Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tarx [CTF]

Hey,

here is a very open [CTF] map in air.

Download

[Image: tarx.jpg]

This will be a hit on publics. They love space maps and if they are open even better. Heart Tongue

I agree with Mirio and it's a good thing (not that i agree with Mirio, but that it will be a hit on publics Tongue ).
I also must say, that i like it. I was jumping around just for a short while, but i definitely like it.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Looks nice. Good work!
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

I have the idea (tell me if I'm wrong) that this map was released quite some time ago. I have played this map already, but that was weeks ago.

Well, anyway, I like it!
Moved to Mepper

(03-14-2011, 10:51 AM)mepper-NoSkillsOnlyLuck- Wrote: I have the idea (tell me if I'm wrong) that this map was released quite some time ago. I have played this map already, but that was weeks ago.

Well, anyway, I like it!

I had released a beta, but did not finish the map (weeks ago)....
old thread was here

My kinda map, nicely done.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Positive I've played this already, and it's very fun. Unlike most of those lovely "space maps" that involve us lesser skilled players being pushed into space every 5 seconds, it's easy to keep both feet on the titanium in this one. Love it.

I liked it when I gave it a try, but are you forcing realtime world lights? Even disabling and vid_restart did not remove the realtime world lights on the ceiling and fans. Courtesy of how DP handles those, framerate was much lower than it should have been(45fps). Good map overall!

(03-14-2011, 03:37 PM)ItsMe Wrote:
(03-14-2011, 10:51 AM)mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck] Wrote: I have the idea (tell me if I'm wrong) that this map was released quite some time ago. I have played this map already, but that was weeks ago.

Well, anyway, I like it!

I had released a beta, but did not finish the map (weeks ago)....
old thread was here

I played that one too, yes.

But I mean seriously, I have played this new, brown version. It just was on a server.
Moved to Mepper

Marvellous work ! I love it !
DarkRedman

I have updated the item placement...
- removed hlac
- placed mg where hlac was
- swapped electro and mortar
- new ammo placement

For download check first post...

Hello!

Some pictures could help but I'll try it anyway Smile
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

Added hagar and reduced the emitted particle effects.

Awesome! I've had so much fun playing this map over the years. Thanks so much!
(By the way, I got a 404 from the link)
@-z-, could we host his updates on xonotic.co?

I had textured some visible caulk faces and forgot to update the link. Done now.

Updated link to latest revision.

Just in case link rot happens, I am attaching this map here. Note that there is no LICENSE file included with this map, so, until told otherwise, the map’s license is unknown, and might not be open-source, but I will assume it is OK to redistribute this map for (at least) non-commercial purposes.

Attached Files
.pk3   tarx-full-157f675342264c9d96137e99540a2c32438468d7-0bbf6b287ab39cc1d1e0f454b448ecfa9ef3dfc3.pk3 (Size: 5.56 MB / Downloads: 0)
Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post except for attachments is public domain and any attachments, if present, are available under an open source compatible license.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,668 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,150 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,498 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario