Create an account

Poll: which weapons are over/sub-powered
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
hagar's fine
3.85%
1 3.85%
hagar's not fine
19.23%
5 19.23%
shotgun's fine
11.54%
3 11.54%
shotgun's not fine
3.85%
1 3.85%
camping rifle's fine
7.69%
2 7.69%
camping rfile's not fine
11.54%
3 11.54%
electro's fine
3.85%
1 3.85%
electro's not fine
11.54%
3 11.54%
nex is fine
3.85%
1 3.85%
nex is not fine
11.54%
3 11.54%
hagar seeker's fine
7.69%
2 7.69%
hagar seeker's not fine
3.85%
1 3.85%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
Over-powered & sub-powered

Normal preview v0.1 :
Weapons I think are over-powered.
Hagar: It's so powerful that at short-range everything else is nothing (mayb except for nex). It might merge with the seeker, but i think the possibility is low (if for real).

Shotgun : If your enemy doesn't have hagar, the first person who pulls out the shotgun wins the clash. It's not that seriously over-powered, but i don't think it should be the default/initial weapon.

Here are some weapons i think are sub-powered.
Camping rifle: I know most of us think that theres no way the camper rifle would become the long-range killer, but no offense it's tooo weak now. I think we should either make the sniping range longer, and maybe make a "defy die-camper ability" just for this weapon.

Electro : The weapon's fine, but the secondary fire is just useless. We should make like some electric current trail marks or smth like that.

Beta n server versions :
Nex : For those of us who have tried the version with the auto-recharging Nex, do you think its over-powered? think we should make the charging time longer?

Hagar seeker :
This is the sickest weapon I've ever seen, especially the bullets/missiles/needles.

ps: we need a cooler minstaNex model.

There is already another balance, which is fine. Smile

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1750

(04-14-2011, 08:59 AM)Mirio Wrote: There is already another balance, which is fine. Smile

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1750

Ohh :O
didnt see that! Thanks I'll try it out

Yes, and it has been tested a lot already. Please let's not start this road again I'm hoping after these testing weekends Samual's balance goes in and that's the end of story, done, finished. Otherwise it ends up getting changed because someone doesn't like something which is wrong and I don't think the dev's will do this anymore Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

lol a little late. Samual already cranked out an anti-suck balance and what was once the default has had some clean up as well.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Not too late, I helped give feedback on the balance that Samual made. I wasn't arguing just saying that I think this is more then highly likely to be the new default for the game and that it has been tried and played with a shed load already.

Just tried it. Turns out the electro is now even weaker than the machine gun. Rocket's awesome. Crylink is a bit weak though. But the rest is pretty much ok.

mikeusa or another troll?

Someone can remove this post and ban please Smile

(04-14-2011, 04:21 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Not too late, I helped give feedback on the balance that Samual made. I wasn't arguing just saying that I think this is more then highly likely to be the new default for the game and that it has been tried and played with a shed load already.

lol I was replying to the first post in the topic.

@ brandon12
Obviously a troll. Watch kojn accurately predict him to be Mikee.

Oh wait.

I'll do another one here for Samual's balance then:
Laser : perfect
shotgun : perfect
machine gun : fine but a little bit too powerful at short distance, but still ok.
mortar : perfect
minelayer : never liked it but I think we could still bring the secondary back
electro : balls are bigger now so it's good
crylink : the firing rate can be higher
hlac: goood
sniper : perfect (like the headshot setting)
nex : perfect
hagar : perfect
rocket : perfect
tag seeker : i regret saying it was over-powered, but still goood. but we need a new model
fireball : we need a new model
minsta nex : same as above
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

I'm going to have to disagree with you about the Crylink and instead say "You just need to learn how to use it better."

Sincerely, Crylink is definitely on par+ with the others. And it's especially useful in some situations, such as trying to slow someone down who is running away or the like.

As for the machine gun, that can be tweaked.. the overall consensus is that the machine gun is slightly overpowered, so maybe i'll tweak this later and lower the damage slightly.

Anyway, glad you like it. ;3

The issue with the Machine gun is more to do with the lock-down it does to people when they are being hit, if that can be reduced a bit, it won't be so bad. At the moment you can't really move in the air if you are hit by it consistently.

