Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WIP] Weapon Models

very, very nice.

@theShadow's lightning gun: Looks like a glowing Lewis gun.

Not that that's bad or anything.

(05-14-2011, 10:41 AM)Exitium Wrote: Just wondering aloud... Could we replace current old models with the new (finished) ones, even though they have no textures? This should motivate people to make textures for these weapons when they see them in action, but still untextured...

Don't take me completely seriously, I'm just thinking.

That would be cool, as that would also give the players a better idea of what's going on and get them excited about the game's development progress.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(05-16-2011, 04:08 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(05-14-2011, 10:41 AM)Exitium Wrote: Just wondering aloud... Could we replace current old models with the new (finished) ones, even though they have no textures? This should motivate people to make textures for these weapons when they see them in action, but still untextured...

Don't take me completely seriously, I'm just thinking.

That would be cool, as that would also give the players a better idea of what's going on and get them excited about the game's development progress.
Yes, and reminds that "Xonotic is still in developement"

I agree with this too Smile.

We could even set up a vote as to whether we should replace the older weapons with these ones or not.

Minstanex concept by LJFHutch:
[Image: 0jz06zhv64jvckbmq6_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 2yylw4z7k3ztyhnulrz_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 85yxvcmpn2u7owtsvmgo_thumb.jpg]

awesome. glad to know that guy's still around.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(07-11-2011, 01:02 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: Minstanex concept by LJFHutch:
[Image: 0jz06zhv64jvckbmq6_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 2yylw4z7k3ztyhnulrz_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 85yxvcmpn2u7owtsvmgo_thumb.jpg]

Not bad at all! Big Grin

WOW, some very cool weapons! Big Grin
SAVAGE
[Image: SavageFinal-1.jpg]

Could you post some downloads for these so we can back them up for you.

(09-24-2011, 02:46 AM)XonoxSeven Wrote: Could you post some downloads for these so we can back them up for you.

I'd appreciate that too, so we can also try them out. I know the Fireball model is on a GIT branch somewhere, since I tried it out.

I'm honestly worried about these weapons however. Mostly because, some have been here for a long time... but no one seems to be accepting them yet. Not sure if that's because no one can finish them and we lack artists, but I find this slightly odd.

Also. I tried contacting Sputnik for that Electro model months ago (other users did too), but he seems to have disappeared. The model was not posted, so that's one we can prolly say goodbye to Confused What a great model it would have been.

I know Soelen at least was working on the RL. He was texturing it. Wether he is still working on it? I don't know, ask him, he is always in #dear @quakenet.

Any updates on the weapons front?

not atm. our texture artists has disappeared again. I made a new model for the machinegun that I posted in screenshots of what you are doing, but I'll post it here again.
[Image: machinegunfinal-1.png]

Imgur Gallery

I really love how that machinegun is looking! Hope it will be ready soon Big Grin

I agree, it looks pretty cool. Is it UV-mapped already and you you plan to make a high-poly version of it for normalmap baking?

Edit: btw since it includes a "screen"... does Xonotic support displaying game variables on in-game items?

Here's the progress on the weapon skins so far. These are four paint-overs showing various possible textures, they're not super refined yet but I just wanted to get an idea of the best direction to go in. 3 and 3b are just experiments with camouflage textures, 3b being a digital camo similar to what the US Army fields today. Favourites? Suggestions?

[Image: 20120120xonoticmachingu.jpg]

[Image: 20120120xonoticmachingur.jpg]

Wow! Looks amazing! 3b is my favourite though I think 1 fits better the game.

Good job! Smile

Extremely hard to choose from. The first two concepts look consistent with the Nex and Minstanex while 3 and 3b just look kick ass. I really like the look of 3, but I think 3b would probably be the best one to go with. *flips coin* 3b gets my vote.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I like version 1 most, I just love the design direction of the minsta nex very much and that one would just about fit into the same direction without copying it. It looks like clean technical design, something I'd expect from any weapon that's not some freaky alien stuff. Could you maybe also indicate which areas are for representing the player colors?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

aye I was just thinking that: remember what texture will be the player colors. also, remember that one of the player colors is a glow texture, so try and work that into the design.

Imgur Gallery

I like 2 ... Its more colorful ....

But what would be rally nice is that when a weapon spawns it picks randomly from a bunch of skins... this could be used so not every weapon you pick up is shiny and new, maybe it will be dusty, or scratched up... ... ...

I would say No 2 is the way to go.

Camouflage textures are pretty much a no go for computer games as their whole purpose is to look visually noisy and thus break up 3D shapes and confuse the eye. Besides that, texture compression will make a mess out of it at anything but the highest settings and very close up views.

I'd go with 1 or 2, try to match it up with the nex which has pretty good texturing Smile
Awesome work, btw

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,709 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Editing Pick-Up Models NoClue 3 1,135 11-25-2022, 06:17 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,048 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  List of Free/GPL Models & Programs AllegedlyDead 7 14,249 10-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dares
  How to import Weapon Models? NoClue 6 3,416 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Julius
Brick New Shotgun and Uzi models MirceaKitsune 6 4,079 07-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,278 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
Rainbow [NEED HELP] Player models. Import to blender, export to xonotic. Snekky 1 3,645 04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] Texture problems in MD3 exported models (Quake 3) xLuca91x 9 6,592 03-31-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: xLuca91x
  Renamon & Krystal player models MirceaKitsune 37 59,629 12-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mario