Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WIP] Weapon Models

(02-24-2011, 12:12 PM)sputnik Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 01:08 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: Now firstly I need to ask sputnik if he is willing to use this one for the crylink or lg. It seems to be intended for the electro.

That's fine by me.
Here are some screenshots of the current state
[Image: jk3zuddqhag3xrvn3jv_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 53g8hr13h85ysjib0bp_thumb.jpg]

*fap fap*

I think it would work best for the crylink.
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

You're telling me the fireball is still in Xonotic?

I thought that was removed.

nope its still there as a BFG/superweapon. This is not the place to discuss it either so that conversation ends here. If someone wants they can start a thread about removing the fireball.

(02-22-2011, 05:04 AM)Sir Emeth Mimetes Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 11:39 AM)RaptorFX Wrote: The machine gun looks also very strong. I wonder why it has a grip under the grip ^^
Maybe this should be removed.

P'raps 'cause it is an alien gun for an alien with three hands. * shrugs * An idea.

Very good, all!

[Image: winner_2.png]

Yes.. that does xplain that mysterious thing too!

Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Thanks to LJFHutch
Latest sniper rifle concept - new scope.
[Image: 20110121xonoticsniperri.th.jpg]

I will update original post with both this and minstanex.

MinstaNex is coming along nicely. The scope is very techy.

The sniperrifle concept doesn't appear to have a place for a clip. I think a little more bulk on the front might make it look more powerful. Or are we removing the clip? Smile

(02-22-2011, 09:31 AM)theShadow Wrote: i dont know what the second grip is for. LJHutch added it in some concept art so i added it to the model cause it looks cool.

I did put foreward that maybe its where the clip is loaded (like it folds down and the clip is loaded horizontally)
Yes it looks cool.
I had another thought, but it would change more than this weapon(model). Imagine a blade under the first grip. A blade like a bayonet.
For more imagination I've found this picture of a weapon from Gears of War 3. Instead of the saw blade I would like to see a normal blade.

Exclamation Of course this would mean the machine gun would have a melee attack. Now you certainly think: "one moment please, the shotgun has already has a melee damage!", but what if we would change this? and give the machine gun this option?
Damn now I know where I saw this too. Xonotic's rival use the same idea *blubb*

Now to the first person picture of the fireball:
It is really big. After i saw the side view concept i imagined that the middle part of the weapon isn't so large. The middle part (where the pipes are) seems so clumsy i would scale it down a bit. But I agree to the argument that a devastating weapon should look mighty.

LG or Electro weaponmodel:
Very impressive! Now i am really unsure what weapon would fit best with this model Lightning Gun or Electro?

(02-24-2011, 12:23 PM)Sir Emeth Mimetes Wrote: Awesomeness. I would like it to be more... worn and less clean, but I like the coloring. As it is an electric gun, I would also suggest lines down which energy would pulse while at rest and then which would intensify when firing.

I think you should try it with glowing and pulsating parts like he said. The grey areas surrounded by the brighter frame seems to be optimal for that.

(02-27-2011, 11:18 AM)nowego4 Wrote: MinstaNex is coming along nicely. The scope is very techy.

The sniperrifle concept doesn't appear to have a place for a clip. I think a little more bulk on the front might make it look more powerful. Or are we removing the clip? Smile

Ammo is placed in the rear of the weapon - butt-stock. You can see the bolt there. Inspired by a modernization kit of the Soviet SKS (which used stripper mags).

(02-20-2011, 11:39 AM)RaptorFX Wrote: The machine gun looks also very strong. I wonder why it has a grip under the grip ^^
Maybe this should be removed.

I wouldn't call that thing a grip. The weapon looks similar to the Butcher Bay/Dark Athena assault rifles. In those games that thing also had a flash light in it and was also used by guards and mercs to melee someone. It also looked like it could put some serious weight on the front of the weapon, making it easier to stabilize (the recoil of the Riddick AR hinted at this) while it's firing.

Also about the rival's machine gun. While they probably got the idea from Gears as that's a more recent/popular/mainstream game, it actually more closely resembles the Skedar Mauler from Perfect Dark. That weapon wasn't automatic, but it was a devastating handgun that also had a knife edge on the magazine, implying that it could easily be used to slash (though it didn't have this function in the game, the secondary allowed you to charge it with additional ammo) someone if a bash type attack was done.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Very wonderful... I love them all! (especially the Electro one Heart )

Would be happy if you could also include the one for the shotgun however, that I continued a few weeks ago. Here are some good screenshots of it: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...9#pid21529 The texture is not fully ready, otherwise the model should be fine.

