Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WIP] Weapon Models

Ok, so you might be wondering, not much has changed on the weapon model front since we obtained a new nex. A lot of work has been going on in the background. We have a bunch of models but no texture artists. So on that note I have a priority list on what models need to be made.
Firstly, we need to get rid of the models that have temp models, i.e. fireball and seeker. Next we want to get rid of the older looking models, i.e. minstanex, crylink, etc.

One of my major goals is to make cell/energy weapons alien-like and bullets and rockets human-like.

Fireball
Model Artist: theShadow
Texture/Concept Artist: LJFHutch
[Image: 6tssgbvhjj4y0iiop3ty_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 5sarhjbvhrwppdldleyb_thumb.jpg]
So fireball is almost done. What we need is a normal map and proper lava flowing through the pipes and if needed more detail on the diffuse map. Please take into account that this is LJFHutch's first uvmap/texture ever. Also the yellow stripes will be the shirt color of the player and the white will be the pants color.

Seeker
Texture Artist: NEED AN ARTIST
[Image: 86uxuwmifl6akup5u83e_thumb.jpg]
You've probably already seen this one. We need a texture artist for this. I will ask LJFHutch to do a texture drawing over this but we need someone to uvmap and create the rest of the texture for it.

Minelayer
Model Artist/uvmap: Morphed
This is already in Git but we need someone to create a texture using the uvmap.

Minstanex
Model Artist: theShadow [still working on it]
Concept Artist: LJFHutch
[Image: ge1cqtj6l3o8pvjr4r4w_thumb.jpg]
[Image: ug38eg94b4wx830wxnxb_thumb.jpg]
You may have seen this as well. I will ask LJFHutch to do a draw over on this as well. But we still need someone to uvmap this and texture it.

Crylink or new LG
Model Artist: sputnik
Texture Artist: seems to be sputnik
[Image: gjwnuzh16yy7kfn5y6c_thumb.jpg]
Texture update:
[Image: 53g8hr13h85ysjib0bp_thumb.jpg]
Now firstly I need to ask sputnik if he is willing to use this one for the crylink or lg. It seems to be intended for the electro.

RocketLauncher
Texture Artist: NEED A TEXTURE ARTIST
[Image: e893c3wl4n3hw35sz9g9_thumb.jpg]
Now this model is pretty much done from what I can tell. What it needs is a texture artist again. This model is not as important as the others.

MachineGun/Uzi
Model Artist: theShadow [Still working on it]
Texture Artist: NEED A TEXTURE ARTIST
[Image: 492txf96wiwyc25eehcf_thumb.jpg]
This is another model that needs an artist but not as important as the ones listed above.

Sniper Rifle
Model Artist: LJFHutch
Texture Artist: LJFHutch
[Image: eu56u08bf9o6r2uy3nfn_thumb.jpg]
New scope:
[Image: 20110121xonoticsniperrix.th.jpg]
Scope+Rifle:
[Image: 20110121xonoticsniperri.th.jpg]
[Image: 493tj2b799snm6a5c8f3_thumb.jpg]
Again not as important as the models listed above.

Shotgun Cannon (Not decided if it will be shotgun or something else, intended for shotgun by original modeler)
Model Artist: Lamoot
Texture Artist: Lamoot and Taoki/Mirceakitsune
[Image: x59nmju9364acako7ll_thumb.jpg]
[Image: ea9j6yad7mr992ynit4_thumb.jpg]
The texture of this model is not completely done yet but is well on its way.

If anyone wants to volunteer on texturing or improving models PLEASE let me know either on IRC where I go by DibTop or send me a private message. The texture artist must be made with a 2048^2 resolution (I know this might be big and takes up performance but gl_picmip, texture compression, and low quality builds solve this issue. The texture artist should be able to know how to make a diffuse texture and height maps. This wiki article can tell you how texture maps differ and what texture maps are used in xonotic: http://dpwiki.slipgateconstruct.com/inde...ion_for_DP
This includes the diffuse (base texture), _gloss, _glow, _reflect.

If I feel that the texture quality isn't up to par it may be rejected and I know that this may be frustrating, but its something that I plan on keeping consistent through out the models. It will not be flat out rejected if the texture artist is willing to provide changes.

One more thing: I will be strictly moderating this thread. Please provide only constructive criticism.

Cool models, though the T.A.G. Seeker and the Rocket Launcher ones look a bit similar to me.

Thank you for summing up all the models WIP. I think this thread should be posted on the main site and other social sites too.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(02-20-2011, 05:51 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Thank you for summing up all the models WIP. I think this thread should be posted on the main site and other social sites too.

+1

You should also add them to the Concept Art section on the website.

Wow, exciting weaponmodels!

The fireball model seems that it could work for the Hagar too. Is it possible to show a frontal view of it?

When I first saw the seeker model, I thought it would be the new shotgun :>
It looks pretty mighty.

I am unsure about the minstanexmodel, for me it looks a bit weak. Well, is it possible to adumbrate an extension for the Laser that is used in minstagib mode?

