Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[DM] Above

Visuals look pretty, and judging by size and layout that's just what one could need for a few player ctf match. This definitely should be included into official mappack.

Hmm, feels a bit to open to be official... I haven't played it online yet but it seems like once a decent player gets ahold of the railgun, they can hit anywhere on the map and the jumpads become deathtraps.

This also happens to be why I don't like Space Elevator.

Not that it's a bad map... far from it... but it needs some serious playtesting before we make decisions about it.

same concern as nowego.
Fat.bot.Slim

Should there even be such weapons as nex and sniper rifle on this map? Or is there some "full weapon placement" requirement?

Place the nex somewhere hidden like it is in "grassoline", the gasoline powered nexuiz map remake (the remake not also in nexuiz). That way, it isn't a fuckfest to rush for the nex, etc.

Otherwise, this map seems like a great map for dm at least. And it is fucking gorgeous.
bye / bad luck and have boredom

i decied to rename those maps (because it could be a bit confusing), two-platform version will be called "Above_small" and three-platform verion will be called simply "Above"

download Above from here:
http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/?n

download above_small from here:
http://ompldr.org/vOHd0cA/above_small.pk3
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(06-03-2011, 06:02 PM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: i decied to rename those maps (because it could be a bit confusing), two-platform version will be called "Above_small" and three-platform verion will be called simply "Above"

From what I know, the classic naming design when there are two versions of a map is calling the normal one "map" and the larger one "map_ctf". That might be better perhaps. Not sure if _small or _large are the best names to give to a map usually.

but none of them is ctf, you know Smile
the only difference at the moment is the number of platforms (and domination support for bigger version). Also 3-platform version is in autobuild and 2-platform is not, so basically, 3-platform one is "main" version, that's why it's called "Above" now.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram