Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WIP] Weapon Models

Yeah, the machine gun at the top is very similar to the assault rifle in Halo.

I'd love to see an UZI similar to that! Very much how I always imagined the model should look like. Too bad a developer wants to remove the UZI instead of adding a new gun separately, so we'll probably never have anything nice like that Sad

I thought uzi is to get remade into a chaingun?

(09-03-2012, 05:29 AM)rafallus Wrote: I thought uzi is to get remade into a chaingun?

Lighting gun, which will look entirely different and shoot a beam instead of bullets. I see no logic in a weapon like that replacing the UZI, but those who believe we should remove half of the weapons in Xonotic just so newbies can feel better when learning to play will not agree Undecided

(09-03-2012, 05:35 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 05:29 AM)rafallus Wrote: I thought uzi is to get remade into a chaingun?
I see no logic in a weapon like that replacing the UZI

Why not? It's literally the same thing without the bullet spread.

(09-03-2012, 06:10 AM)s1lencer Wrote: Why not? It's literally the same thing without the bullet spread.

They are slightly similar, but not quite. First of all the bullet spread you mentioned. Then, by default, the UZI shoots bullets every 0.125 milliseconds (each bullet dealing 14 damage). A beam would deal damage constantly and come into action nearly each server frame, dealing something around 0.01 damage each tick. If someone would set the UZI firing rate to 0.25 or so, the difference would be very noticeable.

Other than that, the beam of a phaser gun would have different properties than bullets, and many ideas can come here. For example, if you don't aim directly at a player, the beam might still arch toward them if you're looking close enough. A beam could also arch to nearby players off the player being directly hit, dealing a smaller amount of damage to them too. Also, a special feature this gun could have is that it could be used to heal / generate armor for team mates instead of damaging them, as well as to repair turrets and vehicles. A phaser gun might also overheat and react differently based on that (perhaps similar to the Nex charge). Some of those ideas might be bad, but we would likely have a beam do things differently than a bullet stream.

It's the same reason why all games in the UT series have the Pulse Gun and Minigun as two separate weapons... they aren't quite the same thing and have very different uses. I played UT for longer than Xonotic / Nexuiz, but they never felt too similar to me. Neither in Xon when the Electro had a phaser attack (the feature was soon removed unfortunately).

One thing I don't understand is why every body calls the Machine Gun UZI, which is a real life Sub Machine Gun?
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

probably 1||2 ;-)
1. uzi is a shorter word to write or say than 'machine gun'
2. uzi is pronounceable as opposed to 'mg' :-)
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(09-03-2012, 11:49 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: probably 1||2 ;-)
1. uzi is a shorter word to write or say than 'machine gun'
2. uzi is pronounceable as opposed to 'mg' :-)

You can spell mg in two syllables, much like uzi.

I guess another reason is that the internal name for the weapon is uzi:
Code:
REGISTER_WEAPON(UZI, w_uzi, IT_NAILS, 3, WEP_FLAG_NORMAL | WEP_FLAG_RELOADABLE | WEP_TYPE_HITSCAN, BOT_PICKUP_RATING_MID, "uzi", "uzi", _("Machine Gun"))
(from w_uzi.qc) so the entity name is weapon_uzi. That means mappers refer to it as uzi, as well as developers.

The new Crylink seems to have textures, why isen't it in autobuild? Smile

[Image: 1Z6n6cRi29M2GGafLxwmEh]

what model are you referring to?

If you are talking about this one ... I believe it was lost ... and all attempts to contact the author failed ...

http://www.pics.nexuizninjaz.com/viewer....jib0bp.jpg

(11-12-2012, 12:00 PM)hutty Wrote: what model are you referring to?

If you are talking about this one ... I believe it was lost ... and all attempts to contact the author failed ...

http://www.pics.nexuizninjaz.com/viewer....jib0bp.jpg

That's a damn shame... Sad

Not good enough. Make more attempts at resuming contact with them. That's a GOOD model.

I wasn't the one trying to contact him/her ....
Its just what I've heard ... (probably from the other pages of this topic)

the model doesn’t really fit the game's aesthetic well IMO. better not to use it.

I wish that amazing Electro model could be released, but sadly I see no hope Sad Best weapon model I saw so far...

Wow, that's really sad, I hope the author find its way back to Xonotic....

So what about the other models showcased early in this thread? If there are no plans for finalizing them, could the meshes be uploaded to www.opengameart.org at least?

that would have to be done by the original authors

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,709 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Editing Pick-Up Models NoClue 3 1,135 11-25-2022, 06:17 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,047 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  List of Free/GPL Models & Programs AllegedlyDead 7 14,241 10-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dares
  How to import Weapon Models? NoClue 6 3,416 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Julius
Brick New Shotgun and Uzi models MirceaKitsune 6 4,077 07-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,278 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
Rainbow [NEED HELP] Player models. Import to blender, export to xonotic. Snekky 1 3,643 04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] Texture problems in MD3 exported models (Quake 3) xLuca91x 9 6,590 03-31-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: xLuca91x
  Renamon & Krystal player models MirceaKitsune 37 59,626 12-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mario