Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone experience cap records being reset randomly?

This is happening for me with a Nexuiz server, but I assume the code related to cap records hasn't changed much for Xonotic. This might apply to Xonotic as well. I'll know when I get an active Xonotic server running.

I've been running House of CTF servers for a long time now (2+ years?) and I even moved the server to a new host a few months ago. The capture records remained intact.

However, I recently have been experiencing my servers resetting the cap records and I have no idea why. I remember this happened once on my private Batcave servers a few years ago and I never understood why that happened either. It seemed quite random.

Has anyone else experienced this on a server?

(03-15-2011, 12:29 PM)Dokujisan Wrote: Has anyone else experienced this on a server?

Yes, it just happened on the DCC server. The server was not even restarted and nothing except some harmless fs_rescan (for adding a new map) was done. Obviously it doesn't happen very often, because there were a lot of extreme records built up during the last months.

Needless to say the fastcappers aren't very happy... Confused
[Tue Aug 5 2008] [00:15:01] <Ronan`> RoKenn, you're an evil person Tongue

Do you use the same userdir for multiple servers?

How is userdir defined exactly? Blush

Well, each server has its own directory and I found the records in ~/.xonotic/srv_ctf/data/server.db.ctf, which should be pretty unique to the CTF server.

Funny enough the keys and locks for the servers are in ~/.xonotic, while they find their config files in .xonotic/srv_*.

BTW, BlaXpirit managed to repair the file (taking the records from a recent text snapshot) and I restarted the server with it.
[Tue Aug 5 2008] [00:15:01] <Ronan`> RoKenn, you're an evil person Tongue

I believe he meant gamedir. The userdir is ~/.xonotic, the gamedirs are subdirectories of the user dir and base dir (the latter contains the release files).

Key files are stocked in the userdir, yes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merge CTS Records Antares* 1 2,915 03-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Last Post: -z-
  [XR] Xonotic Records server -- flag cap records auto-posted to YouTube -z- 5 5,647 03-19-2016, 09:14 AM
Last Post: -z-
  How to change gametype inside server without having to reset. neXus 2 7,631 04-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Last Post: neXus