Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use Xfire and share Xonotic!

There have been discussion about support of Xonotic in Xfire and there is a thread about it in here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1114

However, it seems that Xfire has finally started to support Xonotic!
http://www.xfire.com/games/xonot/Xonotic/

But you know, being one of the least-played games isn't really flattering. Therefore I'm asking the whole Xonotic community to use Xfire in order to make Xonotic more popular among other players!

WHAT IS XFIRE: Xfire is an instant messenger for players and used by millions. More information at http://xfire.com and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfire

Xfire records playing minutes of games which are played and therefore ranks the most-played games in order. If we manage to get Xonotic for example in top 200, I'm sure the game will be recognised among other players. Of course Xfire is useful when friends are playing together and so on, and we could use Xfire's community-tools in order to make Xfire Xonotic community - as in Facebook and Twitter.

Windows users can use the original Xfire-client from http://xfire.com . Linux users should check Gfire-project ( http://gfireproject.org/ ) , which is Xfire-plugin for Pidgin (also available for Windows, if you don't like original Xfire). I don't know about Mac OSX support - someone using OSX could check this out?

Let's make Xonotic popular!

Edit: GET FULL POWER OF XFIRE!
(05-09-2011, 10:51 AM)BARTUC Wrote: Dunno if this topic is correct but i want to share with the community the code for full access and support for Xonotic in Xfire

Code:
[6525]
LongName=Xonotic
ShortName=xonot
LauncherDirDefault=C:\Documents and Settings\Fabio\Desktop\Xonotic
LauncherExe=xonotic.exe
DetectExe[0]=xonotic.exe
DetectExe[1]=xonotic-sdl.exe
DetectExe[2]=xonotic-x64.exe
DetectExe[3]=xonotic-x64-sdl.exe
LauncherNetworkArgs=+connect %UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT%
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=OGL
InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE
InGameOGLTextureOffset=32000

The only part to change is this :

Code:

Using this code you can make screenshot like this and uploading in Xfire for sharing ... real easy way

[Image: 113839946-1.jpg] [Image: 113839940-1.jpg] [Image: 113839927-1.jpg]

IMPORTANT : every update the change of the Xfiregam.ini must to be redone Sad

Hope to be clear Big Grin

G Fire downloaded and installed, now I just have to remember to actually use the freaking thing lol the last time I was really seen online with X Fire was in 2008!

EDIT:
The auto-detect games function doesn't seem to pick up Xonotic for me, Windows or Linux versions. Maybe G Fire's game list is out of date.

EDIT AGAIN:
Figured it out, need to click add games on your XFire/GFire settings and point it at the game's executable.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Not really a fan of xfire tbh. I use steam/teamspeak for everything.

What you guys should do is upload videos and screenshots to the xfire page so people can see what xonotic actually is.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

In my opinion we should just XFire to get the game to rank higher than last and wait for a 1.0 release before heavily promoting or posting screenshots of it.

Oh wait.

(05-07-2011, 03:01 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: In my opinion we should just XFire to get the game to rank higher than last and wait for a 1.0 release before heavily promoting or posting screenshots of it.

+1
true! look at changes from 0.1 release to now!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

+1 for "use steam for everything"

Wish we could get Xonotic on steam, but I suppose that's impossible :p
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

asking is nearly always possible!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Xfire rank #846
up from #1442 yesterday

Only with 4 users and 700 playing minutes? Seems like no-one actually uses Xfire with indie or not-so-known games, only with popular titles. Big Grin

However, we need to get Xonotic more popular. Smile

EDIT:
(05-07-2011, 04:02 PM)FruitieX Wrote: +1 for "use steam for everything"

Wish we could get Xonotic on steam, but I suppose that's impossible :p

Maybe someone main-dev should ask Valve about this? Smile Asking is always possible and doesnt cost anything, as rainerzufalldererste said. Yes, it's not likely to have Steam support, but asking is always nice. Smile

Well if alienTRAP can get that Capsized game on there I dont see why we cant get Xonotic alongside other free titles like Alien Swarm.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

(05-08-2011, 01:37 PM)Sepelio Wrote: Well if alienTRAP can get that Capsized game on there I dont see why we cant get Xonotic alongside other free titles like Alien Swarm.

Good point. Besides Valve supports modding and have released Source SDK and Source engine have the same origins than DarkPlaces (Quake engine), so I think they might be very interested in Xonotic.

Here are some useful links:
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/g...tarted.php
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/FAQ.php

Of course Steam release cannot support Linux version of the game, but that's no problem. Linux users can download this game via distribution's own repository or from this page (unless Valve releases so much rumoured Steam for Linux).

Actually Steam can kinda support the Linux version. The Linux executables can still come included with the game in it's directory and it wouldn't be the first time that games downloaded from Steam became natively playable either. Prey and Quake III: Arena/Team Arena for example have installers that allow Steam-downloaded copies to be played natively under Linux. Also Steam and XFire = great big huge way to advertise the game.

Oh wait.

Dunno if this topic is correct but i want to share with the community the code for full access and support for Xonotic in Xfire

Code:
[6525]
LongName=Xonotic
ShortName=xonot
LauncherExe=xonotic.exe
DetectExe[0]=xonotic.exe
DetectExe[1]=xonotic-sdl.exe
DetectExe[2]=xonotic-x64.exe
DetectExe[3]=xonotic-x64-sdl.exe
LauncherNetworkArgs=+connect %UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT%
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=OGL
InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE
InGameOGLTextureOffset=32000

The only part to change is this :

Code:

Using this code you can make screenshot like this and uploading in Xfire for sharing ... real easy way

[Image: 113839946-1.jpg] [Image: 113839940-1.jpg] [Image: 113839927-1.jpg]

IMPORTANT : every update the change of the Xfiregam.ini must to be redone Sad

Hope to be clear Big Grin
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

Thanks BARTUC! Gonna edit it in the first post!

Ty Exitium Smile
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] Locked down Xonotic build for use in schools? Shaun_Dark_Lord 9 2,074 08-22-2023, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Shaun_Dark_Lord
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,160 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Teamspeak and/or mumble servers to use for Xonotic? rocknroll237 7 9,836 06-06-2013, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
Bug Does anyone actually use the laser alt-fire? W4RP1G 20 15,517 04-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Last Post: ==Troy==
  [Poll] How often do you use Rocket Launcher's Alt Fire? Loafers 9 8,938 04-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Majki
  Xplosives so reliable: How do I do rand(); or use it in quake C? XonoxSeven 4 5,282 09-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot
Exclamation Xfire support ??? BARTUC 13 16,557 05-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Exitium
  Topic on Xfire Hellgardia 8 6,728 12-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Hellgardia
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,090 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz