Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Characters slice, don't run

(07-24-2010, 07:04 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: Irritant: I'm unsure if you implemented the skeletal system code in Alien Arena or someone else did, but if you could give me some insight on the sort of rig you used or any hints as to how you implemented that would be great. If you could take a look at this rig: http://dev.xonotic.org/attachments/downl...gnis.blend and see if it would work properly with code that would be very helpful.

Yes, I wrote the code and animated all the new models in AA. I had a look at the Ignis model you linked, and that is pretty much the identical rig I use to animate my models.

In order to have the models bend at the waist when looking up and down, you'll need to actually modifiy the engine so that it can accomodate this. Darkplaces handles the animation a little differently than Alien Arena's CRX engine does, so I don't know if the code I wrote would provide much help or not. That code can be viewed in http://svn.icculus.org/alienarena/trunk/...iew=markup in the GL_AnimateIQMFrame function.

I also noticed that when looking at the Ignis run animations, they look like they are going backwards, which could be causing some of the weirdness in movement as well.

Thanks a lot for taking a look at that rig for me!

Ya your code seems a bit different from the way I need to do it, but no biggie. Thanks a lot.

(07-19-2010, 01:20 PM)toneddu2000 Wrote: PS:what about single player(story) in xonotic? Guys who talked about it on nexuiz forums are disappeared?

We decided to hold off and wait until more stable release.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Well, it's a shame that the single player project is in stand by, but actually is more wise to wait for a stable release with new features useful for SP (CSQC models, cameras interaction, in game videos and so on)

If it should serve a modeler/rigger for monsters/enemies in the future, I'm here! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Need Help my map won't run :( Kamakazi 7 5,203 04-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  What is the deal with the Xonotic player characters rig? kristus 4 5,168 05-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Last Post: kristus
  Moonprison: A nice custom skybox that I don't know how to use yet Greaserpirate 1 9,278 10-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Last Post: tZork
  WIP Player Characters NightRage 8 7,623 02-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Last Post: s1lence
  [Font] Concept 5 (Don't ask about v2-4) sev 10 11,512 12-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Last Post: unfa