Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
WHAT A SAD SAD THING , BOOOO!

right , i just heard/read that our awesome vid maker/interviewers work does not qualify for front page to this site and because its based on the old game and not the new.

devs..... guys... seriously...

at risk of being hated (but i have toi say this , sorry)

this is a pathetic lamo arrougant stuck up thingo.

antibodys interview stuff is gold to us , his work is needed , i want him to continue his work , alot of community people would agree (prove me wrong by a poll)

just because its the old game...

SO F,,KING WHAT.

the game is just a game , its people here we are talking about , you know this.

we have roots from old game , and i dont mean illfailics , that game is ours , regardless of some legal crap written down on some fast food place mat.

seriously crap like this makes me want to puke and walk from my efforts too.

put his work up for the world too see now , then maybe when all final detalis have been sorted for new game , then if we ask nicely, antibody will remake them , start from scratch, but its your move first , not his.

prove your commitment to the community now.

(btw , he dosent have to remake my interview , idm)

im directing this to all involved , and as i regard you all as friends, i can say this honestly to you all.

pardon me if this is a er... flame war thingo , its not.

btw if ive gone too far with this post , then if asked i will quit and leave peacefully and not involve or cause trouble , you have my word.

t

:^

Based on the old game? I thought they were based on Xonotic
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Antibody and I went over this on IRC. I was under the impression we were waiting for a Xonotic based interview with Samual before publishing these on the homepage. The videos have all be favorited on the Xonotic Youtube account.

No one is hating on Nexuiz or these interviews, they are great interviews. However, it's important that we don't widen the confusion between Nexuiz and Xonotic. Posting a whole bunch of Nexuiz interviews on the Xonotic homepage can be misleading. I'm requesting a single Xonotic interview to post these to the homepage, otherwise I believe it's a step in the wrong direction.

Just to reiterate, these videos are all favorited on the Xonotic Youtube channel.

I don't think it was anyone's intent to explicitly snub me. I certainly don't feel that way! I understood the reasoning behind not putting nexuiz-related stuff up. I made my vids and people enjoyed them - it was a fun experience for all involved! That being said, I'm not likely to be doing any more because the time involved versus the number of views they get are just not worth it. I have a family to take care of and I'm also involved in some development stuff for the project (which I greatly enjoy).

I don't want anyone to harbor bad feelings about this situation. I have nothing but respect for the devs and the community as a whole. I'm just trying to make as big of an impact as I can on this project given my limited time.

As for what's next, I don't know. If I see the time/public impact ratio is more balanced out and I can make more of an impact by keeping up w/ the vids then I certainly will. Right now I don't see that situation happening, so my time will go towards working on database stuff for the project (I'm a DBA). What I can say is that Samual's interview is still in the queue to get made and published. He's a busy guy and is off doing other awesome things at the moment, so I can't give you all a timeline on that.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

/offtopic Its booo chooksta, one less o ; ) /offtopic

i would like to apologise to -z- , sorry mate,
i guess i didnt get all the facts to begin with , so a big error on my behalf.
i should of done this better , but i still think they should be put up , regardless...
that sed , what -z- thinks is more correct , and i agree.

im going to take a massive step away from the forum for a while , but i will still appear and play the games
and ill be on irc now and then
just no forum stuff.
also im going to suspend any projects im doing currently , not because of this topic , but in light of some buissiness thingos and some personal stuff , so my life is getting a bit of a make over right now. (sorry to them guys that im involved with , in projects , im really really sorry)

anyway its not like i did that much Smile

t

(03-09-2011, 06:43 AM)chooksta Wrote: im going to take a massive step away from the forum for a while , but i will still appear and play the games
and ill be on irc now and then
just no forum stuff.
also im going to suspend any projects im doing currently , not because of this topic , but in light of some buissiness thingos and some personal stuff , so my life is getting a bit of a make over right now. (sorry to them guys that im involved with , in projects , im really really sorry)

anyway its not like i did that much Smile

t

Hope all is well with you and your family. Take your time to properly sort out whatever there is to sort out business-wise or personally.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!