Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lessons from the demise of another game?

http://www.bloodfrontier.com/index.html

I really am not trying to say anything about xonotic in and of itself--hell, we are making progress like crazy--but I think it's valuable to look at what others have gone through and at least be aware of possible issues.

For one, I'm not sure I agree with his last point which sounds more like something out of the "cathedral" model as opposed to the "bazaar". Yes, not everyone will be happy, but our community ends up beings our devs in this case, as in hackers, modelers, mappers, etc, we can't exactly ignore them.
bye / bad luck and have boredom

Three quarters of his points are obvious the rest are wrong. The article as a whole is completely useless.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

The thing about community members sounds about right, and wanting to voice opinions/tweaks, don't do it! :p
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(04-17-2011, 07:31 AM)kojn^ Wrote: The thing about community members sounds about right, and wanting to voice opinions/tweaks, don't do it! :p

HEY GUYZ I MAED A REALLY AWESUM BALANCE AND PHYSICS CONFIG YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT! *shitstorm followed by me spamming some moar* lol I am still tweaking an alternative physics set though if anyone is interested in it.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

hmmm, is there some competition for 'amount of threads i can mention balance in', ok old joke.
Lee, is your avatar actually a picture of you? there was a whole film about that you know, and in it: your Avatar is not you!
ok, i know, shhh rad, i get it a lot.
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

(04-17-2011, 07:48 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(04-17-2011, 07:31 AM)kojn^ Wrote: The thing about community members sounds about right, and wanting to voice opinions/tweaks, don't do it! :p

HEY GUYZ I MAED A REALLY AWESUM BALANCE AND PHYSICS CONFIG YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT! *shitstorm followed by me spamming some moar* lol I am still tweaking an alternative physics set though if anyone is interested in it.

seriously, STOP IT NOW. Every thread you've mentioned it!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

That post was intended to be a joke.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Some jokes get old. Fast.

Hey, I think I'll start a balance myself. wait, why did i say that i didn't want to say that? am i crazy now?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

i irc , so i can chat to all you lovlely people , its never a waste of time

but yer game fail 4 them , not 4 this game though.

COS WE AINT GUNNA LET IT RIGHT NERDS?

RIGHT THEN , PLAY THE GAME AND STOP -T , NEEDS +T

er

beer again.....

yay beer!

t

:^

Oh. I think I have read 1/3 of this page. It's too much. Too much drama and sheeet. Like a soap opera. But I think some points might be useful for us. Like: use communication channels that do leave a trace of what have been there. And: make some plan and don't brak it just because someone has a better idea Big Grin Knowing where are we going would (will?) help us on our way.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rendering with one graphics card, outputting video with another. Can it be done? Lee_Stricklin 0 3,217 08-17-2018, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Some words in a language can make sense in another nekomata 10 8,881 06-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Post: edh
  Yet another balance thread Spaceman 11 9,432 04-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Another round of depressed piano playing! Samual 7 6,830 01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Another new open-source FPS: Red Eclipse Exitium 18 19,525 09-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Fireball
  Another thing for the polish audience (DJP) unfa 2 3,925 08-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Take a trip to another dimension. unfa 9 8,089 08-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Another Phoenix is rising from the ashes Lee_Stricklin 11 12,107 03-30-2011, 01:24 AM
  Steel Storm - another game using the DarkPlaces engine divVerent 7 13,192 01-02-2011, 05:13 AM