Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nexball maps HELP needed [Update March 7th]

Im willing to re/make several nexball maps for xonotic, so that there are enough and the mapper can focus on other game modes. The disadvantage of nexball maps is that they cant be properly used in other game modes, so its not like runningman where have like 10 game modes.

Anyway my goal is to get at least 4 more maps ready, so the nexball maps are a section, no one needs to care about for a long time.

So what where your favorite nexball maps in nexuiz?
Do you have any good idea for map layouts?

- throwable and kickable balls are possible
- more then 1 ball is possible (but more then 200 balls are too much)
- weapons are also possible

So what do you say?

First suggestion:
<SavageX cortez666, you may be interested to hear that Team Fortress Classic has a gamemode quite similar to our soccer thingie>
<SavageX cortez666, http://www.hlportal.de/images/content/tf...s/push.jpg <-- that'd be the official map for that>
<SavageX looked like http://www.tfportal.de/image.php?img=gfx.../push1.jpg>
<SavageX the twist with that map: The straight path is only viable for players belonging to the base's team>
<SavageX (there are lasers that fries enemies, blocking the straight path)>
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I really liked the map with the slime pit in the middle, with the ball dispenser that opened for one team or the other. Not sure if it was just called "slimeball" or not, and can't find out since the main site I used to get maps from, ninjaz, just kills the connection each time I try to visit it now. Also liked the indoor basketball and the cool cell-shaded volleyball court with 3 holes to pass the ball through.

I don't have any bright ideas about map layouts. More intricate maps with hallways and slopes might be interesting, a la UT2004's large bombing run maps.

i assume you mean this map.
[Image: 8yhejtel8gzg98v4mw2_thumb.jpg]
My goal is to make maps ready for Xonotic and im sure slimeball wont reach a certain quality level.

Yeah sev's cybervolley would be a good map it just needs a few changes. Regarding bigger maps, SavageX suggestion which i added to the first post is quiet good. One bigger map for nexball wont be wrong, but i doubt there wont be many matches on it.

(03-01-2011, 08:14 AM)node357 Wrote: I don't have any bright ideas about map layouts.
You told me something about the maps you like, thats already helpful.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I think easy and small layouts are better to play on for nexball Tongue

Is there a possibility to use more than 2 goals?
I thought about a little layout for a map with 4 goals (4 teams would be intresting), with the map using 2 balls.

Here the simple layout Wink
[Image: Layout1es05l.jpg]

(03-01-2011, 11:11 AM)Debugger Wrote: Is there a possibility to use more than 2 goals?
I thought about a little layout for a map with 4 goals (4 teams would be intresting), with the map using 2 balls.

Here the simple layout Wink
[Image: Layout1es05l.jpg]

Yes more then 2 goals are possible and 4 teams are also possible.
i guess this map is pretty close to layout suggestion http://rm.endoftheinternet.org/~nexuiz/m...c_v1r1.pk3

Ok first map is done.

i remade Grasshoppers its_mayaball map.

This is how it looked before:
[Image: 12hr1ndmsx5yaocuex_thumb.jpg]
This is how it looks now:
[Image: 8vuehe53znuasu8tcaud_thumb.jpg]

Here is teh download link:
http://ompldr.org/vN3A4bg/marsball.pk3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Opium update SpiKe 1 331 12-29-2023, 08:38 PM
Last Post: anoob
  Evilspace 2 [UPDATE] Cortez666 30 31,664 02-11-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: cushinga
  [MAPS] Sketchy Maps _para 4 3,997 08-18-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  xonotic-maps-extra.pk3 - Most Duel Cup maps and removed official maps in one pk3 northivanastan 1 3,713 06-20-2018, 09:41 AM
Last Post: northivanastan
  [NEED HELP] need help bluehair 1 6,589 04-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [DM]8-bit Arena DM NEXBALL CTF CuBe0wL 18 16,509 01-28-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Colton
  Imogen BETA3 UPDATE! kay 43 38,423 05-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Last Post: fabzor3
  [CTF] Space Base [NEW UPDATE] kay 44 49,696 06-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SouL
  TempleCity Beta 2 (Update) _para 6 8,603 08-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Mario
  Mapping guide help Cortez666 9 8,954 03-05-2013, 04:38 AM