Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Story or Book?

As soon as I joined these forums, I sought the development of a story for the game, but maybe this could be the wrong way to go, maybe instead of a story, Xonotic could be an anthology, a book full of stories.

If you are familiar with the 'Battle for Wesnoth,' you will also be aware of the scenario download feature. Basically I was thinking that if Xonotic had the capability to load individual story packages, it would allow for easy singleplayer episodes.

Just a thought...:p

[Image: sig2.png]
Check out my site: www.alisdairrankine.com!

Hmmm...interesting...it would be both good and bad...(i.e. poor campaigns.)(but many campaigns!)

yea, but combine it witha community rating system...it could be a win!

True true. I like it, but is a campaign already in the works? It could become the starting story.

Im not sure, there are LOTS of stories circling the forums! but yea, doesn't mean there can't be a main canonical xonotic story, it just means that there can be a lot more!

Suggestion:

We make a community written book then sell it to help fund the webhosting etc.

Which is awesome!

It could be a collection of lore, stories etc. all about the Xonotic universe. Once the Xonotic universe is stitched together anyway...

reading the first two lines i knew wesnoth was involved Big Grin!
im kind of against any plot or anthology or story or... whatnot.
i mean, its more like an competitive game which doesnt really need a plot.

but - indeed - an anthology would be awesome. not necessarily needs to be done tho.
[?] - #kwestion @quakenet

(03-29-2010, 12:29 AM)vaan Wrote: reading the first two lines i knew wesnoth was involved Big Grin!
im kind of against any plot or anthology or story or... whatnot.
i mean, its more like an competitive game which doesnt really need a plot.

but - indeed - an anthology would be awesome. not necessarily needs to be done tho.

I disagree. Having a story never hurts. Plus, a story gives more identity to the game. Places the action in time and space. Just think about Prince of Persia (original). Awesome story, awesome game. But if it didn't have a story, you would be roaming the castle halls like crazy just to rescue a princess you know nothing about.

I agree that this is a FPS, but a story is always good.

i... kinda changed my mind lol.
see other thread: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=31
[?] - #kwestion @quakenet

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Cold truth about any Story mode for Xonotic. ai 60 62,649 10-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Sarge999
  [SUGGESTION] Xonotic Story draft (aka oh man this could be worse than physics) Minkovsky 15 17,611 10-13-2011, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] A separate forum for Story Mode? MANERS 12 13,257 09-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] How singleplayer/story mode might work ThePWTULN 10 11,101 05-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste
  [SUGGESTION] story concept theShadow 14 17,729 03-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Last Post: norbert79
  [SUGGESTION] Story AllegedlyDead 6 6,833 03-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Last Post: AllegedlyDead