Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WIP] Weapon Models

I don't know what everybody's on about, I just love the new laser.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Haha, same Big Grin

New concept for the machine gun.
* Modular optics
* Front iron-sights
* Realigned barrel

[Image: 20120120xonoticmachingu.jpg]
[Image: 20120120xonoticmachingu.jpg]

The weapon looks so bad ass, I can literally feel it's weight, hear the deep voices as it goes boom boom boom boom, and I can imagine as it cuts a man in half in just a few shots.
Your best concept art yet, I think. Amazing job!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I'd fancy this one for the shotgun actually. Looks like a good piece of art to slap someone around with.

Again awesome work here.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

instead of just raising the barrel, could you raise the whole front section a little, to preserve the proportions?

..or maybe I can do that...
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

will the weapons be animated in the future? so many possibilities, recoiling barrels, spinning barrels, etc etc

@LJFHutch:
As said before... really nice concept! But who is now actually working on making this a in-game model? I gather we have a base model (somewhere?) and an awesome concept & concept artist, and also someone working on the model?
I am willing to update the mesh to represent the concept if needed and also UV-map it if that isn't done yet. Can you do the skin if supplied with the UV-outlines? What about the high-poly for normalmap baking? And who will do the animations?

LJHutch can texture the model as well as make concept art. He has the model, and is working on UV unwrapping it. (he made the texture for the new minstanex)

I made the models, and I have the source for them if you want.

If you are still interested in helping though, you could start UV unwrapping some of the other models?

Imgur Gallery

why am i getting a an imageshack image instead of the actual picture for most of these uploads? must i register with imageshack to view them or something?
How long is a piece of string?

What does the imageshack image say? I don't see one.

I see them just fine ... also will the modular optics do something awesome? or just be a stylish bump on the gun (dont get me wrong stylish are good things too )

(02-24-2012, 12:38 PM)theShadow Wrote: If you are still interested in helping though, you could start UV unwrapping some of the other models?

Well, I am a lazy guy and unless I get temporarily motivated for something I really like (as given with this concept) I am not really the best person to ask to work on some random model... and besides that I am currently working on a Mech model that might make it's way into Xonotic (or a mod for it) at some point.

However if you have some model that urgently needs to be UV mapped just post it here and I (or someone else) might be willing to do it Wink

Quote:will the weapons be animated in the future? so many possibilities, recoiling barrels, spinning barrels, etc etc

Yes, please.

yes, the models will be animated.

Imgur Gallery

I updated my autobuild and actually tried the new laser.... and I don't really like it that much... its front is too narrow ... Kind of like nexuiz 1.5 mortar... Its a good model ... just not for laser

Why can´t some of us see the imageshack pictures? Including me.

could it be a regional thing? what happens when you go to the url the images point to?

Imgur Gallery

I can´t go to the url at all. I get the picture of the frog in the icecube with the words "domain unregistered to view register at bit.ly/imageshack-domain" BTW I live in Colombia but when I used to live in england I got the same thing.

(01-05-2012, 06:35 PM)theShadow Wrote: not atm. our texture artists has disappeared again. I made a new model for the machinegun that I posted in screenshots of what you are doing, but I'll post it here again.
[Image: machinegunfinal-1.png]

any word on what is happening with this?

Woah, looking good. I think the machine gun would have act more like a mini-gun for this model to suit it though.

Here's the sniper rifle from a while back packed up and ready to go. I think it got lost at some point, I can't seem to get in touch with Div so I'm just dropping it here. This contains the source files and exported textures.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4hac1h14k32mkig

[Image: xonoticsniperriflemdl25.jpg]

(04-28-2012, 11:07 PM)LJFHutch Wrote: Here's the sniper rifle from a while back packed up and ready to go. I think it got lost at some point, I can't seem to get in touch with Div so I'm just dropping it here. This contains the source files and exported textures.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4hac1h14k32mkig

That sir, is an absolute beauty. Simply magnificent! Big Grin

I like the current sniper, but that one most certainly is epic!

pic please for those wanting to see what it looks like BEFORE downloading it.

Someone should make a merge request for it. I just found out I do not have the rights to do that D:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,709 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Editing Pick-Up Models NoClue 3 1,135 11-25-2022, 06:17 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,047 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  List of Free/GPL Models & Programs AllegedlyDead 7 14,241 10-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dares
  How to import Weapon Models? NoClue 6 3,416 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Julius
Brick New Shotgun and Uzi models MirceaKitsune 6 4,075 07-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,278 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
Rainbow [NEED HELP] Player models. Import to blender, export to xonotic. Snekky 1 3,643 04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] Texture problems in MD3 exported models (Quake 3) xLuca91x 9 6,590 03-31-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: xLuca91x
  Renamon & Krystal player models MirceaKitsune 37 59,626 12-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mario