Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Where the frick is everyone?

Errr..actually it's mainly US and AU player's who are not playing, not European or the pickup guys they still play on public server's but I rarely see ANY American players.

And yes he was trolling me.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Thats a lie. I wanted a game today and there was fecking no one around. Boo! I want more advertising! I need people to shoot in the face dammit!
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

well i have the answer , and the main guys know what that is , so its up to them to make the PUSH.

but really the arguments and the nerd tech thingos need to be done , but i cant see that happening soon...

time....

tic tock , etc

:^

I also went on a random minsta nexuiz server. Those fuckers can run xonotic on their servers with different physics right? Seriously they do not like this game for some reason, but I always did think minsta was a pathetic cop out Tongue

Oh also I got kicked for telling the admin he was a tool cause he couldn't get xonotic 0.1 working *walks away innocently*

COOL STORY BRO

and yeah, not having people to shoot in the face sucks. However, now is not the time to expect large numbers of players. we are still in alpha after all.

perhaps we should organize a developer playtime? like an hour where all of the developers and anyone else that wants to participate gets on and just plays. maybe we can have a couple, for people in different parts of the world (to account for time.)
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I really need to get back to work on balance/physicsCASUALWARFARE... Maybe that will bring in some players lol

@theShadow

That sounds like a good idea.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I doubt you find players around 3-4 AM Sepelio. Tongue Actually 1 server was full in the evening.

(02-26-2011, 05:54 AM)Mirio Wrote: I doubt you find players around 3-4 AM Sepelio. Tongue Actually 1 server was full in the evening.

Well I was quite hammered and just wanted something to shoot Tongue

(02-25-2011, 06:12 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Errr..actually it's mainly US and AU player's who are not playing, not European or the pickup guys they still play on public server's but I rarely see ANY American players.

I *am* in Europe. The servers are empty here, unless you count bots.

I checked 2 times this evening, first time 3 players on a european server, 2nd time 3 on a european, 5 on an australian server.
[Tue Aug 5 2008] [00:15:01] <Ronan`> RoKenn, you're an evil person Tongue

(02-21-2011, 03:59 AM)FruitieX Wrote:
(02-19-2011, 05:06 PM)mepperNoSkillsOnlyLuck Wrote: BETTER FIND PLAYERS! I don't really like playing race whole the time, I need people to play against.

This is quite interesting. Why are race servers flooded with players when the others are empty? :p

Well, because you can play race on your own. I, just like everyone else, need someone to shoot in the face. Until there's someone to kill, I need to play race Sad
Moved to Mepper

(02-27-2011, 02:41 PM)mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck] Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 03:59 AM)FruitieX Wrote:
(02-19-2011, 05:06 PM)mepperNoSkillsOnlyLuck Wrote: BETTER FIND PLAYERS! I don't really like playing race whole the time, I need people to play against.

This is quite interesting. Why are race servers flooded with players when the others are empty? :p

Well, because you can play race on your own. I, just like everyone else, need someone to shoot in the face. Until there's someone to kill, I need to play race Sad

Go to a CTF server and wait for players, meanwhile you can speedcap. By the way, since you wanted UFB at Xonotic, I'd love if you dropped by in my server for some minutes to test my port, and gave me some feedback.

i like ufb servers Heart

(02-19-2011, 11:15 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver were a step backwards. Just saying. Sometimes you need to take a step back, my balance initially did just that and I think that's the biggest complaint about it, but it was mostly the balanceFruit cult that said it was bad while others act like it doesn't exist...

I have to agree with you on this somehow. Personally for me its the weapon gameplay only though. Not really othered much by the movement atm. You?

In pondering an earlier post in this thread, what was the most popular balance version in Nexuiz? 2.4.2? 2.4? 2.3? 2.5?

When Nexuiz was updated to 2.5, did it lose players? Would that speak to the quality of 2.4.2? I enjoyed 2.4.2 more than 2.5 b/c the speed, and balance. I think the game was better when the weapon selection was more limited. I will probably end up hosting a NA 2.4.2 balance server on the Xonotic engine when it's released...

That's just my thinking out loud...I want to play this game against other people, but so far, the balance/physics changes to Xonotic are outing many people. I seem to remember full servers during 2.4.2 and dwindling servers on 2.5....

There's much more to this then that.

First of all you have to take things into perspective.

Xonotic is still basically in an alpha stage with like 4 official maps and unfinished settings, so what are you expecting?
I remember when Nexuiz was released in 1.0 (to the masses) and it was horrible, I remember back in the days when there was like maybe 18 people max on quakenet IRC #nexuiz channel.

Doesn't anyone remember the days of 1.5/2.0, All I see is people who joined 2.3+ onwards and complain about changes a lot :p

2.5 onwards was also when QuakeLive had came out if I remember correctly? A lot of the experienced player's were fed up of nexuiz and all the issues, and where QuakeLive came out a lot of them just want to play that. Also, 2.5 fixed a lot of issues of 2.4, the movement got better but people in nexuiz seemed to complain because they couldn't get as quick speed or something silly (just my opinion)

How about you give Xonotic a chance once it get's beyond 1.0 before you already start deciding about hosting nexuiz settings on xonotic servers, as fruitiex said once before, that's a sure fire way to kill off Xonotic.

Now I don't want to turn this into a rant, how about we just let the development team get on with it, and then see how things pan out instead of constantly debating things.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

@kojn^:
Yeah, I wasn't around till 2.4.2, but I did try the game before 2.4.2 and I prefered it in it's 2.4.2 state.

I have been one of the more patient "not completely satisfied with cfg's" people around here kojn^. I am interested to see the end result, and I am flexible enough to give it a very long and thorough chance. I don't really have much ground to stand on when it comes to influenceing decisions. I probably have the least logged playing time of most everyone in this thread Blush . So I am flexible, that was just something I observed. People seemed more satisfied with 2.4.2, and everyone references that cfg setup. I guess I am jumping the gun in saying I will host a 2.4.2 balance though. Sorry...

normal ctf and minsta dm (rest in peace*cry* )died after 2.5.
A lot of my clanmates and friends left the game with 2.5 ((
But minsta ctf has grown up.

the only thing i know is, that we had a lot of funWink
nobody was thinking about movement Big Grin
jeez ... we were noobs , but it was a great time with full servers.

(03-08-2011, 06:31 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Doesn't anyone remember the days of 1.5/2.0, All I see is people who joined 2.3+ onwards and complain about changes a lot :p

of course i remember the 2.0 time. it was a good time when there no minsta ctf just some occasionally 2on2s or 3on3s
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(03-09-2011, 12:26 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: there no minsta ctf

Really? Wow, that must've sucked :P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question personal update from everyone (whats going on for game??) chooksta 17 19,768 11-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Last Post: bitbomb
  Where is everyone? noobermin 12 10,437 01-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Last Post: mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck]