Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[DM] Above

This talk of 3 platforms reminds me so much of one of my first nexuiz maps.. I think it was revdm1. I did a similar sort of thing with 3 platforms, all of which were different. It ended up being a lot more interesting than 2 platforms I thought.

(sorry for the plug, just agreeing with the 3 platform idea)

I added third platform.

http://ompldr.org/vOGl0Zg/above_extended.pk3

Here's how it looks now:

[Image: sf9p4mox763cvwsm9g4_thumb.jpg]
[Image: ju0v92dlpduqzm0853cj_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 2b4ci5wi9ey3bww52u_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 41iwc827qy0lz9tbn11d_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 07berjdkgtar9mvwff05_thumb.jpg]
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

very nice!
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Lovely! I believe this map should start being considered for official inclusion, really Smile

+1 for inclusion, very nice map!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

+1 too(want), hope to be at the mapping level of you... Smile

I dont like the idea of 3rd platform. 2 platform were enough, when played with 6 players.

In my opinion the execution of the 3 platforms idea can be improved.
[Image: 6gov7igpaawzjbkqqs0_thumb.jpg]

This could be a plan of it.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Great job, Kuniu! Nice idea, cortez. This plan makes the shape of this map looks more interesting.
Agree with C.Brutail: +1 for inclusion

(05-05-2011, 10:58 AM)Justin Wrote: Nice idea, cortez. This plan makes the shape of this map looks more interesting.

it makes the more like one piece.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(05-05-2011, 10:28 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: 2 platform were enough, when played with 6 players.
i kind of agree, although i wasn't playing an extended version with real people so it's hard to say at the moment which one would work better.

cortez666 Wrote:In my opinion the execution of the 3 platforms idea can be improved.
[Image: 6gov7igpaawzjbkqqs0_thumb.jpg]
this will make all paths and all platforms identical, i'm not sure if i want that. anyway - mad Paint skills, cortez Smile

also, if i would want to follow your plan, i would have to reorganize upper bridge between platforms, for example like here:
[Image: pt677eby268614kspf4_thumb.jpg]

BUT, this would probably ruin my idea of interactions between lower and upper bridge...
Frogg on Instagram

I feel like I've seen this map somewhere before...
[Image: optsig.png]

I would say put a bridge between every platform and leave the center empty. then you can have your interaction between upper and lower, as every bridge will have it.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Smile 
The three platform version is harder to play because enemy fire can come from various directions. Good. Smile
Ciao Smile
Massimo

How about releasing 2-platform and 3-platform editions separetly? With different names and different skybox like day and night-versions of the map, but also with different amount of platforms? Big Grin

I can't download it, can you re-upload it? Nothing from "http://omploader.org/" seems to work.

(05-17-2011, 08:40 AM)Icyton Wrote: I can't download it, can you re-upload it? Nothing from "http://omploader.org/" seems to work.

Can confirm.

Thanks! Great map BTW.

how about making 4 platforms and blocking 1 or 2 depending on the teamnumber like red planet does? 3 platforms seem a bit weird, how should a tdm with 2 teams work?

2 platforms are already big enough though. By adding X platforms it gets just bigger and bigger and you are happy if you find someone to fight. Tongue

Tried the extended version, and I like! Official map anyone? Smile

well, CTF version i have in plans will have 4 platforms Smile
but for having fun in DM, in my opinion, 2 or 3 platforms are perfectly enough.
I just can't decide at the moment which version i like more... Will have to flip a coin probably Tongue
Frogg on Instagram

About that... just one correction: I believe the two initial / linked bases should be colored in red and blue, and the new one (in the extended version) colored in yellow instead. As this seems much more correct to me, and CTF-ready.

+1 again for the inclusion of extended version. One of the best maps I've ever seen.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

+1 for include Big Grin (both)