Brick 
Fantastic, sev, amazing creation!

Now my favourite map is present in Xonotic! Thank you Tongue
Xonotic player
[BOT] member

Awesome!
somewhere

*fap fap fap*

yeah, feels good to recover our good old soylent.
Very nicely designed.
Thanks Sev.
Fat.bot.Slim

Great work!

finally, thx!!!

Where is the teleporter?

(03-11-2011, 08:23 AM)node357 Wrote: Where is the teleporter?

In the secret room! Big Grin
Wink

Which is where? Please, don't play around. The last time people kept secrets it was a teleporter to get the flag from one base to the other and only certain people knew where it was. Otherwise known as cheating.

(03-11-2011, 08:30 AM)node357 Wrote: Which is where? Please, don't play around. The last time people kept secrets it was a teleporter to get the flag from one base to the other and only certain people knew where it was. Otherwise known as cheating.
Don't worry, it's just an easteregg. If you go there, you can't come back, so it's a disadvantage.
It's the point of an easteregg that not everyone can see it or get there, otherwise it would just be an additional prop. Tongue

Awesome map is awesome.

btw sev. it is still possible to create some normalmaps/heightmaps for your textures. if I catch you on IRC I will explain the process. (I should be on fairly frequently)

EDIT: nevermind, i thought heightmaps=normalmaps.

well, it still might be possible to generate heightmaps....
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(03-11-2011, 11:01 AM)theShadow Wrote: well, it still might be possible to generate heightmaps....

Out of the heightmaps you should be able to create normalmaps Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

he has normal maps already, so I am not sure what maps he is referring to. The method I was going to use involved turning the image into grayscale, and then feeding it into blenders displace modifier to generate a 3D model out of the texture. then he could render that as the heightmap.

I made the normalmaps for these with that method.
[Image: Screenshot2010-10-12at85856PM.png]

Imgur Gallery

Very nice texture. If you have the grayscale image, you can also use the normal map plugin for GIMP http://code.google.com/p/gimp-normalmap/

Anyway, to avoid confusion:
This is a normalmap:
[Image: 0ko28c4yey0zwkwxnlm2.png]

This is a heightmap:
[Image: bo2a01ubkz4ozcjf3ti.png]

The heightmap is saved as the alpha channel of the normalmap, which results in the finished _norm image:
[Image: wqow845bqbhs8wuexh.png]

Now, my textures have a normalmap, but no heightmap. The lines and angles of the textures are just too filigran, I get lots of distortions when trying to include heightmaps:
[Image: pxihm9jqth3us1gcrey7.jpg]
[Image: qiko76zrd2r9hcuqujry.jpg]

WOW nice!

oh, ok. so you CAN make the height maps, but it just looks better without.

Imgur Gallery

I can't figure out the riddle too. Are there clues as to the "admin ID" in the map (visible when you play on it)? That would be cool.

I think you should put a tuba into the secret room. :oP

Edit: Ok, I got a little further now, but I still don't know the PASSWORD rgggggggnnnnnn

Also, I spent two hours shooting at them flying asteroids but they are too fast for me and too small, too :o/

What's with the "YOU ARE HERE" sign? o.O nice easteregg, too, I suppose?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Approved! Smile

Ok I cheated Tongue but how do you get the password or ID, I kept shooting at the meteorites but nothing happens?

(03-11-2011, 08:41 AM)sev Wrote: Don't worry, it's just an easteregg. If you go there, you can't come back, so it's a disadvantage.
It's the point of an easteregg that not everyone can see it or get there, otherwise it would just be an additional prop. Tongue
Okay sev. Thank you!

Nice One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Still trying to find this so-called easter egg and getting very frustrated. Why's everything have to be so damn exclusive.

I found the easter egg, but like others I can't figure out the pass to get in :/

Didn't think the easteregg would bother you guys so much.
A few explanations:

Shooting the flying asteroids is an easteregg on its own. No connection to the locked gate.
Just a fun, small detail, since they are flying around anyway Big Grin

The locked gate: To open it, you have to stand in front of it, where you can see the login message.
The message tells you what you need to enter, either a username or the password to a previously entered username.
Use the console commands
Code:
tell #0 USERNAME
tell #0 PASSWORD
(These are not a "real" commands btw)

There are two people with full access rights to all areas: "Strahlemann" and "sev".
The respective passwords are VERY obvious (once you know them).
Strahlemann's begins with an "S", mine with an "X"...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CTF] Xoylent (WIP) kuniu the frogg 14 12,997 02-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Nodenum