The model for LG, Crylink or Electro looks really extraterrestrical Big Grin
Good work!
I would prefer it for the LG or Electro, but not for the Crylink.

The RL is a big brutal gun, what about a display in this weaponmodel? I think it could show the amount of ammunition or simply be an useless but good looking hightech gimmick Tongue

The machine gun looks also very strong. I wonder why it has a grip under the grip ^^
Maybe this should be removed.

Is it possible for energy weapons that the weaponmodels have a slot for the energy cells? I think the energy cells can protrude out of the surface of the weaponmodel like a normal magazine of a gun. It would look cool if they glow and change brightness with the state of charge.

Damn I wish I had the ability to make models or texture them, but I never made something like this. Are there good tutorials, maybe in german?
Its really hard for me to understand all this technical stuff.

PS: I've found some interesting looking weapon models, perhaps these could be a proposal for you guys.
Look at the Aliengun
Made with well know plastic pieces

New scope:
[Image: 20110121xonoticsniperrix.th.jpg]

(02-20-2011, 11:39 AM)RaptorFX Wrote: The machine gun looks also very strong. I wonder why it has a grip under the grip ^^
Maybe this should be removed.

P'raps 'cause it is an alien gun for an alien with three hands. * shrugs * An idea.

Very good, all!
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

All these weapons look pretty damn amazing, especially the new crylink/lg, it has almost more detail than all the current weapons alltogether Big Grin
Is there any chance that we can view screenshots how these weapons look in first person view? Just like the picture of the rocketlauncher.

i dont know what the second grip is for. LJHutch added it in some concept art so i added it to the model cause it looks cool.

I did put foreward that maybe its where the clip is loaded (like it folds down and the clip is loaded horizontally)
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

That is another possibility. The texturing should probably make it obvious which it is... unless we want an inside joke/mystery. Smile
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

it's where the pink pong balls are stored

Imgur Gallery

Heres a first person shot of the fireball:

[Image: 5sarhjbvhrwppdldleyb_thumb.jpg]

texture needs a bit more improvement.

also could be scaled down a bit, but other than that, awesome.

Imgur Gallery

I presume that it doesn't have a glow texture yet?

Also agree with theShadow, takes up too much space on the screen (maybe this is actually a position issue and not a scale issue?)

It does have a glow texture but it needs a better one. The pipes should have a lava glow texture. And ya it needs to be scaled down a bit.

nowego4: you were interested in texturing the minstanex, correct? theShadow is still working on it and I will get it to you as soon as he is done.

(02-23-2011, 02:43 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: It does have a glow texture but it needs a better one. The pipes should have a lava glow texture. And ya it needs to be scaled down a bit.

nowego4: you were interested in texturing the minstanex, correct? theShadow is still working on it and I will get it to you as soon as he is done.

From the screenshot you posted, it looks like it could use a little more glow on the sight/scope then.

I don't have much experience, but I'll give it a shot Wink Gotta start somewhere.

I don't think the fireball should be scaled down. That's the most devastating weapon in the game, it shuold be large on yout screen!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(02-24-2011, 03:10 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: I don't think the fireball should be scaled down. That's the most devastating weapon in the game, it shuold be large on yout screen!

I agree there.

Someone talked about Fireball being one of those new "Superweapons", so I think it should look badass and not be scaled down.

(02-20-2011, 01:08 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: Now firstly I need to ask sputnik if he is willing to use this one for the crylink or lg. It seems to be intended for the electro.

That's fine by me.
Here are some screenshots of the current state
[Image: jk3zuddqhag3xrvn3jv_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 53g8hr13h85ysjib0bp_thumb.jpg]

wow sputnik thats really really really really amazing work. keep it up!

Cubeowl: Yes I will definitely take that into consideration.

Awesomeness. I would like it to be more... worn and less clean, but I like the coloring. As it is an electric gun, I would also suggest lines down which energy would pulse while at rest and then which would intensify when firing.

Can I use this as-is though somehow?

(02-24-2011, 11:10 AM)Fisume Wrote: Someone talked about Fireball being one of those new "Superweapons", so I think it should look badass and not be scaled down.

+1
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

sputnik, thats awesome. really.

i would like to see a bit more energy and a bit more organic parts, right now it looks quite metallic.

(02-24-2011, 12:12 PM)sputnik Wrote: Here are some screenshots of the current state

Is the metallic blue player color? or just the green?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,709 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Editing Pick-Up Models NoClue 3 1,136 11-25-2022, 06:17 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,048 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  List of Free/GPL Models & Programs AllegedlyDead 7 14,249 10-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dares
  How to import Weapon Models? NoClue 6 3,416 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Julius
Brick New Shotgun and Uzi models MirceaKitsune 6 4,079 07-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,279 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
Rainbow [NEED HELP] Player models. Import to blender, export to xonotic. Snekky 1 3,645 04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] Texture problems in MD3 exported models (Quake 3) xLuca91x 9 6,592 03-31-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: xLuca91x
  Renamon & Krystal player models MirceaKitsune 37 59,630 12-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mario