vzi9xx8dyg3kpuf73891_thumb.jpg]
[Image: w9i43vfgm3m43four5q_thumb.jpg][Image: qm2uy5lzyjzwame494_thumb.jpg][Image: zpz8o25oeqhphbt6giw_thumb.jpg][Image: 5yn6a3repyf1n0ikhtn_thumb.jpg]

These are my suggestions to improve the visuals. The texture scaling as applies to some other part of the map too, for example the floor of the nex room.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(02-19-2011, 05:54 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Looks like top quality work..AGAIN.
I confirm.
We have a damn good map here, imo.
Fat.bot.Slim

about that valve, you can make circular valves. look at my map, claustrophobia, for an example.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Nice Kuniu, the slime is broken in 0.1, but your probably aware of this and it'll probably go away with 0.2. Example and example just in case you want to investigate. Looks nice in GIT though, especially the moving texture on the barrels.

One thing that needs clipped though is this, you can see the skybox from here if you laser further up the pipe.

And don't forget bot waypoints DOM controlpoints (this map would make a good one).

This will make a good freezetag map I think.

Ok, i just played 2 games 1v1 with Mr Froggy himself.

The map is fun. Good news. Wink

I'm not 100% convinced that the map is too large for 1v1. With these fast physics, nothing is never very far from you. The nex also makes the opponent very hittable from anywhere.

The central room is a trap whenever you're a bit short stack. It's not necessarily a drawback, but it makes the whole map very megahealth-centric.

Also, the corridor where the nex is seems to just be a passing area. I don't see too many fights in this corridor. Plus, it's quite easy to escape from there.
Yet, the nex is pretty attractive, but maybe not enough. I don't see one more armor there, so i don't know what to propose. Maybe changing the structure itself of this area? It's quite possible to make some connective paths between this corridor and and crylink room, idk. But the flow could be improved in this corridor.

Again, nice work.
Fat.bot.Slim

Hopefully this will be one of the more tactical maps for 1v1 like stormkeep I hope Smile

excellent
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

nowego4 Wrote:the slime is broken in 0.1, but your probably aware of this and it'll probably go away with 0.2.
i don't know why for some people the slime is broken. This texture is not from 0.1 and that's why i included it in pk3. Also, for me and some other people (Grunt for sure) it is working in 0.1 ...

nowego4 Wrote:And don't forget bot waypoints DOM controlpoints (this map would make a good one).
hah i completely forgot about bot waypoints Smile
about DOM, i'll try, though i haven't been doing it before. But how hard can it be to place them right? Smile

Thanks for your opinions everyone, thanks for going into details, cortez.
Frogg on Instagram

Really nice map kuniu, this will be perfect for 2on2/4on4 TDM!

I have a few suggestions though.

Can you replace the 100a where the 3 pillars are above/comoug out of the slime, with a powerup like quad/shield (doesn't have to be quad!)

And add a 50a somewhere at a stategic point on the map as well, where you have all the vials opposite where that 100armour is on the pillars, perhaps take some of them away and put a 50a on one of those ledges.

I played around on this and fell in love with the slime. I love the effect, much cooler than lava. I also love the dynamics of the structure: the tactical considerations of the corridors is great.
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Damn fine map, one of the best I've played for this game. The only issues I ran across were the lack of music playing and the bots not doing much of anything if I played with them. It would be flawless if you added the bot waypoints and got some music playing (don't know what track would fit it best off the top of my head though), outside of playability the map also looks beautiful and my frame rate never dropped below where it's capped while I was screwing around on it which is a good thing.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

2vs2 TDM
http://www.own3d.tv/video/80928/Xonotic_..._BOT_s_TDM

We played 3 games and this map works great imo.

Fixed the mapinfo, it had 'type' (should be 'gametype')

.zip   afterslime.mapinfo.zip (Size: 721 bytes / Downloads: 2)
GLHF Smile

I played on this map, looks great! Needs more people(>2) for me to get a good feel of the gameplay.

thanks nowego4.

btw, i made a little update (some small esthetic changes, bot waypoints and Domination support). You can download it from here:
http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/?n
Frogg on Instagram

Just a thought(I'd like to see it's performance aspect) make the huge glass ceiling and glass windows at the top of the big area reflective. It would look amazing! Maybe give us a test version with that?