Laser : no clue, but i dont mind. works as good as in nexuiz
shotgun : the slapping is annoying. i liked the secondary from nexuiz
machine gun : i dont like the bursts. the old way of a good accuracy with the secondary fire even at a long distance was way cooler then this.
mortar : to easy to controll.
minelayer : remove it
electro : the balls are too fast and three are not enough for a good splash damage
crylink : its way too overpowered on a close distance. something as in nexuiz 2.52 is better
hlac: remove it
sniper : remove it (its based on stuff from mikeeusa"!!")
nex : worst weapon, it got nothing to do with railgun anymore and the chargeable damage is also a useless idea. this weapon is supposed to do damage on a direct hit and now it does like 50 or 60 which is way too low. my suggestions: go back to the damage from the early nexuiz 2.x days.
hagar : the spread is to big
rocket : it doesnt feels like you do any damage with it any more. also remove the guide able rockets and make it a mutator only.
tag seeker : remove it
fireball : remove it
minsta nex : shouldnt be a separate weapon
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Was pretty balanced from what I've tried and quick and easy to get into. The weapons all have a time and a place to be used with very little redundancy between them. The only things that really bother me is the redundant weapons (HLAC, Camping Rifle), the shotgun slapping (wouldn't it be cooler if an impact hammer were mounted on this thing?), and the TAG is a bit sketchy. If what Cortez said about the rifle is true, then we should ditch it completely. The current balance and physics set actually makes the game more enjoyable than Alien Arena now lol. The only thing that is really holding this back is a lack of content in the official release (nowhere near as much as what Nexuiz had) and Nexuiz weapon models. If those get taken care of and especially if the new ammo system that Samual mentioned in another thread gets introduced, we will be looking at (I BS you not) the best arena FPS since the original Unreal Tournament.

Oh wait.

After some testing (a little Wink ) I can say that the current balance is not bad. Unfortunately I dont have time this weekend to test with all the others on Samuals servers, but I hope to find some time to participate in a game next week.

Cortez Wrote:Laser : no clue, but i dont mind. works as good as in nexuiz
shotgun : the slapping is annoying. i liked the secondary from nexuiz
machine gun : i dont like the bursts. the old way of a good accuracy with the secondary fire even at a long distance was way cooler then this.
mortar : to easy to controll.
minelayer : remove it
electro : the balls are too fast and three are not enough for a good splash damage
crylink : its way too overpowered on a close distance. something as in nexuiz 2.52 is better
hlac: remove it
sniper : remove it (its based on stuff from mikeeusa"!!")
nex : worst weapon, it got nothing to do with railgun anymore and the chargeable damage is also a useless idea. this weapon is supposed to do damage on a direct hit and now it does like 50 or 60 which is way too low. my suggestions: go back to the damage from the early nexuiz 2.x days.
hagar : the spread is to big
rocket : it doesnt feels like you do any damage with it any more. also remove the guide able rockets and make it a mutator only.
tag seeker : remove it
fireball : remove it
minsta nex : shouldnt be a separate weapon

Except the statement of the Nex I completely agree (but the mortar is more or less ok as it is Tongue). The Nex is quite fine atm ,it doesnt feel useless.

The Nex does 90 damage max., which is just fine. It is not overpowered nor underpowered.

cortez seems like quite the conservative eh? Traditional values all the way... even if they're fucked up.

I don't have time to get into another balance thread, so good day and save it for after the balance testing weekend.

Remember: April 29th, 30th, and May 1st. Be there or DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (unless you have business or some family event that you can't get out of... then you are excused. All others: die.)

Minelayer should be definelty removed, I agree with Cortez. Howerver the weapon model looks nice.Also guide rockets from rocket launcher should be removed or the rocket control should be reduced. I also admit that rocket should has its own speed and it shouldn't take the players (shooter) speed into it.
I have to say that Xonotic might desrtoy itself by level of graphics and new features. Cause as I can see we all are focused mostly on new effects, features, weapon models etc.. which is okey, howerver mabye we should take it into consideration and stop trying to set it on the highest level. Remember that nexuiz wan't so popular cause of iits graphics and features but the smooth and enjoyable gameplay.

ability to guide rockets is, in my opinion, the best weapon feature we have.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(04-24-2011, 10:40 PM)Samual Wrote: cortez seems like quite the conservative eh?

hey maybe they are fucked up but it got worse with the addition of more and more weapons. So why not choose the smallest amount of work/the least problems?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

What problems?

P.S I don't like the machine gun's burst fire either but it works to stop the weapon being over-powered in all distances as you can use the primary for short-medium now and burst for long, so for that reason I think it's ok.

I'd also like to see the TAG, HLAC, mine layer and fireball also removed..maybe keep mine-layer for ons/assault though.

(04-25-2011, 02:33 AM)Justin Wrote: Remember that nexuiz wan't so popular cause of iits graphics and features but the smooth and enjoyable gameplay.

Precisely why I deleted Nexuiz after I downloaded Xonotic Big Grin

And I think only the tag seeker should be removed. The fireball has seriously become annoying now cause of the mixing up with the jet pack fuel. But other then that its actually fine. HLAC is my favourite weapon btw.
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you REALLY need over 9000 FPS to play the game? Minkovsky 23 36,649 04-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Inso