^^ it should at least be mentioned, even if we aren't sure about it yet. Needs more popularity so we can get public opinion. I was about to suggest it here myself.

@LJFHutch, I know it's a bullpup, but the problem is the stock area is usually mostly covered up by player's arm, also default FOV is only 90 degrees which doesn't show much of that.

Updated original post to include shotgun cannon by lamoot and mirceakitsune (still a wip on texture). It was intended to be a shotgun by lamoot. I still think it can be used as a shotgun, but I will leave this up for discussion right now.

Thanks very much Smile I really hope that shotgun model will receive attention too, as there's no one else around to continue the texture for it at this moment.

I think the shotgun model definitely needs to be less rounded in the back. Right now it has a very strong resemblance to a blow dryer, which isn't exactly all that shotgunish. Perhaps more blockiness?
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

that is what i never liked about that model, it is way too round. it should look like something you kill people with, and not like a water gun or a blow dryer Smile

Hehe, I'm the other way around then Tongue What I like most about that model is how round it is. As IMO, Xonotic needs more round and detailed models (or models with round parts), and roundness gives a modern feel. But still, I don't think much can be done about the mesh design at this point anyway.

(03-01-2011, 11:01 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: Hehe, I'm the other way around then Tongue What I like most about that model is how round it is. As IMO, Xonotic needs more round and detailed models (or models with round parts), and roundness gives a modern feel. But still, I don't think much can be done about the mesh design at this point anyway.

In my opinion only weapons with really fancy functions such as the electro, lightning gun, and crylink should really look like that. If you take a look at most real life guns from just about any era, you'd see that the most widely issued ones were as straight forward as possible and built mostly for function. From what I've seen, the concepts have nailed that perfectly, with the shotgun cannon looking only a little out of place, almost like one of the energy shotguns from Armored Core 3.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(03-02-2011, 02:12 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(03-01-2011, 11:01 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: Hehe, I'm the other way around then Tongue What I like most about that model is how round it is. As IMO, Xonotic needs more round and detailed models (or models with round parts), and roundness gives a modern feel. But still, I don't think much can be done about the mesh design at this point anyway.

In my opinion only weapons with really fancy functions such as the electro, lightning gun, and crylink should really look like that. If you take a look at most real life guns from just about any era, you'd see that the most widely issued ones were as straight forward as possible and built mostly for function. From what I've seen, the concepts have nailed that perfectly, with the shotgun cannon looking only a little out of place, almost like one of the energy shotguns from Armored Core 3.

We should indulge a bit though. I like F-zero games because they're futuristic and fun to play, it doesn't bother me if the vehicles couldn't exist in real life. Same with weapons.

Think the crylink looks great by the way. Nice one sputnik!

High-poly of sniper rifle by LJFHutch:
[Image: 493tj2b799snm6a5c8f3_thumb.jpg]

I will update in original post as well.

wow. that LJ Hutch is quite a fellow, isn't he? :p
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Nice!

Here's a comparison of the current model state to the concept art:

[Image: xonoticsniperriflemdl10.th.jpg]

The model is still in pieces until I've finished the texture work so some parts are a bit strange - a few objects are behind others unlike the gun should be etc.

Any news on the new weapons and if any are available for download yet? Especially that Electro model... been waiting to try it out for weeks Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,709 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Editing Pick-Up Models NoClue 3 1,135 11-25-2022, 06:17 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,048 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  List of Free/GPL Models & Programs AllegedlyDead 7 14,249 10-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dares
  How to import Weapon Models? NoClue 6 3,416 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Julius
Brick New Shotgun and Uzi models MirceaKitsune 6 4,079 07-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,278 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
Rainbow [NEED HELP] Player models. Import to blender, export to xonotic. Snekky 1 3,645 04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] Texture problems in MD3 exported models (Quake 3) xLuca91x 9 6,592 03-31-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: xLuca91x
  Renamon & Krystal player models MirceaKitsune 37 59,629 12-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mario