Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Blocky explosions?

My particle look out of whack. I'm not sure what caused it. I did recently add nexcompat as well as copying almost all of the .pk3 from nexuiz in the data/ directory. I noticed the changes after pulling and compiling.
[Image: mtjf8jktotiijq2yfxr5.jpg]

[Image: nxwbwidn4myxmlgr96g4.jpg]
bye / bad luck and have boredom

(03-23-2011, 02:37 PM)noobermin Wrote: as well as copying almost all of the .pk3 from nexuiz in the data/ directory.

Should not have done this. My bet is something modifying your effectinfo, can you type "which effectinfo.txt" in the console and see if it belongs to a package other than xonotic-data?

Uh...which?is that the right command? All it tells me is it can't find effectinfo.txt .

Same for which ./effectinfo.txt
Code:
~/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir $ which ./effectinfo.txt
which: no effectinfo.txt in (.)
~/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir $ which effectinfo.txt
which: no effectinfo.txt in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.4.5:/usr/lib64/subversion/bin:/usr/games/bin)

If it helps, I didn't copy the .pk3's into xonotic-data.pk3dir, just into the xonotic-root/data dir. Wouldn't my effectinfo.txt be wiped when I pull anyway?

I meant the GAME console, not a linux shell.

Big Grin derp.

Yes, its in one of the .pk3's i copied over.

I deleted it and it's back in xonotic-data.pk3dir. Thnx! Looks liek the usual particles.

I got the Nexuiz maps into Xonotic by going in and repacking each one I wanted into an individual pk3.

Worked pretty much flawlessly.

Caution: The maps only work because of nexcompat. Without this (going to stay?) they won't have textures.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug [BUG] strange checker pattern in the middle of explosions on Windows 10 fabzor3 2 2,541 09-23-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: fabzor3