[SOLVED] XonStats on XDF (CTS) server?

Question 
hi peepZ

it.s me again with some bugging questions: Tongue

Did it make any sense to add:
Code:
set "g_playerstats_uri" "http://stats.xonotic.org/stats/submit"

on a XDF (CTS) server ?

Are there any planings for publish stats from players/server from run/cts maps?

GreetZ Su

You should send antibody a message on irc, I'm not sure if he reads all the threads on this forum.

CTS isn't supported at the moment. You can do one of two things:

1) continue to set the playerstats URI in your settings, then you'll automatically start recording games when CTS support is added.

or

2) wait until I announce CTS support, then add the URI setting sometime after.

I'd prefer option 2 so you don't send unnecessary requests to the stats server, but really it is your preference.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

It would be great to see CTS supported in XonStat too. I think a lot of people - including me - would really enjoy that.

I also think it will be interesting to see what you would come up with to rank players.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

I.d like to prefer some option 1 and hope more XDF/CTS/or whatever-it-called server would do ...

Better some "unnecessary" requests than empty requests (so unnecessary?) like made by the most vanilla server .... Tongue

But seriously - exists there any "roadmap" to support - what would be the basis of valuation for the stats - something like best time set to 100 per map/per server - calculate a ratio per map - than add them per player for all servers and maps ?

GreetZ Su

I don't really have a roadmap. I'm really driving my work in stats from:

1) Anything that is broken
2) Integrating with the game better
3) Storing the fields I don't currently store or displaying the fields that I currently store but don't *show* on pages

Backing up a bit from stats, a lot of my work right now is around the actual infrastructure of the project: making sure Wordpress and the forums are up to date and investigating moving to a new development tracker. That's a job all by itself! It takes a lot of my time and I have other goals for myself that I want to complete as well. I'm trying my best to keep pushing stats along nicely.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

I hope you don.t misunderstood me .. Tongue

My intention isn.t to bother you or push you to something ..

First of all: Thank you very much for everything you do for xonotic Heart

I think it would be great to have a worldwide playerstats of one of the most played Xonotic mod ... even it could attract some old/for us new players which like this mod Smile

GreetZ Su

edit - done! - thanks to antiboby xonstats now working

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 673 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,819 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,755 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,049 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,965 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,318 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Server crashes TF2 server Professor 2 2,950 02-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Professor
  Server CTS Leaderboards: Now on the Web Antares* 9 6,507 03-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Merge CTS Records Antares* 1 2,915 03-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Last Post: -z-