Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTION] Combat weapon (pls read)

This would be my last suggestion on weapons, probably in 2 months.

Everyone who is here should've heard of cod, modern warfare stuff like that. As you know, knifing is an awesome thing you can do apart from shooting at people like you're mad.

Anyways, I know we've got the shotgun. I've heard of its sick range, and I know how the bots have more of an advantage using it than we do. Why? Cause the "program is determined" (I'm not saying it's too strong) at what time it should strike, while we can only do it most of the time when people aren't aware that we're stalking them.

So what Im saying here is, maybe we can have a weapon just for melee attacks? It should be able to do quick strikes and shouldn't lag for a long time after the first strike. It should also have extremely high damage (high than the shotgun). it should also have a larger attack range than the shotgun (in combat)

Im thinking of having a pistol (with really low damage, accuracy & inf. ammo) with it.

This is just the first step. If anyone is interested, I'll try make a model for it. I'll learn how to use blender as quickly as possible! Big Grin
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

How would a melee weapon fair against a sniper with The Nex or The Sniper Rifle (or whatever they're called today).

A melee weapon could be useful in a 1 vs 1 close fight.

Maybe using the melee weapon could give the player extra shielding from long range weapons??

> This would be my last suggestion on weapons, probably in 2 months.

Please do continue with your suggestions, every idea has some merit.

The reason why melee weapons (knives, clubs, swords or whatever) work in games like CoD, L4D, Halo etc. is because they are relatively slow-paced games, compared to Xonotic. Sprinting in CoD, for example, is comparable to normal walking in Xonotic.

As far as I can see, what you're suggesting here is a melee weapon that is both easier to use and more powerful than the shotgun. Sounds pretty overpowered to me! Tongue

Xonotic is simply too fast for melee weapons (at least fair weapons) to work well anyway.
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Sprinting in CoD isn't even equal to normal running in Nexuiz or Xonotic lol
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Already have the shotgun melee, I don't think we need to add another weapon to do what is already a function on the shotgun, means more work for the developers for not much gain at the moment.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

emrys, there is one problem. We have (IIRC) 16 guns. This is quite a lot considering you can carry all of them. If you want another gun it's better if it replaces an existing one.

But I don't mind if our shotgun gets replaced by a badass lance with an attached peashooter. Wink
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

naryl Wrote:But I don't mind if our shotgun gets replaced by a badass lance with an attached peashooter. Wink

+1. It would be awesome to have a lance that causes damage proportionate to relative velocity. That means that you can rocket/laser jump above campers, and squish/impale them on the way back down Big Grin

The charging nex "sort of" does this, but it would be cool to have it as an official feature.

Think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuQ6TX61V...re=related from 1:01 to 1:10. "MAXIMUM STRENGTH" <BOOM>
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

I think perhaps we could simply fix the shotgun, reducing the delay between when you click and when you actually attack. you really can't use it as a reflex attack the way it is currently.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

theShadow: That's nice IMHO. It's not too easy to use, it's to be mastered and I like it. There are already enough fast guns in this game Smile It's like a 'higher level' of playing when you learn timing the shotgun and predicting enemy movements to hit him. I like it as it is now Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(04-18-2011, 07:33 PM)clanclanclan Wrote:
naryl Wrote:But I don't mind if our shotgun gets replaced by a badass lance with an attached peashooter. Wink

+1.

i want a lance and lance ammo and the lance would get longer the more lance ammo you have and you could poke people and push them aside, so they couldn't get the flag and there would be awesome lance fights! And lance jumps! And team mates could combine their lances to create a mega-lance!
4m038105 - Be the change.

Are you referring to a Gunblade, naryl?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Yes.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

I like the shogun melee the way it is now, it shouldn't be really easy to use and it actually requires some skill to get the timing right (Which to be honest, isn't even that difficult if you put some EFFORT into learning it). It does a lot of damage as it is now already.

I'd say No, purely because I don't see it as an improvement but only another thing that has to be configured..no shotgun and putting a pistol and lance in it's place means, new model, new animation, new damage settings etc, just too much work.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Also theShadow, reducing the delay from the click to the attack could be an idea but I kind of like the fact you have to time the attack as it is now, but what unfa said about timing player movements to hit them Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(04-18-2011, 11:49 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Sprinting in CoD isn't even equal to normal running in Nexuiz or Xonotic lol

How about a new game mode "Xonotic Reality" or "XR", it uses realistic physics and short range weapons. The Nex and crap rifle are not used, the projectile weapons are slowed down and other melee weapons are added.

g_weaponreplace_* (or whatever the cvar is called) can be used to replace the unwanted weapons on current maps.

This could be an exciting new direction for Xonotic.

(04-21-2011, 05:07 PM)Spaceman Wrote: How about a new game mode "Xonotic Reality" or "XR", it uses realistic physics and short range weapons. The Nex and crap rifle are not used, the projectile weapons are slowed down and other melee weapons are added.
but you know, snipers exist in the real world Wink
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Pffft, you're all doing it wrong. In reality, the shotgun melee attack is way too easy and overpowered. It was of course designed like this.

j/k, but look at the following frag: http://www.hrfdesign.com/crap/videos/umad_fisume.ogv Tongue
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Reads link: "crap/videos/umad_fisume.ogv", grabs popcorn
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(04-22-2011, 10:55 AM)FruitieX Wrote: Pffft, you're all doing it wrong. In reality, the shotgun melee attack is way too easy and overpowered. It was of course designed like this.

j/k, but look at the following frag: http://www.hrfdesign.com/crap/videos/umad_fisume.ogv Tongue

Nicee stuff.

Anyways Im suggesting this cause the shotgun melee range is really a bit short. Im saying a real melee weapon might be good for real short range attacks. That is, as quick as counter-attacking someone who ambushed u and tried to slap u with da shotgun. (yea so therefore it should be like a little bit like a power-up thingy instead of a super weapon. Could be using the rocket fuel just like the fireball.)
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,846 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,693 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,836 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,130 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,868 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,196 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon damage Damasco 17 14,531 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Last Post: ShuffleShot
  [SUGGESTION] Share your opinions only on weapon balance! rocknroll237 67 52,630 02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon models and vehicle cockpit FOV independant from game FOV Lee_Stricklin 2 4,858 07-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Should switching to the already equipped weapon switch to the previous weapon? Loafers 11 11,644 06-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL