Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Xonotic Trailer

Heh, Rage, I think its about a team for creating the xonotic trailer Wink

In my mind there were a few players who wanted to begin the work when the beta is out... Tongue

Guys, I have some cool news Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1mV3ELDYs&feature=sub

what about that?^^ Justin makes videos of xonotic/nexuiz thats his latest production. indeed cool Wink

(10-21-2010, 01:07 PM)Debugger Wrote: Guys, I have some cool news Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1mV3ELDYs&feature=sub

what about that?^^ Justin makes videos of xonotic/nexuiz thats his latest production. indeed cool Wink
Really nice.
I'll would add custom xonotic font, In-game sound, more aggressive music.
But nice trailer.
Awesome, did Qz show you that ?
Nexuiz : I Reach the top5 of the ladder (even top3 I guess). Top1 French for quite some time (when active) of ladder. Top5 of some tournaments (if I remember well)

[/quote]
Really nice.
I'll would add custom xonotic font, In-game sound, more aggressive music.
But nice trailer.
[/quote]

Better musik fo sho... Nickelback anyone?
Internets. Serious Business.

I would ask the dev's (once they know when xonotic would be released) to give video editor's like a few weeks atleast notice so they could record stuff, maybe ask for a few things that have to be in a trailer, anyway, let people make video's and then let the Dev's pick the one's they think are the best for the release, for example there might be one trailer that shows a variety of things like menu, weapons, models, and one that is more in the style of a trailer building up dramatic moments with just frags/gameplay etc.

Either way, I think it's better to let everyone have a go who wants too at creating something, this way you get more video's and better productions.

I would have a go but all my time is spent on either poker and my nexrun production which is going to take sometime to edit as i'm hoping to make it one of the best video's released for nexuiz/xonotic so I don't think i'll have time to make something unfortunately Sad
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(10-29-2010, 06:21 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Either way, I think it's better to let everyone have a go who wants too at creating something, this way you get more video's and better productions.

i agree with kojn.
ur arguments are logical for me and im impressed by justinĀ“s video. i enjoyed wachting it.
i hope we ll see more of those vids soonWink

How about a snapshot-trailer from the current phase of developement, to advertise that its an open-source project free to participate for anyone, and let know this way that we are looking for developers, testers, mappers, modellers etc.?

i will approve anything Franco says Big Grin btw franco you have a pm Smile

FraNcoTirAdoR: i hope you post the link here so i can insert it on my blog, because i will write an article about xonotic maybe i will get some attention from romanian players. Smile

Though i don't think i can do one alone (it would take forever and it wouldn't have the same quality as if it was made by a team) i am available to help any team who wants to build a trailer Wink

Cheers
Hellgardia

this video is indeed cool, however the texts had a boring font and the only bot inteligence I belive in is in BOT clan, not in xonotic's bots Tongue

Also something about warpzones which you can shoot throught would be nice. I'm not sure, but I think it is pissible to nex your own ass in minideck throught warpzone, if not, I can make a demo map with something like that Smile

I'm not going to even attempt a trailer (I wouldn't know how) but lets show people what makes Xonotic different than other FPS games that are free. There are a few.

Oh and I like the video, just touch up the grammer or wording in the text.

I haven't mapped with warpzones, but if I understand correctly they cannot be visible from each other.

Video on Glowplant's warpzones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOrUJsg7D...ideo_title