Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
music requirement list

hello ,

may the music developers have a direction/list , so we can make our craft to?

ive noticed that the sound file in the (er.. n word) is large

, so there seems to be alot of work to do.

help!!!

:^

Huh? The larger the .ogg, the better the quality, though 128kbps should suffice. What do you mean? I think we just make music at random. If a song is posted, it can be used anywhere. It's more or less a contribution style organization.

fps games and music = FAIL.

First thing I do in FPS games is disabling ingame music.

Of course, if you get agreement from Killswitch Engage, Behemoth and InFlames to have their music - everything will change for me Wink

It's preference. I enjoy the music when it fits the maps theme(and isn't annoying Big Grin ). A friend of mine likes to turn the music off to help him focus.

(03-27-2010, 06:21 PM)koruptor Wrote: fps games and music = FAIL.

Of course, if you get agreement from Killswitch Engage, Behemoth and InFlames to have their music - everything will change for me Wink

I totally disagree. Music is a very important aspect of the game. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer. Most of the players leave the music on. Think of the majority Smile

Plus, why not have cool tracks with the game/maps? If you don't like them, turn the music off.

* vaan remembers old nexuiz title
.. i think it was 2.4 *shiver*
[?] - #kwestion @quakenet

If music fits to the map or to the game, it can be very nice! Smile

Yeah, the old music was very fine... Would like to hear something in that way again in Xonotic Tongue

(03-27-2010, 06:21 PM)koruptor Wrote: fps games and music = FAIL.

Pirate all if InFlames music before Reroute To Remain. They themselves don't care about it, they even said that they'd never play it again the last time I saw them. Yes, thats right, no more Colony, Whoracle or Jester Race at any In Flames shows anymore. Frieden is such a tool. The only cool guy left in In Flames is Stromblad, and I give him more credit for his time with Hammerfall.

Woah, sorry about the rant. Doku keeps pointing me in the direction of Professor Kliq's music. He's a pretty cool dude from Chicago who likes the D&B and breakbeats. I dunno if he's ever played thegamethatmustnotbenamed though.
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

Something like "Let the Bodies Hit the floor" - Drowning Pool...but more friendly like "Let the pickles hit the floor"...

Guys I've started a more organized approach to the subject here, please let's continue there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,302 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,193 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,805 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,152 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,107 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,610 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,051 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,717 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,972 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy