Create an account

Poll: New weapon: iceball ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Maybe
25.00%
3 25.00%
NO
75.00%
9 75.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTION] We got the fireball, so how about ice?

I was thinking that maybe xonotic could differ itself from nexuiz (apart from changing its physics and models) by adding these more futuristic kind of weapons.

Weap name: Iceball (better name?)

Primary : freeze ray like the electro now (in this way we might also, by any chance, change the electro back to the one in nexuiz) Slows down enemy movement by a certain amount, then freezes them into a block of ice (like the one in freeze tag) after being hit for a certain amount of time. Does minimal/no damage.

Secondary : The slap button (shotgun secondary)
Destroys the ice cube & kills enemy

C'est tout for the moment.

Since Xonotic is supposed to be an "ultra-fast" game, I think some of the speed freaks will get annoyed if you try to slow them down! Tongue
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Perhaps it could turn them into a giant slippery ice block, so it's actually *faster* but totally uncontrollable. And movement melts the ice block.

Awesome anti camper weapon (freeze a camper and then laser them off the edge Big Grin)
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(04-09-2011, 07:09 AM)ThePWTULN Wrote: Since Xonotic is supposed to be an "ultra-fast" game, I think some of the speed freaks will get annoyed if you try to slow them down! Tongue

Ohh... haven't thought of that! Tongue
(04-09-2011, 07:14 AM)clanclanclan Wrote: Perhaps it could turn them into a giant slippery ice block, so it's actually *faster* but totally uncontrollable. And movement melts the ice block.

Awesome anti camper weapon (freeze a camper and then laser them off the edge Big Grin)

THat would be awesome.
"Die camper!"

1 problem though, how about stages where there arent any edges?

Then lava is the obvious choice. Let's make freezing damage-inducing when entering lava (because a frozen body will not just burn, but also crumble and evaporate)
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Yeah because freeze attacks in Unreal Championship 2 didn't piss me off enough already. NOPE.avi

Someone with some skillz should consider doing an epic ice-themed map though. Sonic 3 had one, Ristar had a couple, Tribes 2 had them, Metroid Prime had one, Tiberian Sun... and every freaking one of them games was memorable partially because ice levels are as epic as it gets in gaming. A snow and ice covered map with blkrbt's Traveller playing = Automatically epic
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Sounds like fun Big Grin That could be nice to use in CTF games... freezing flag carriers, then throwing them into botomless pits... And teammates running to free the flag carrier by hitting him on the head with their freezers....

I think that shotgun slap should also break the ice. Or maybe the ice should break after taking a certian amount of damage. So you can break it with whatever you want. Also it should melt in the lava and float on the water...

But yeah, that's probably something that would piss a lot of people off.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

*thinks of the Street Fighter 2-like stuns that plagued Unreal Championship 2.... switches into RAGE mode*
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

I'm serious about the ice levels though... too many new games lack these and ice levels have something special about them that make them epic, often times making even crappy games like Modern Warfare 2 memorable. Hell I could play Halo: CE and Star Wars Clone Wars (XBox bundled version) just because of the ice levels.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

So maybe we could treat this as a modification (or another type) of freeze tag?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Can we have fireball traps like in quake? Fireball 12 13,953 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Last Post: catfish
  [SUGGESTION] Bots got no legs The mysterious Mr. 4m 10 9,534 09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Got some gripes about the physics (Oh god not this $#!+ again) in the autobuild Lee_Stricklin 15 16,451 06-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Friskydingo
  [SUGGESTION] Grappling hook & fireball emrys merlin 1 3,443 04-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Ice Factory (new game mode) unfa 21 21,855 01-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Last Post: SavageX
  [SUGGESTION] Fireball defense suggestion Sir Emeth Mimetes 11 10,895 11-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Sir Emeth Mimetes
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon: Ice Burster Exitium 30 28,564 07-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Fossiltalk
  [SUGGESTION] Fireball launcher suggestions XV22 3 5,356 06-14-2010, 03:56 AM
Last Post: XV22