Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony may end up getting curb-stomped (again) this handheld generation

3DS VS NGP. Both systems are confirmed, both are going to be reasonably priced, and Sony is going to have the upper hand in the hardware category. Unfortunately, the more powerful hardware is already acting as a double-edged sword. We already know that Nintendo has some explosive games announced for their system, including definitive (best!) versions of Super Street Fighter 4, Ocarina of Time, and possibly Snake Eater. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Sony, due to the NGP having too much power, it's clear that developer's don't see much incentive to develop specifically for the platform and instead seem to be focusing on making ports (ports are OK as long as they are just as good if not better than their original releases, unfortunately that wasn't the case with the PSP and it's not looking that way for the NGP) of games that play better on other platforms, one such game being Uncharted. To top that off the most original things I saw in Sony's video were spin-offs of already existing games (something that killed the PSP, most of these ended up finding their way onto the PS2 with enhancements, Twisted Metal: Head On was one such game) and casual bullshit. As a gamer with at least a handful of systems from every era (I've even had the privilege to screw around with a Magnavox Oddysee once), I always make sure that when I pick up a game, it's either the best version or the only version, and I don't enjoy constantly playing spin-offs as they usually lack originality and just recycle a tired formula. Hopefully I'm wrong about all of this, and someone FINALLY puts Nintendo in their place (something I was hoping would happen with the Game Gear and later the Neo Geo Pocket) and hopefully Sony will wake up and see that it's games that make a system, not pretty specs, but sadly this is not looking to be the case. It still a possibility though, the PS3 did turn out to be a good "what if" story for the Sega Saturn.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I miss the link to the webshop, spambot fail?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Sony is better off making home consoles, apparently. The NGP should have a Metal Gear game, like the OOT for 3DS. However, the superior hardware also equals higher price.
I also wouldn't mind NGP coming with a GTA game (they sold PSP pretty well). However, things start to look grim for Sony on portable consoles market IMHO.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Too many inferior ports and lame spin offs in my opinion. Sure the DS had ports and spin offs, but they were definitive versions of classic games (Chrono Trigger, Pokemon Gold/Silver, Final Fantasy, etc.) most of the time or spin offs of series we don't see a whole lot of (Phantasy Star). Sony needs to get it together their handheld systems as the PS3 is about to hit it's peak and then spend the rest of the generation dying off with the 360 as more people migrate to PC (I have a theory and evidence on this, but is too long to post).

@ Pink Robot

Damn, spam fail lol This is actually from what I've seen, this isn't copypasta ripped from an article.

Oh wait.

i heard from a very unreliable source that the commodore 64 is comming out.

:^

(02-24-2011, 09:13 AM)chooksta Wrote: i heard from a very unreliable source that the commodore 64 is comming out.

that will be the end of gaming as we know it
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

thank god! , its about time we did some real work!

and met some hawt ladies... , maybe even a make over....

chicks still like star wars t-shirts right?

?

(02-24-2011, 09:17 AM)chooksta Wrote: thank god! , its about time we did some real work!
#

Yea i know the C64 might crush small games like xonotic. Hopefully we reach a point, which makes use able to survive the C64

(02-24-2011, 09:17 AM)chooksta Wrote: chicks still like star wars t-shirts right?

http://cdn.babble.com/famecrawler/wp-con...review.jpg yeah of course! even megan fox does
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

how about run dmc t-shirts?
chicks like them?

(02-24-2011, 09:32 AM)chooksta Wrote: how about run dmc t-shirts?
chicks like them?

according to google, yes Rolleyes

then i say say this is the most successfull forum thingo in the whole forum (thingo)

good job guys!

it seems like we reached a whole new level of success here

I heard the Amiga was just going to revolutionize everything. Like not even Apple's Macintosh line can touch it.

Oh wait.

I want 3d Wii with goggles and microphone. And power rangers. Lots and lots of bright pink power rangers.

Called it a year ago and so far my prediction is coming true, much faster than I thought it would I might add.

>According to a poll 10% of Kotaku's PS Vita users are reporting failure
http://kotaku.com/5878372/poll-10-percen...e-failures

>Developers already jumping ship.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/40335...sponds.php

>80k units planned for France, they slashed it down to 40k
http://www.playportable-live.com/news-ps...40179.html

>Major Australian retailers refusing to stock the Vita altogether, so as not to waste valuable shelf space.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/336...k-ps-vita/

>BONUS!!! Sony has more competition to worry about now because SNK is making a successor to the Neo Geo Pocket Color and bundling 20 games with it including some high-profile classics
http://www.gamesradar.com/neo-geo-gettin...-handheld/

Oh wait.

PinkRobot called it a year ago, here are your links Pinko.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Away again Mario 5 5,347 05-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Halogene
  Sinister: Just getting the word out. anark10n 4 4,956 02-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Last Post: cvcxc
  I'm building a handheld game system! JayWalker 8 10,113 08-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Last Post: JayWalker
Thumbs Down YouTube is crapping up... AGAIN Minkovsky 5 6,833 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Last Post: hutty
  Finally got around to uploading this... again. Liquid Sin 8 9,067 05-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste
  I DO DECLARE: My Xonotic is working again! Minkovsky 2 3,351 04-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Last Post: clanclanclan
  The face of PC gaming may change DRASTICALLY in the near future Lee_Stricklin 13 20,631 10-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Friskydingo
Star img.xonotic.org Infected again Silica Gel: Do Not Eat 7 7,333 09-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Silica Gel: Do Not Eat