• 6 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Xoylent

Tada Big Grin

[Image: 7z2icj6cx2e3ottava5_thumb.jpg][Image: zacrichtn9e4c8u02t_thumb.jpg]
[Image: h87m38iy8vcas957nyp_thumb.jpg][Image: 7sbf4dd4rnzjg30xbngl_thumb.jpg]

BSP only
Full version

Some thanks:
Thanks to Strahlemann of course, for Soylent and your motivating feedback.
Thanks to divVerent and FruitieX for your help with the organizational issues.
Thanks to Tenshihan for donating many great sounds to Nex/Xonotic. Most (if not all) Xoylent ambient sounds are based on them.

Yes. EPIC!!

THIS GETS MY APPROVAL Big Grin

More like, we should release a new beta just for this! Big Grin
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

LIKE WOOOAAAAAHHHH!
Epic work sir, and touché Wink
I had a look around, movement is nice and tight.
And so well lit, ok, Ima go look in radiant, I can't tell what is modelled and what isn't.
Thanks chap for making this, it's just superb.
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Smile love it, Sev. very well done!

wow having tested it out (not only looking at screenshots) i really have no words for how awesome this is. Smile

great job sev!

So much attention to detail! at first I was telling myself, why isn't there more in the 3d skybox? (happy to add more if wanted), but its actually great without!!
Can really see the time and effort you have put in!
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

Words? has I, !no

Awesome.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Thanks guys Big Grin

The autobuilt lightmap is slightly different from "my" one, I'll look into that.

The reason why there aren't more asteroids in the skybox is that I was very careful about the total number of triangles.
Right now it's almost exactly 1000 for the skybox asteroids.

A small hint: Try to shoot the asteroids which are flying around...
And of course there's also a secret place, you know me Tongue
If you don't know the login data, think of which people are most likely to have access to all areas, and what their respective connection is to the map.

wow mad props for the easter egg, that's pretty well hidden Wink

That teleporter is soooo awesome.... All teleporters in the game need to work like this, love the charging up sound and the *woosh* at the end Big Grin
Imagine something like that in a single player campaign of Xonotic, where you'd have to e.g. fight off zombies while also activating the tele, and if you stand outside of the tele when it would warp you then you gotta initiate another charge and wait longer, while more zombies attack. Big Grin

Awesome work. Wink
And the secret room is very cool. Smile

An awesome remake of an awesome map.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Words fail me. It's always reasonable to save hyperbole until you really need it, but I think hyperbole isn't really applicable anymore to describe this due to logical limitations.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Woah

Finally we can play it :]
Gj!

Very very cool.

I don't see the teleporter people speak of... ?

everyone has said how amazing this is, and I concur, however there is one thing you could improve.

there is a ledge across from the nex platform that it seems like it would be possible to stand on, however there is a clip brush blocking it. I'm ok with not allowing the player to stand there, however you should put some sort of visual reason why they cannot.

also, did you make the textured you used for this map? will I ever be able to use them for my own maps?
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I found the entrance into the teleporter, but I don't really know what to make of that "Restricted access" message. Nice easter egg though.

On the map itself: GJ, especially on the textures. At first I thought the boards wouldn't fit but they go pretty well. I do have to say that I had to turn my graphics down to "medium" to play it. Nice work in keeping the old layout intact. It'll take me a while to re-learn all the trickjumps. On clipping: It looks like you should be able to go under the stairs by the mortar, but you can't. No big deal, just FYI.

You're a wizard.

The clips under the stairs and opposite the nex have a very simple reason: backward compatibility.
I can try to add more restrictions to these areas, or could simply give up compatibility and open them, they shouldn't offer any advantages. Added to the revision list.

The textures I made don't have propper heightmaps (i.e. they don't have any), and I doubt it is possible to make correct ones. The textures just have too many layers and too thin edges. Lesson learned.

Performance wise, it should get the same performance as glowplant, at least on my system it does (based on timedemos with/without bots).

i can't figure out the password. I tried like 20 times.
I looked in the .map, and found all the code for them, interesting.. but i can't
figure it out, does this means I can't keep my black hat?
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

just a little chalked surface i found on the supporting beam near to rl. just thought u'd like to texture it like the others Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

Oh lawdy, this map is beautiful Smile

y u map so goood!!! Big Grin
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Impressive map. Great work. A whole new level of awesome.

Now go and make techassault and/or courtfun look just as good Wink

Uhm, has he said he'll refrain from map making? Doing quality work like this consumes a hell of a lot of time, look at the level of detail and the overall quality. You can't expect another map of similar quality to pop up just like that in the near future.

Give him some time, let's say, until Sunday? Cool

Anyhow, I strongly encourage anybody who runs a server to put this map on ASAP.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CTF] Xoylent (WIP) kuniu the frogg 14 12,999 02-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Nodenum